Envestnet Reviews

Reset
Envestnet Chairman, Founder, and CEO Jud Bergman
Jud Bergman

1. SR. LEADERSHIP SLOGAN AT INDIA OFFICE DO-AS-I SAY, NOT AS I DO

Current Employee - Client Services in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Current Employee - Client Services in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

US Leadership is inspirational. Envestnet's futuristic growth is tremendous. Back office carrier at Trivandrum office is simply enormous. Very matured operational process and one can build good carrier.

Cons

Irrelevant company wide initiatives without measuring ROI. Excess power is used for dominance of Division.

Advice to Management

US direct intervention is required for ensuring BOP at India Office.

Better place to grow together

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is a place which I feel that this is part of my life. I am really enjoying the life here since I could balance my professional and family life. Colleagues are really friendly and helping minded.

From the technology side, it has upgraded to the latest technologies and I got too many opportunities to work with the different technologies. It was really helping me to improve and upgrade my technical skills. I got too many challenging opportunities, it helped me to explore new technology solutions. This is a good place to learn and explore new technical areas.

Company recognizes the skilled and truly committed persons. Leadership recognized my work, they provided me more opportunities, salary hike and incentives when I have delivered quality products. Salary packages are really good. The salary structure is excellent than any other company which i worked earlier.

Managers are free minded. They are arranging 1-1s twice in a year, usually they are asking "do you have any concerns?" They are ready to hear our words.

There are too many fun activities like fun games during office ours, cricket matches, short films, family get together... It makes me to love this company since it provides a homily atmosphere.

Company is in a growing stage, too many new offices, too many new projects... I could see how quickly the company grown in the last 9 years. Really a good place to grow together.

Cons

The domain might be difficult for a new employee, but once we got the domain base it might be interesting. I was not coming from financial domain, so in initial stage it was very difficult for me to understand the concepts. But, once I got the basic idea it was really nice.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work

3. A great place to work

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Envestnet is a product company and is doing pretty well in the US financial arena. Work at Envestnet is dynamic and fast-paced. I work for the engineering team in Trivandrum. I particularly like the flat hierarchy and the inclusive culture of Envesnet. People’s opinions, ideas and suggestions are valued, if deemed fit implemented as well.

Compared to the companies I worked earlier, the key differentiators are the importance given to innovations Performance and commitment. HR, Finance and Admin teams are very supportive and responsive.

Everyone loves the handsome pay package, profit sharing, stock options and performance incentives. A good PF component builds a corpus for the long-term, the insurance covers the entire family with the option of covering parents as well.

Since the time I joined I witnessed several initiatives aimed towards employee welfare which prompted me to write an appreciation note.

• The corporate social network – It keeps us all connected, facilitates effective collaboration, knowledge sharing and gives company-wide visibility and credits to SMEs and contributors
    • Senior management from EVPs to Vice Presidents meet up with different teams in an open forum. They respond/ addresses questions/challenges/concerns raised by team members
    • Envestnet recently recruited around 30 best students from engineering colleges in Kerala, they deployed the most innovative ways which was acknowledged by the campuses. Envestnet retains the ‘dream company’ status. They also conducted boot camps to keep these recruits engaged.
    • 360 degree evaluation implemented for annual appraisal.

Performers are given opportunities to lead/participate in key projects and innovative initiatives, many star employees have been identified through this and they form the next line of emerging leaders. For high performers this is a truly rewarding place which is why there is a very strong layer of tenured employee who have completed 8-10 years with Envestnet.

Cons

Not given adequate importance to documentation. More people dependent that process adherence.
     There are less women in leadership
    Office Pantry needs to have more option as free snacks are taken off

5. Great place to work in Thiruvananthapuram

Current Employee - Manager in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Current Employee - Manager in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Envestnet has been growing over the years with increasing business opportunities each quarter. The India office situated in Trivandrum is expanding really fast with a great facility inside the city which makes daily commuters life really easy. This is a great company which gives importance to both professional and personal factors. The pay scale of Envestnet is best around the industry without any hidden components added to your CTC; you’re guaranteed your take home.
    What makes India office really sort after is the strong leadership team lead by both the EVPs who heads the India Engineering and Operations respectively. The leadership team is always open to new ideas and gives you ownership of your ideas and your space to work at Envestnet. The core values of Trust and Collaboration within the organization are meticulously followed within the organization which makes this place really great to work.
    The HR function is one of the most friendly and approachable team in this organization which really are a rare luxury in the corporate world nowadays.

Cons

Promotions at the middle layer could be challenging because it’s a very difficult call for the management to differentiate people among the already existing pool of great Talent.

Advice to Management

Fast track should be implemented.

6. If you're a true self-starter and hands-on, this is the place you would enjoy

Current Employee - Senior Member In Engineering Division in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My experience at Envestnet in Engineering for last 10+ years has been refreshing always and makes me feel good with a company that believes in and trusts their employee's.

*Opportunity - I have got the needed space and creative opportunities to grow within the organization.
    *Innovations - Innovative ideas are always welcomed by supportive leadership. You can take best out of yourself and you get good support even for individual initiatives.
    *Leadership - Great thought leaders guiding the team from front. True enablers.
    *Visibility - You have a easily approachable higher management and they keep the teams close to them.
    *Great Work Place - An environment allowing even people with less experience to get going. Leadership gives responsibility in your hands - a true recognition of your ability.

Cons

-Lots of learning opportunities, but very limited formal training provided. Again, advantage for those are self-motivated to learn.
    -Challenges in working closely with geographically distributed teams.
    -Large compliance requirements, that brings in more controls which sometimes affect the flexibility and agility.

Advice to Management

Present situation of Envestnet is very exciting and at the same time challenging. With geographically distributed teams of highly talented people, there is a need on focus for providing a much effective collaborative environment to help various teams to work together, explore and agree on outcomes by providing a common ground for moving forward.
    Keep up the great work, Continue to innovate and Attract more talents.

7. Proud to be part of this company with great leadership having clear vision and a team that works together as a family

Current Employee - Product Development in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Current Employee - Product Development in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is really nice to work with a true product company that nourishes creative ideas and supports the implementation of ideas with thoughtful guidance. The work culture is really professional with good empowerment and clear ownership for different levels of Managers. This explains why I am able to work for more than 12 years with many members having similar levels of long term association with the company

Cons

It would be challenging to keep up with all the activities happening across different teams at different geographical locations.

Advice to Management

It would be good to improve communication with different teams across the globe, so that all the members are fully up to speed with what is happening.

8. Self Starters Dream Job

Current Employee - Product Development in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Development in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company truly rewards employees who are self starters and bring drive and work ethic to the table.
    Engaged Mgmt team

Cons

If you expect things to be handed to you or a formal Merrill Lynch-like training program, you are out of luck. If you are not a self starter or not afraid to ask questions and seek answers, this might not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

For younger employees, put more of a training program in place to get them started off correctly.

Management very supportive and respectful, you make your own path.

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Envestnet

Pros

Work environment fun and respectful, career advancement opportunities excellent, company growing.

Cons

Pay could be a little better.

Advice to Management

More direction in career path guidance.

10. Implementations

I have been working at Envestnet full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

training and guidance from managers

A good place to work

I worked at Envestnet

Pros

Growing company and ample opportunity to develop

Cons

As it is a growing company there are many new positions and processes which have not been established

RSS Feed </> Embed