Entravision

Be The First To
Add Photos

Entravision Chairman and CEO Walter F. Ulloa

Walter F. Ulloa

Excellent company to work!

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Monterey, CA

ProsExcellent company to learn from if you are new to the broadcasting industry.

ConsAbsolute positive experience during my tenure with the company.

Great atmosphere

ProsGreat work-life balance, an awesome place to gain tons of experience.

ConsLittle room to grow in small markets, compensation could be better for growing markets.

Not given a fair chance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostime off policies.They were not understanding of serious health issues.

ConsCompensation did not fit what you were asked to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more direct and make up your mind about what you want people to sell.Don't fill thier plates so much and be wishy washy. Invest in upgrading some of your properties.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast-paced work, demanding schedule

News Editor (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat for networking with high-profile people. Many growth opportunities and chances to advance in your career.

ConsVery demanding schedule, personal life has to be juggled constantly and many other compromises.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more direct your employees.

It's a great company, I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with; a fascinating industry!

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI had the opportunity to interact with many kinds of people in different fields and to establish a relationship with the community.

ConsThe company moved to the Sports Authority Stadium, downtown Denver.

Advice to Senior ManagementEntravision's upper management is understanding and dedicated to their employees and community.

Good people but little room for growth.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGood work environment with talented staff. Good platform for getting experience.

ConsLittle return for long hours and effort.

Learning experience

TV News Anchor/Reporter (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsIdeal for out of college professionals, as a first job on TV.

ConsLack of quality standards and practices aimed to improve the overall TV News product on the air.
    Business model based on squeezing employees into fulfilling as many jobs as possible.
    Low salaries, and penny pinching practices.
    Unable to recognize and compensate quality work and new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove quality of personnel, starting with managers in charge of too many News operations.
    News manager lacks professional knowledge of Journalism, and is limited in his Spanish understanding.
    Hire journalists with profesional experience as managers and mentors in their News Departments.

Great People

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsAutonimous environment. Ability to create your own opportunities. Pleasant people to work with.

ConsFrugal company. Could invest more in business tools.

Heavy tilt twds inept Corporate Management

Operations Manager (Former Employee)

ProsInsular niche Hispanic segment provides opportunity for specialization in marketing of products and services

ConsMinimal benefits, imposition of cheap Corporate oversight and poor long distance management with too much emphasis on limited internet presence

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more respect for local marketing ideas and efforts, bring salaries closer to market levels, stop trying to pretend your broadcast company is an internet company

Entravision consideres itself a Hispanic Co.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McAllen, TX

ProsEntravision benefits are good. Health insurance costs to employees are good compared to what other companies same size offer. They also offer life insurance at no cost to employees.

ConsEntravision has changed a lot since they became a Public Company. Before they were very employee oriented and that has changed. The company seems to work behind the times or even backards. Management style for Entravision i would categorize as micro-managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging ! let people work you'll be suprised how talented and capable your employess are.

Worked for Entravision? Contribute to the Community!