Envestnet

Updated February 19, 2015
3.2

Envestnet Chairman, Founder, and CEO Jud Bergman
Jud Bergman

Better place to grow together

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a place which I feel that this is part of my life. I am really enjoying the life here since I could balance my professional and family life. Colleagues are really friendly and helping minded.

From the technology side, it has upgraded to the latest technologies and I got too many opportunities to work with the different technologies. It was really helping me to improve and upgrade my technical skills. I got too many challenging opportunities, it helped me to explore new technology solutions. This is a good place to learn and explore new technical areas.

Company recognizes the skilled and truly committed persons. Leadership recognized my work, they provided me more opportunities, salary hike and incentives when I have delivered quality products. Salary packages are really good. The salary structure is excellent than any other company which i worked earlier.

Managers are free minded. They are arranging 1-1s twice in a year, usually they are asking "do you have any concerns?" They are ready to hear our words.

There are too many fun activities like fun games during office ours, cricket matches, short films, family get together... It makes me to love this company since it provides a homily atmosphere.

Company is in a growing stage, too many new offices, too many new projects... I could see how quickly the company grown in the last 9 years. Really a good place to grow together.

Cons

The domain might be difficult for a new employee, but once we got the domain base it might be interesting. I was not coming from financial domain, so in initial stage it was very difficult for me to understand the concepts. But, once I got the basic idea it was really nice.

Keep the good work

A great place to work

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Envestnet is a product company and is doing pretty well in the US financial arena. Work at Envestnet is dynamic and fast-paced. I work for the engineering team in Trivandrum. I particularly like the flat hierarchy and the inclusive culture of Envesnet. People’s opinions, ideas and suggestions are valued, if deemed fit implemented as well.

Compared to the companies I worked earlier, the key differentiators are the importance given to innovations Performance and commitment. HR, Finance and Admin teams are very supportive and responsive.

Everyone loves the handsome pay package, profit sharing, stock options and performance incentives. A good PF component builds a corpus for the long-term, the insurance covers the entire family with the option of covering parents as well.

Since the time I joined I witnessed several initiatives aimed towards employee welfare which prompted me to write an appreciation note.

• The corporate social network – It keeps us all connected, facilitates effective collaboration, knowledge sharing and gives company-wide visibility and credits to SMEs and contributors
    • Senior management from EVPs to Vice Presidents meet up with different teams in an open forum. They respond/ addresses questions/challenges/concerns raised by team members
    • Envestnet recently recruited around 30 best students from engineering colleges in Kerala, they deployed the most innovative ways which was acknowledged by the campuses. Envestnet retains the ‘dream company’ status. They also conducted boot camps to keep these recruits engaged.
    • 360 degree evaluation implemented for annual appraisal.

Performers are given opportunities to lead/participate in key projects and innovative initiatives, many star employees have been identified through this and they form the next line of emerging leaders. For high performers this is a truly rewarding place which is why there is a very strong layer of tenured employee who have completed 8-10 years with Envestnet.

Cons

Not given adequate importance to documentation. More people dependent that process adherence.
     There are less women in leadership
    Office Pantry needs to have more option as free snacks are taken off

AUTOCRATIC LEADERSHIP STYLE @ENVESTNET TRIVANDRUM OFFICE

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Efficient leadership at US Office. On a high growth phase. Opportunities to learn.Good to start a career.

Cons

Process ambiguity for maintaining undue power by Senior leadership in India office. Leadership style is autocratic in India office. No system for people to reach US office for any escalation. No system to collect employee feedback. Decisions are purely personal and becomes policy later. No transparency in allocating benefits for Employees RSA, Bonus etc. Technically publically traded company but functioning like a Sole proprietorship.

No body is care about what is happening at India office.
    NO TARGETS NO TENSION ONLY ENJOYING UNDUE BENEFITS BY SENIOR MANAGEMENT.

Please do employee survey.

Great place to work in Thiruvananthapuram

Current Employee - Manager in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Current Employee - Manager in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Envestnet has been growing over the years with increasing business opportunities each quarter. The India office situated in Trivandrum is expanding really fast with a great facility inside the city which makes daily commuters life really easy. This is a great company which gives importance to both professional and personal factors. The pay scale of Envestnet is best around the industry without any hidden components added to your CTC; you’re guaranteed your take home.
    What makes India office really sort after is the strong leadership team lead by both the EVPs who heads the India Engineering and Operations respectively. The leadership team is always open to new ideas and gives you ownership of your ideas and your space to work at Envestnet. The core values of Trust and Collaboration within the organization are meticulously followed within the organization which makes this place really great to work.
    The HR function is one of the most friendly and approachable team in this organization which really are a rare luxury in the corporate world nowadays.

Cons

Promotions at the middle layer could be challenging because it’s a very difficult call for the management to differentiate people among the already existing pool of great Talent.

Fast track should be implemented.

Great People

I worked at Envestnet

Pros

People were great to work with. Plenty of opportunity within a growing company

Cons

Compensation a bit lower than competitors

Some good people, but incompetence at many levels

I worked at Envestnet full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Work/life balance was pretty good
    -Very social atmosphere and many young people
    -Very entrepreneurial and able to make an impact if you know what you're doing
    -The company serves a real need, so it has done well despite many missteps

Cons

-Very chaotic and disorganized, with many senior people in way, way over their heads
    -Many managers and executives are incompetent, although they were very arrogant and bought their own hype
    -Pay was not competitive and bonuses were laughable
    -Extremely political; the ability to suck up was more valued than talent or competence

I don't think they'd listen to any advice...

Growing firm and excellent opportunity for the right person

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If self-motivated and assertive, there are opportunities for input and advancement. Good work/life balance for the most part. Seems to be working on areas of improvement. Constantly growing.

Cons

Many areas of needed improvement still in progress but sorely needed. Pay calculations not clear to staff. Large workload. Inexperienced management. lack of training for new hires. Sink or swim in many cases.

NO TRANSPARENCY & WEAK TOP MANAGEMENT

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Transparency or criteria is not there in allocating yearly bonus, salary revision and RSA distribution

Cons

Clear favoritism, favored employees only get best benefits; others are sinking.., escalation is not possible for employee grievences

US Management intervention is highly required

No work life balance

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company growing, promotion potential, benefits adequate

Cons

No work flexibility, difficult to get permission to go to a doctor's appt without being frowned upon, conformity a must, ability to work from home but management refuses to allow it unless you know the right people, lower management unprofessional and untrained on how to manage people, constant criticism without reward, growth has been too fast and training program is non existent, but you are punished for making mistakes without being properly trained. As another reviewer said, and many at the company as well, it's a job, not a career.

Try some flexibility, realize getting the job done correctly is more important than conforming to a manager's power trip, offer management classes, hire mature management internally, realize retention is valuable and pay for experience. Ask employees about how management is doing, reviews only go down and not up. Consider the big picture and work styles to get the most out of individuals, employees are more motivated when they can trust their superiors and don't feel like their boss owns them.

It's a job not a career

Current Employee - Product Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are not too many positives other than the hours. The company is good for people that want a job that holds them until they find another opportunity.

Cons

Unless you are in upper management or in with upper management there is no growth. The pay is way below average and the bonuses are very low. Do you homework before starting to work here and make sure to ask the hiring manager about why they are hiring.