Envestnet Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Envestnet Chairman, Founder, and CEO Jud Bergman
Jud Bergman

Would not recommend to anyone!

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours were good - out by 4 every day.

Cons

Major HR issue, was met with no resolution. No clearly defined career opportunities - favoritism very much a factor in getting even an interview for a promotion. Little to no training resulting in mistakes, which then were solely your fault.

Do not apply at Envestnet

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Banker's hours. The other employees are great.

Cons

Management and pay. The overal culture and morale is extremely depressing.

Advice to Management

Try harder.

terrible place to work, wouldn't recommend to anyone

Current Employee - Client Services in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Services in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good hours and work life balance, but this is not always the case. Many times it's short staffed so you will have to work much longer hours and/or not take a lunch.

Cons

management is extremely out of touch, very unprofessional environment, no set job description or training resulting in mistakes that will be entirely your fault

Advice to Management

they should try to actually manage employees, not sure what they do all day but they defiantly don't run an efficient, productive department

Awful management, boring unrewarding work

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Envestnet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual atmosphere, a very light work load, stress free work place.

Cons

The managers are awful. Multiple employees cannot stand management, especially in the software test department. Great at their job when it comes to programming and testing, but have no idea how to manage other people.

Advice to Management

Hire managers to manage! Don't hire people that excelled at their technical position to be in charge, they don't know how to mange, they just know how to do their primary role.

6. Employer is trying to boost these reviews

Former Employee - Senior Portfolio Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Portfolio Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Envestnet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quitting was the best decision I ever made.

Cons

You can tell that these cheesy positive reviews are from managers that have been told to pump up the rating on here.

Advice to Management

None.

Inexperienced Senior executives

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good for first job but a long term place to work. Does have an ok work life balance and human resources is good. Employees are good people

Cons

bad culture built by senior executives. They are out of touch. Pay is not good. No perks and very political.

Advice to Management

none. They don't listen or know what to do

It's a job not a career

Current Employee - Product Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are not too many positives other than the hours. The company is good for people that want a job that holds them until they find another opportunity.

Cons

Unless you are in upper management or in with upper management there is no growth. The pay is way below average and the bonuses are very low. Do you homework before starting to work here and make sure to ask the hiring manager about why they are hiring.

Avoid if possible

I worked at Envestnet

Pros

It is an ok company with decent benefits and compensation. You would work here when you are in between jobs

Cons

The middle management is absolutely terrible. They have little people management skills. It is always about deadlines and folks who are more interested in knowing if you clocked 8+ hours (it will so remind you of office space). There is no career management here as the middle managers have no clue or industry experience in it. If you are a software engineer (in QA specially), avoid this place. There are so many better opportunities out there, do yourself a favor and find those instead of coming here. If you still are interviewing here, please ask around how many folks have left the company in the last year or two. You will get the clues.

Advice to Management

Develop people management experience. Vest in the careers of you employees if you want the best out of them.

Look Elsewhere....There are much better opportunities in Seattle.

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location of office in Columbia Tower is nice if you live in the city.

Cons

I can only speak for what the group in Seattle (formerly Tamarac). My assessment is that the Dev teams and QA teams are managed by people that are in way over their heads because they are inexperienced, immature, and do not have broad industry exposure nor familiarity with best industry practices. They lack people skills and it is very apparent they do not have their subordinates best interests at heart. A lot of people get fired with little or no notice or are forced to resign. They vanish one day and we are cynically told that they have "chosen to seek opportunities elsewhere". This happens quite a lot. I am leaving because I don't like the Sword of Damocles hanging over my head since there did not seem to be any good reason why many of the people were fired. It's so random that I could be next. The software development and QA practices are antiquated. They call it Agile but I think of it is Wagile (Waterfall + Agile). No real test automation. Most testing is done the old fashioned way. Consequently lots of regressions. Lots of politics. Expect no loyalty from your manager. You will eventually be scapegoated if you work here long enough for some screw up or poor planning by your manager. Again, I think this is related to having green managers. They are good at playing CYA by faulting the employee. I almost feel like I am playing a game of gotcha with my manager. They will claim that this is a forty hour a week job but that's a bald faced lie. Expect a slice or two of Zeek's pizza or some phad thai from Ferry Noodle for your overtime efforts but not a word of thanks or appreciation. Pay is below average and the benefits are cheesy. The work is not all that interesting. I would imagine this is the modern day equivalent to circa 1970's COBOL programming in a bank. No real opportunity for advancement. Watch your back.

Advice to Management

With the likes of MS, Amazon, and a plethora of smaller software companies, I would think upper management could clean house and bring in better managerial talent for DEV and QA. Open up the wallet a bit and bring in some talent that understands modern software development practices and has some solid industry experience. Many of the managers are Tamarac holdovers and IMHO got their position not out of merit so much as simply being in the right spot at the right time. Tamarac needs some qualified experienced managers. Also, to attract talent at all levels make the salary and benefits with the Seattle area norm.

NO TRANSPARENCY & WEAK TOP MANAGEMENT

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Transparency or criteria is not there in allocating yearly bonus, salary revision and RSA distribution

Cons

Clear favoritism, favored employees only get best benefits; others are sinking.., escalation is not possible for employee grievences

Advice to Management

US Management intervention is highly required

RSS Feed </> Embed