Envisage Information Systems Reviews

19 reviews filtered by
Steff McGonagle

1. Lots of freedom, great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Envisage Information Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You’re free to relax and be yourself at Envisage. It’s a team environment where everyone’s ideas are heard and considered. The people are friendly and always willing to help out. I like that I don’t have a “boss” telling me what to do and how to do it. You're encouraged to learn, and they offer free training in any subject you want! I also love that I can work the hours that I choose, and take a day off when needed without eating into my vacation time.

Cons

It gets a little chaotic every once in a while, but everyone helps each other through it.

Take time to open up the communication lines a little more.

Oct 22, 2014Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It's great to hear how much you appreciate our bottom up leadership philosophy which is the cornerstone of our culture. Thank you also for the ... More

Great company with lots of potential

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Envisage Information Systems

Pros

Great people, family atmosphere, flexible time structure

Cons

Lack of organization, poor benefits, no holidays, lack of leadership

Agree amongst yourselves before communicating with employees

Oct 22, 2014Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Many of our team members enjoy our family type atmosphere and flexible schedules. We recognize it's not always smooth sailing at Envisage, and we ... More

Horrible at all levels - that's when i say the least

Current Employee - Java Developer in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Envisage Information Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly teammates
    Free Food
    Humble CEO
    The cons FAR outweigh the pros.

Cons

Middle and upper management consist mainly of a set of good old boys who pretend to know the latest technologies and industry trends, but are really living in the '90's. They rest on the laurels gained merely from undeserved longevity. Those of us who are current in our skills and knowledge get no support or recognition, and most of our work is never even used.
    Best Talents are already left Envisage.
    Inconsistent performance evaluations. Your "Couches" have no control over your yearly raises.

Value employees- regardless or rank - they are your biggest asset. Stop paying developers PEANUTS.

Oct 22, 2014Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your review! As a current Team Member, we encourage you to discuss your concerns with your Coach, Director, or Human Resources. You should be receiving annual performance evaluations ... More

A place to earn a paycheck

Pros

People are good and friendly. Lots of work to do and lots of flexibility when it comes to work location. Free snacks.

Cons

Insurance costs are comically expensive. No 401K match. Doesn't this company work in retirement software? Standard PTO. Pay is comparable for the area, which means you will earn a lot more else where. As someone else mentioned - sink or swim when it comes to figuring out and succeeding at your job.

Please hire more coaches and generalists. We need to waste a lot more money so we can slow down the process even more.

Dec 9, 2014Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your review. We are excited to announce a matching 401K program effective January 1, 2015! Envisage will match 100% of contributions up to 4% with immediate vesting. We are so happy ... More

BA

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Envisage Information Systems full-time

Pros

Very intelligent group of people with lots of ambition.
    Flexible time - which makes it very nice for work/home life balance
    Very fast past so you're never bored

Cons

Lack of organization leaves you with the feeling of not knowing what your career growth is or could be.
    Benefits need to be better. Working for a company that promotes retirement I would expect us to have a better retirement plan. Working everyday seeing the benefits that other employers offer makes it hard to be content with not being offered a match or employer benefit.

Don't call management leaders. Having a title doesn't make you a leader.

7. Good company to work for BUT could be better

Pros

- Great co-workers and very intelligible also
    - Ability to work from home is a bonus
    - Company is growing and seeing all the process changes is amazing, and the companies drive to be better
    - Being allowed to make up for time taken off is a plus
    - Work life balance has significantly improved over the past year and this is due to the hard work done by everyone in the past to get Envisage where it is now.
    - Good career growth and development as you get to work and experience the retirement industry hands-on based on just the company structure and culture

Cons

- compensation could/should be better
    - having to use hard earned vacation time for the MAJOR holidays is a drawback, even clients take these days off
    - Health benefits really on the expensive side especially for employers with family
    - No well-defined/followed structure to determine career growth within company, but highly hopeful of this changing in the future

- People love and would like to keep working at envisage but to keep your raving fans, it is not about Envisage culture but as we see company growing, compensation should be better. Not saying the very top companies should be matched but it should be competitive enough that when an employer has thoughts of leaving, their salary/benefit is not a major factor. This would keep some of the really talented individuals that aided the company in position that it is at now, from leaving
    - Please please reconsider company policy of me having to use "at least" July 4th, Dec 25, January 1st out of my vacation time.

Jun 18, 2014Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your review! Our benefit package including Medical plans, PTO, and Holidays, are currently being reviewed in the hopes that we can make some improvements in the future. Stay tuned!

Challenging and interesting work, Never boring, great co-workers

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Tester in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Tester in Ithaca, NY

Pros

Fast growing company, great job security
    Dedicated work force
    Great teamwork and innovative environment

Cons

Poor company communication
    Below average pay and benefits

A place to learn this business, develop skills, but stressful and disappointing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I worked at Envisage Information Systems (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, fair amount of collaboration with coworkers, if coworkers are not under a deadline.
    Movement away from layers of "is it done yet" to education and coaching are happening, slowly. The company is growing and a lot of work is being done to keep that trajectory going.

Cons

The benefits and pay structure of the corporate owner are not extended to the employees so as to create income for new projects. The fear of past lean times drives all leadership team actions. You hear about it repeatedly. Career growth and direction vary from individual to individual. To much dependance on what coworkers will provide when they have the time and energy in the area of training. Benefits have improved with the addition of holidays, but health insurances are very expensive, sick time very low.
    There is high turnover.

All of upstate NY is a small town, every business that is successful in upstate NY is a player with the bigger businesses around the country. Get over that. Its not new.

10. Great culture! It is like family!

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Envisage Information Systems full-time

Pros

Your opinion is valued
    You are an adult in the company
    Flexible working hours
    You can work from home
    Team work
    Nice environment, great colleagues
    Your talent is valued and recognized
    Fun activities
    Management supports the teams

Cons

PTO policy (only 18 days including holidays and sickness days)

Continue trying to keep the "Envisage Culture" alive

May 23, 2014Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for the wonderful review. Our Leadership Team is dedicated and committed to keep the Envisage Culture alive as we continue to grow!

Work hard...

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Ithaca, NY

Pros

Great technology and a stable business.

Cons

Little to no work life balance.

Envisage Information Systems Photos