Envestnet

Be The First To
Add Photos

Envestnet Chairman, Founder, and CEO Jud Bergman

Jud Bergman

Valuable experience and growth opportunities

Various (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA growing dynamic company allowing for growth potential. The company grew exponentially while I was there which created more and more jobs that gave existing employees a chance to learn and do something new. Management was always great to work with, listened to you and mentored you.

ConsIt's a sales focused business that continuously cut costs through lay-offs. restructuring and gradually moving operations depts to its office in India. The company tends to keep departments under staffed. Requesting more staff is a hard sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep depts well staffed so no one is overworked with their own workload or doubly burdened when others are sick or on vacation.

High growth company with poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood people to work with for the most part. Work-Life balance is okay but could be heading in the wrong direction if they aren't willing to pay more to get and keep talented employees. Growing company on the forefront of their industry.

ConsThe lack of communication seems to be overwhelming throughout departments. Recent changes in management style is leading to more micro-management and more working hours. Under-staffing is becoming an issue. The compensation and benefits are awful in comparison to the industry. Management is completely out of touch. There was almost no praise or recognition (verbal or otherwise), but you will be blamed for mistakes made by lack of training and ever-changing systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more flexibility and trust to your employees. Understand that the high rate of growth of the company is leading to confusion and inconsistency in daily tasks. So much growth is only sustainable for a limited amount of time. Give more recognition and encouragement, and treat employees like the valuable assets they are to your company.

Inexperienced Senior executives

Sales (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosgood for first job but a long term place to work. Does have an ok work life balance and human resources is good. Employees are good people

Consbad culture built by senior executives. They are out of touch. Pay is not good. No perks and very political.

Advice to Senior Managementnone. They don't listen or know what to do

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Employer is trying to boost these reviews

Senior Portfolio Specialist (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsQuitting was the best decision I ever made.

ConsYou can tell that these cheesy positive reviews are from managers that have been told to pump up the rating on here.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Good technology but firm has a bit of an identity crisis

Regional Consultant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsTalented colleagues for the most part. Decent compensation, very good technology.

ConsBenefits were pretty cheap, medical in particular. The technology was good but the firm also tried to do too much. Some of the functionalities are too complicated to use hence nobody uses them despite significant cost to build.

Advice to Senior ManagementEase of use is more important than being all things to all people.

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosspace to grow; good company culture

Constoo much of politics; no time flexibility

Advice to Senior Managementok

Self Starters' Dream

Operations Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIf you're self motivated and value work life balance within the Financial Services sector Envestnet's the place to be.

ConsIf you're looking for a company with a formal training program when you begin, this company simply isn't for you. Also the pay is slightly on the low side.

Overall feeling and satisfaction of the enviorment.

Client Service (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsCo-Workers make the place a great enviornment.

ConsToo much politics with some departments.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on employees

Awful management, boring unrewarding work

Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsCasual atmosphere, a very light work load, stress free work place.

ConsThe managers are awful. Multiple employees cannot stand management, especially in the software test department. Great at their job when it comes to programming and testing, but have no idea how to manage other people.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers to manage! Don't hire people that excelled at their technical position to be in charge, they don't know how to mange, they just know how to do their primary role.

Poor pay, lack of training, lack of appreciation, however you are not micromanaged.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe management does not micromanage. They provide life insurance for free in the amount t of your salary. They contribute up to 2% of your income to your 401k.

ConsThe management is unappreciative of hard work. There is a lack of training. The pay is awful. The workload is high, the staffing is low. You work a lot more than 40 hours with no thanks and no compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide training. Give credit when credit is due. Reevaluate your compensation because a lot are under paid and some are over paid.

Worked for Envestnet? Contribute to the Community!