Envision EMI

CEO

Pretty Good

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at Envision EMI as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

over all i had a great experience, the pay was good for my position, i was able to go to different cities to experience their programs

Cons

they were going through a major lay off at the time, so it was a stressful situation

Incredibly rewarding experience

Former Employee - Faculty Advisor
    Former Employee - Faculty Advisor

I worked at Envision EMI part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great staff from all over the country, ability to travel with free acomodation and most meals provided. Interacting with scholars is really rewarding and can make up for some of the difficult parts of the job.

Cons

Long hours - literally working 7am-midnight everyday during conferences. Some discrepencies between stated conditions during the interview process, offer letter, and contract, although pay was still reasonable.

Have a better training program that doesn't seem like a waste of time.

No mobility at a circus run by clowns

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Vienna, VA

I worked at Envision EMI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is no work-life balance. You work hard and are not valued in the least. There is no opportunity for personal growth offered.

Cons

Everything. Executive team is so full of crap and only look out for themselves. They are surely receiving bonuses based on cutting the bottom line. They think people can't see thru the smoke and mirrors.

Keep looking out for yourselves.

never again

Former Employee - Faculty Advisor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Faculty Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Envision EMI as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Free housing and meals, can make a good amount of money for the summer for a college student. Teaching was the best part - became very close to students and fellow teachers as well.

Cons

Training is the most useless thing I've ever gone to. Long hours (13-16 hours a day), low pay, but the worst is the mismanagement and disorganization of upper level management. A lot of unncessary, burdensome rules. Turnover is very high.

Take the advice of your employees, and don't treat your employees like children. Happy employees mean happy clients, I promise. 15 hours a day is absolutely ridiculous, teachers should not be babysitters either.

Hectic, chaotic, fun

Former Employee - Faculty Advisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Envision EMI as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of experience in a short amount of time, free accommodations and most meals, very motivated scholars, challenging but definitely a supportive team environment

Cons

Your job IS your life, you're working from 7am to 12am. No upward mobility, management resistant to change, upper levels inexperienced

Longer training for upper level management

If your looking to work hard for every penny, this is the place to be!

I worked at Envision EMI

Pros

Great pay, great people and they accommodate you well! (Housing taken care of and so is food for the most part)

Cons

A lot expected of you, extremely long days and can be stressful at times.

Train staff better

tough

Former Employee - Senior Director in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Envision EMI full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nothing-it was a world of make believe

Cons

turnover was way too high

nothing

Excellent Temporary Positions

Former Employee - Faculty Advisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Envision EMI part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to travel across country, get to work with kids, and satisfying job experience

Cons

Hours can be long on certain days

Try hiring more college students on Summer Breaks

Long hours but worth it for temporary employment

I worked at Envision EMI as a contractor

Pros

Really rewarding getting to see your scholars grow during the week. Lots of cool things to see with the kids. Definitely a team environment, really easy to ask for assistance.

Cons

On site management isn't always qualified which can make sessions difficult and disorganized. Really longs hours, constantly on the go with the programs. Nature of the work is temporary, so it's hard to stay with the company and advance.

Look more at who is honestly qualified for management positions, not just who has worked a program before. More in depth curriculum training would be good prior to start of a program.

Fun and frustrating.

I have been working at Envision EMI full-time

Pros

My coworkers were wonderful, the students were great, and food and housing was taken care of. Additionally, since management was so incompetent, you quickly formed a sense of camaraderie with your co-workers as well as the students who could tell the programs is a mess (it also lets you get away with a lot). Overall, I honestly did have a lot of fun working here.

Cons

Management was terrible. Nearly every single individual I spoke with that was supposed to be there to "support" us was condescending, rude, incompetent, or all three. When we had an issue and brought it up to management we generally got a "well that's not our problem", "find a creative solution", or "you're wrong". They knew literally nothing about what we were supposed to be teaching and when we tried to change anything (all of us had years of experience with the particular topic we were supposed to be teaching the students) we were ignored or shut down.

Training is obnoxious and useless. You have five days of training and of this only one is devoted to actually showing you how to teach your students.

The dress code is ridiculous; forcing students to wear professional clothing especially when wandering all over a giant campus in the middle of the summer is pointless and only results in many blisters and irritated students.

We were given no mode of communication which proved to be problematic when one of your students went missing/got lost/had an injury. During training we were told we were going to get walkie-talkies but that never happened. This was the worst in the first session where we had no set location for classrooms and spent the day wandering around campus looking for a place to set up a classroom. The students had no way of knowing where we were if they showed up late. I ended up using my personal cell phone to talk to students, something I was not comfortable with.

We constantly got into arguments with management about pay.

There were a few in management that were genuinely working and concerned with the well-being of the students but any time they attempted to do anything, they were quickly stopped by the stupidity in the upper management.

The hours are long, which is not bad only for the workers but also the students who quickly get irritated and cranky due to lack of sleep.

Please hire competent individuals who are not extremely rude to your workers and have half a brain.

Envision EMI Photos