Environmental Resources Management Reviews

Reset

Not great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Environmental Resources Management (More than a year)

Pros

project experience and some travel if you are lucky

Cons

- very disorganized - low pay - management doesn't care about employees - long working hours and no recognition for good work - management doesn't really care about quality control of work, they only care about profit - you only advance in your career if you are "someone's friend"

Amazing company

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time

Pros

Excellent management and opportunities to grow

Cons

No cons at this time.

Great development opportunities soured by politics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Africa, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Africa, SC

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing project opportunities Very bright colleagues Superb knowledge base and resources and systems Global links

Cons

Political connections mean more than performance Myopic focus rewarded more than collaboration

Advice to Management

The business has to bigger than the personalities - stop pandering to friends and those that make the loudest noise and reward the people who deliver the goods

5. Excellent, ethical company!

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management

Pros

ERM is a fantastic company to work for! Wonderful people - everyone is helpful and engaging.

Cons

I have experienced none thus far.

6. Good company

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management

Pros

great benefits flexible job

Cons

none I can list

7. Engaged Office

Current Employee - Associate Engineer
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management

Pros

Great people in this office

Cons

Need to be self motivated

8. I had an excellent experience working with ERM

Former Employee - Project Manager in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Exton, PA

I worked at Environmental Resources Management

Pros

Fabulous and diverse project opportuntiies

Cons

I was working on energy efficiency proposals and they deemed it duplicative of their marketing department jobs, so I was laid off.

Advice to Management

I don't presume to give management advice.

Great Employees, Managers Not So Much

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best technical consultants are here. The work environment is very good. You'll learn very fast. Challenging assignments, diversity, innovation.

Cons

Managers are driven by money to a fault. Key resources are not respected for their expertise, only their billability and sales. Used to be focused on quality but no so much anymore. I think they may have reached their highest level and be on the decline.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention tom people. Beware of running off all your senior technical resources. Actually have a technical ladder, instead of one on paper.

Company footprint is amazing but too much competition between offices hinders collaboration.

Current Employee - CL2
    Current Employee - CL2

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time

Pros

International connections; several different labor categories allows you to see something new.

Cons

Billing rates/multipliers are too high resulting in lost work to competition; too much focus on utilization vs employee growth; company "pryamid" is top-heavy (more partners/senior level staff in comparison to junior staff); most vacancies filled via outside hiring vs promotions from within.

Advice to Management

Need to work on developing the company from the bottom up. The company is well positioned in most markets and now it's time to focus on the people you have currently instead of looking for the next best thing.

Project Scientist

Current Employee - Staff Scientist
    Current Employee - Staff Scientist

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time

Pros

Lots of flexibility (work at home, flexible schedule, work from other offices). Opportunities to be involved in many different projects, including some international assignments. Great Pro-bono opportunities through the ERM Foundation. Lots of on-the-job training. Direct line managers tend to be really good.

Cons

Low base pay and little bonuses, not competitive with peer consulting firms. Only 7 National Holidays + 1 floating, and not enough vacation time. Difficult to grow and get promotions. Vacancies in higher levels are normally filled up with outsiders, making it very difficult for in-house employees to grow. Training programs are very scarce and only focus on high-level staff. Quality of training is low and does not focus on developing consulting/project management skills. Work-life balance is challenging: lots of hours and consultants are over-worked most of the time. Junior staff has a lot of pressure on billability, leaving them little room to develop non-billable work. Although line-managers tend to be really good, there is only so much that they can do given ERM's nature and higher management decisions.

Advice to Management

Manage better the cost of opportunity for junior and mid-level consultants. Provide more growth opportunities. Offer competitive benefits. Focus on training and development of all-level employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed