Envision EMI

Envision EMI Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Students are wonderful, management is good, days are long

Faculty Advisor (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Pros--It is great working with the students since they are highly motivated, very intelligent, etc.

Cons-very long days during the conferences

Could Be A Great Place To Work, But Isn't

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting, unique work environment. A lot of the programs allow you to travel. The kids that participate in these programs are very bright.

ConsUpper management is not connected to its employees. HR follows a lot of sketchy practices (not reviewing your contract with you, purposefully avoiding phone calls or emails, presenting your pay and room/board situation in a light that you later learn isn't true). If you try to give feedback to anyone or ask why things are done a certain way, it is met with hostility. If you can deal with working in such an environment, the pay is OK and this could be an interesting summer job.

My time at Envision has been one of the most frustrating, disorganized experiences I have had the misfortune of joining.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only reason I did not quit was due to my coworkers and the children who wasted $3,000 to come to the program.

ConsUpper management are individuals who do not care about your rights as an employee and will do everything in their power to ensure workers receive as little pay as possible, the program does not deliver what it promises to children (or employees), there is no communication between upper and lower management. and there is a complete lack of logistics essential for operation. If you have any respect for yourself do not work at Envision and DO NOT send your children here.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust go bankrupt already and stop exploiting parents who want to help their children succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Faculty Advisor (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsReally satisfying work, really fun environment, a lot of travel, ok compensation

ConsFast paced environment, you must be organized, there was a recent acquisition that complicated some of the operations

Advice to Senior ManagementOperations could be more structured

Temp

ProsFlexible schedule, forward moving company, free snacks, a sense of camaraderie among temps, little micro management

ConsPermanent employees can some times make temps feel isolated with their inside jokes. You realize very quickly that there are very few people in the company who actually care about scholars, but only care about the bottom dollar. Training varies depending on who your boss is. Pay is on the lower side.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better training, make temps feel more welcome

Interesting place to work and it will be great once the organization finds its true mission and direction.

Education Department (Current Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsThe company is working to distinguish itself as an industry leader in the experiential learning and college/career readiness sector. Programs are available for every age level and staff who work on the programs have a deep commitment to changing the lives of young people.

ConsThe company recently went through an acquisition, a merger and is struggling with finding the best practices and developing operating procedures that will propel them into the next stage of success. There are still several people who are disgruntled over the merger and staff changes as well as those who worked for the organization for several years who aren't ready to grow in the new directions the company is heading. There is a still some lingering resentment over moving from a non-profit provider to a highly specialized company that provides educational opportunites for profit. As a result of the recent merger staff from both merged companies are struggling with the "us vs. them" mentality and how to develop supportive work relationships with new colleagues. Some departments still operate in the silo mentality and struggle to be more collaborative across departments.

Good temporary place to work but not long-term

Program Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsYou meet lots of people from all over the country. The work is rewarding and the scholars are great. You get to do some cool things on the site visits.

ConsYou work crazy hours. The management is not open to change and there are a lot of managers who are not qualified. You won't get feedback or be encouraged to grow, so it makes it a hard place to work if you want to invest in the company and the work you are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to change and innovation. Encourage a work environment that is more professional and focused. Hire people who are actually passionate about the mission of the company and show they are qualified based on their work ethic and experience and not people who just look good on paper.

Great people, great benefits, but work gets stale

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Vienna, VA

Prosemployees are treated very well, great management, great benefits (5 weeks vacation!), very good company culture with people who are passionate about the work

ConsThere is not a lot of room for advancement. Unless you are one of the super stars, there isn't much potential to grow within the company. Also, it a bad location.

Horrible Company to Work For

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsIt's a job. You are paid on time and you get time off. When you get to work and are not stuck in meetings all day, it is actually worthwhile.

ConsToo many meetings. Too many people who think they know it all. Leadership top-heavy and money-hungry. People don't care about what they do. All they care about is whether or not they can make more money off of students.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more vested in your people and what you actually market.

Great programs, but poor leadership/management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsYoung and fun co-workers, good vacation time.

ConsUsed to be a great company to work for, but after several rounds of layoffs and a series of top leadership changes, the staff was left disillusioned.

Worked for Envision EMI? Contribute to the Community!