Environmental Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Sarah S. Robinson

Nepotism and 'Good ole boy' workplace not for a professional scientist or developing a career

Senior Scientist (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsSmaller offices (5-20) are close-knit and have the entrepeneurial feeling

ConsIf you are not in JAX or RAL, you better keep your resume current and polished. Two main offices with numerous small satellites constantly fighting over the scraps of projects. Unless you are a man who likes fishing, and can tolerate the 'good ole boys' you will have no long-term future at this husband-wife owned company.

Small pockets in S. FL have great female leadership, but the remainder of the company has to tolerate blatant favoritism of 3-4 select male managers, as well as the ego-stroking that Sr. Mgmt often demands.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay less attention to outside vendors trying to sell you lectures on "better/friendlier management styles" and focus on growing professionals that need the mentoring of seasoned managment, not canned presentations.

Listen to employees that are not in the JAX office, there are smart people within the company that do not have a voice.

Sr. Management cannot be trusted to help your career - Meet goals or you are gone!

Wetland Scientist (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsDecent-sized office is good for local opportunities. The jr. staff are helpful at training you in how to be a better consultant. Some really decent folks, and we have a after-work opportunities.

ConsI've been told that the Corporate office (remote to this office) has the ultimate say in almost every decision... the management here do not support the staff, I've seen good folks come into the company and be escorted out when they pull back the Wizard of Oz veil and see that a family owned and run business only breeds favoritism.

Someone else said that it is a "Boys" company and coming from the north I am shocked and dismayed to agree.... Women aren't treated the same as men, nor is the pay comparable.

If you do work for this company, hope that you are in the Corporate office... all other offices are treated as 2nd-class.

I left the firm briefly and returned hoping somethings would change... they unfortunately haven't. I'm polishing my resume and 'looking' every day....

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to staff, sometimes they may be right..... communication of the good should also be presented with the bad... Be aware that the inequity within the firm (salary, bonuses, allowances for errors for the Sr. Mgmt) will one day be an issue....

Worked for Environmental Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Environmental Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Environmental Services CEO Sarah S. Robinson. All reviews posted anonymously by Environmental Services employees.