Envictus

Not yet rated.

Wiqas Tahir

Great Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsIn the last year, we've transitioned to a virtual office and everyone works from home, which I love!
    I work well independently and am allowed to do so while still having the ability to contact upper management should i have any questions or need additional direction on a project.
    I have found upper management to be open to new ideas or suggestions, which is a nice change from previous employers who want no input from employees.

ConsIf you're a social person, working alone at home may not be a good fit for you.
    As a small company, you may be asked/expected to do tasks that aren't part of your normal job description - this is normal in all the small companies I've worked for but I've noticed that it can be difficult for some people to adjust to this.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince we all work remotely, be sure to keep everyone in the loop on how well the company is doing and how we're moving forward to ensure the success of Envictus!

Avoid - My worst experience in my entire life.

ProsThey are good at bait and switch!

ConsThe management team is so terrible that you have to be thankful for America, and that if this team can run a business - so can you! If you are a good person and try to do the right thing, you will never get noticed here, nor will be motivated to come to work everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead a good book on running a business built on positive values and social norms, and not radical views such as one that questions the integrity of employees, while displaying a dictatorship.

Worst job experience, ever.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsThe software / product is interesting, and generally speaking, the staff was pleasant and eager to work hard.

ConsThe management was (is?) haphazard and unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking advantage of your employees and show some appreciation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid at all costs

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

Pros1 hour for lunch if you like taking long lunches

ConsTerrible- Avoid at all costs.

As a sales professional with 4+ years of proven success, I was flat out offended the way I was treated here. I worked 50 hour + weeks, averaging 50+ calls per day and my effort was questioned. I also was told I have "no track record of sucess", which is really dumb considering they never worked at my old jobs (or talked to any of my colleagues)

The management will evaluate you on role plays and practice presentations while they never even showed reps how to do one first, and then criticize you when you don't do/say the right things. You get criticized for asking questions. And then you have to justify every action to management.

They handed me a power point presentation slides (3 per page) and told me to write my own questions, comments, etc for a sales presentation.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't hire someone and then fire them 5 weeks into the job after giving them no support. don't hire reps before you hire a sales manager. don't constantly ask your reps why they are doing something "TELL MY WHY", when you haven't given them clear instructions on what to do first. don't give 2 days of training and call it sufficient. don't sit in the back office all day and then micromanage for 1 hour.

AT ALL COSTS DO NOT INTERRUPT PEOPLE WHEN THEY ARE SPEAKING

Great company with a challenging, rewarding mission to change education

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros--A little company with a great mission. It felt like coming to work meant I was changing the world every day, at least for high school students (the end user)
    --Loved the fact that not only could I do content but that it combined background (writing) with my passion (helping kids).
    -- Smaller company then, so I learned about other jobs besides my own (I did content development). Everyone may not consider that a pro.
    --Better than average pay (be ready to work though)
    --Good people, team (normal, hardworking, willing to help you learn)
    --Management demanding, but usually fair. When I had an issue figuring out how to move forward with some unfamiliar work I was assigned, a senior manager took the time to help me understand it. If you screwed up more than once, they could be taskmasterish.

ConsHigh-quality thinking and working necessary. This isn't a con so much as an explanation for why working here isn't for everyone. Envictus' management expects pretty hardcore dedication from its workers--so if you're used to surfing the net, leaving right at 5 p.m. and rolling into work when you feel like it, this isn't the place for you. You will be held to high standards and if you aren't meeting them, you'll hear about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring was too centralized for such a small company. We should have gotten more input into who was coming on the team, not just a manager making a decision. We can see things from the ground up that you sometimes can’t! More regular updates on worker progress would also be nice. There were definitely a few times where I was wondering if I was doing a good enough job--just help us to understand if we're doing things right. It's nice to be reassured!

New Flexibility and Outlook

ProsAfter a recent overhaul in the company, there has been a lot of positive changes. We all work from home and get to participate in many different types of projects. Management is very receptive to input and works hard to create a team atmosphere. Our mission to help students and schools is constantly getting refined and I feel like we are at the point where our product is really making a positive impact on kids.

ConsWe are a small company and at times it can feel like we don't have all the resources we need to get projects done. With the economic downturn I worry sometimes we have all the capital we need to keep improving our product and team. We also have to cross train a lot and cover tasks outside of our official responsibilities- this can cause stress when you have to work outside of your comfort zone.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the communication and willingness to listen to every member of our team as we get bigger. Make sure that you continue to consider input from employees on the "front lines" who interact with customers on a daily basis.

Great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people

ProsThe company's focus is on teaching students "how to do school." Accordingly, this company provides a great opportunity to positively impact middle school and high school age students and their schools.

ConsGiven the state of the economy, funding for schools has taken a hit, providing growth challenges across the education management industry. In order to grow, companies like Envictus need to be creative in securing dollars from schools.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek alternate funding sources in order to grow and improve to meet the needs of today's students. Since our product is delivered through technology, investment in making the experience for students as up-to-date as possible is important.

Worked for Envictus? Contribute to the Community!