Envestnet

Be The First To
Add Photos

Envestnet Chairman, Founder, and CEO Jud Bergman

Jud Bergman

Valuable experience and growth opportunities

Various (Former Employee)

I worked at Envestnet full-time for more than 8 years

ProsA growing dynamic company allowing for growth potential. The company grew exponentially while I was there which created more and more jobs that gave existing employees a chance to learn and do something new. Management was always great to work with, listened to you and mentored you.

ConsIt's a sales focused business that continuously cut costs through lay-offs. restructuring and gradually moving operations depts to its office in India. The company tends to keep departments under staffed. Requesting more staff is a hard sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep depts well staffed so no one is overworked with their own workload or doubly burdened when others are sick or on vacation.

Employer is trying to boost these reviews

Senior Portfolio Specialist (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Envestnet full-time for more than 5 years

ProsQuitting was the best decision I ever made.

ConsYou can tell that these cheesy positive reviews are from managers that have been told to pump up the rating on here.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Good technology but firm has a bit of an identity crisis

Regional Consultant (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Envestnet full-time for more than a year

ProsTalented colleagues for the most part. Decent compensation, very good technology.

ConsBenefits were pretty cheap, medical in particular. The technology was good but the firm also tried to do too much. Some of the functionalities are too complicated to use hence nobody uses them despite significant cost to build.

Advice to Senior ManagementEase of use is more important than being all things to all people.

Good company to work for

Seattle, WA

I have been working at Envestnet full-time for more than a year

Prosspace to grow; good company culture

Constoo much of politics; no time flexibility

Advice to Senior Managementok

Self Starters' Dream

Operations Specialist (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Envestnet

ProsIf you're self motivated and value work life balance within the Financial Services sector Envestnet's the place to be.

ConsIf you're looking for a company with a formal training program when you begin, this company simply isn't for you. Also the pay is slightly on the low side.

Overall feeling and satisfaction of the enviorment.

Client Service (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Envestnet full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCo-Workers make the place a great enviornment.

ConsToo much politics with some departments.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on employees

Awful management, boring unrewarding work

Software Test Engineer (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Envestnet full-time for more than a year

ProsCasual atmosphere, a very light work load, stress free work place.

ConsThe managers are awful. Multiple employees cannot stand management, especially in the software test department. Great at their job when it comes to programming and testing, but have no idea how to manage other people.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers to manage! Don't hire people that excelled at their technical position to be in charge, they don't know how to mange, they just know how to do their primary role.

Poor pay, lack of training, lack of appreciation, however you are not micromanaged.

Denver, CO

I have been working at Envestnet full-time for more than a year

ProsThe management does not micromanage. They provide life insurance for free in the amount t of your salary. They contribute up to 2% of your income to your 401k.

ConsThe management is unappreciative of hard work. There is a lack of training. The pay is awful. The workload is high, the staffing is low. You work a lot more than 40 hours with no thanks and no compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide training. Give credit when credit is due. Reevaluate your compensation because a lot are under paid and some are over paid.

Self Starters Dream Job

Product Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at Envestnet full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis company truly rewards employees who are self starters and bring drive and work ethic to the table.
Engaged Mgmt team

ConsIf you expect things to be handed to you or a formal Merrill Lynch-like training program, you are out of luck. If you are not a self starter or not afraid to ask questions and seek answers, this might not be a good fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor younger employees, put more of a training program in place to get them started off correctly.

Choose your own path and grow

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Envestnet full-time

ProsEnvestnet is a young company that has experienced quite a bit of growth during the last few years. As a result, there are many opportunities to grow with the company. If you are a team player, motivated, and not afraid to approach management you'll be treated as an asset. While there are some departments that hire externally, the vast majority of them in the Chicago office prefer to bring someone through the ranks.

ConsThere isn't much of a focus on development within a position because the workload is high. Pay could be better and sometmies appears to vary wildly from person to person in the same department. The benefits leave something to be desired (PTO, 401k).

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve upon what you are doing, make the company a more attractive place to work for current employees, and don't be afraid to have honest discussions with employees about the work environment

Worked for Envestnet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Envestnet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Envestnet CEO Jud Bergman. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Envestnet employees.