Envision Healthcare

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bill Sanger

The ever evolving healthcare company...

I have been working at Envision Healthcare

ProsSeveral offices throughout the country & several lines of business.

ConsImprovements needed in leadership. The company is adding lines of business; however, seems to be losing focus on their core competencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore emphasis & focus is needed in growing & developing employees

Good Company With Disappointing Management

I worked at Envision Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are amazing people that work for Envision and they take their work seriously.

ConsManagement doesn't support women or diversity

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace diversity and give credit to your employees.

AMR is fantastic; Executives are pathetic!

Denver, CO

I worked at Envision Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorked with both the ambulance side and HQ side of the company. Really enjoyable working with AMR. Great people!

ConsHated having to go to the HQ. Those people were what finally made me quit and move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementHeard through channels a large number of higher ups were let go or quit recently, but a lot of the mismanagement team are still there.
Advice: Show employees that produce they are valued, and get rid of useless deadwood.

Old boys club, cronyism, and the ivory tower

I worked at Envision Healthcare full-time

ProsThere are some people at Envision that care about their jobs. Those people generally work hours that are not conducive to work/life balance, but they seem to do it "willingly".

ConsNo work/life balance. In the many year I worked here, I spent the bulk of them being available around the clock, and getting kicked in the teeth. It only got worse as the company went publc, was sold, went public, was sold and went private again, and now has gone public once again--all in 8 years. Executive leaders are men with no leadership or executive skills. The senior-most leaders hire their friends for top executive roles which leave anyone below them without options. A highly political environment with little progress to show for efforts. All this company cares about is high profits so that management and executives can get their 50% and 100% salary annual bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. Almost all, if not all of the executives in Denver are ill-qualified for their positions. Unprofessionalism is par for the course; inappropriate/ unethical/ illegal demands, unrealistic expectations, and setting up staff for failure, and then throwing them under the bus when they fail are all part of their playbook.

They won't invest in employees

Systems Administrator Intermediate (Former Employee)

I worked at Envision Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAlways working with the newest technology
Great coworkers, the majority of who are very talented
New projects are always coming up
You wont be borred

ConsUnderstaffed everywhere in IT
Long hours and always on call
Outsourcing and public cloud seems to be where they are heading
Like most companies, the yes men are upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementStop under staffing all the teams and pay people market. Investing in technology is great, but you need to invest in your own people first and foremost. You can onyl fix the work life balance by properly staffing.

Tough times with healthcare reform

I worked at Envision Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLot of smart, dedicated people, great colleagues

Consno work/life balance. Almost impossible to take time off without working through PTO. Lot of structural and management changes ongoing.

Run away, don't even apply

Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Envision Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsGood coworkers and nice location.

ConsIt's a sweat shop. 60 hour work weeks are the norm, not the exception. Expect to be on call 24x7x365.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake appreciation in your employees. Stop micromanaging. Hire the appropriate amount of people so individuals can actually take time off.

EMSC is a corporate sweat shop

Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Envision Healthcare

ProsThe other locations besides the corporate headquarters have great workers that work together well, but the corporate location takes advantage of their employees.

ConsThere is poor leadership, poor conditions, no opportunities to do a good job, just work as quickly as possible, no chance to do things right and take pride in your work.
There is a drastic disparity between upper management and clerical, it's almost like a castle compared to a hut.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people, not serfs. Staff departments so that they can complete their job duties in a normal time period.

Do not apply for any Management position unless you are looking to be fired!

Ops Supervisor (Former Employee)
New Haven, CT

I worked at Envision Healthcare

ProsAMR is a place where someone new can start out and once experience is gained they can move on to a Company with values, compassion and dignity.

ConsAMR is a Company at least in the Connecticut market where all management positions are pre-determined. Management is pushed out or set up for termination when upper management has someone they are friendly with who is looking for a management position. Currently in New Haven, the entire Communications Management team has been wiped out so a person who is currently working for AMR in another Country can have a position when he returns. The entire Connecticut market has been put at risk, Communications is understaffed by dispatchers and supervisors. It took 3 to run the place no there is none, public beware. Response times, compliance to protocol, 911 calls, all are in constant turmoil.

Advice to Senior ManagementFeedback is not something that Senior Management will care to read or understand.

Very positive experience

I have been working at Envision Healthcare

ProsCaregiver inspired environment, well run organization with generally good management. Great opportunity for skill development and advacement. Good employees and leaders.

ConsWorkload can be intense. Sometmes very high pressure due to the nature of work. Sometimes a challenge to balance work/non work time. Benefits are probably average.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall good leadership but need to be more effective dealing with managers that have performance issues that can often be destructive to team.

Worked for Envision Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Envision Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Envision Healthcare CEO Bill Sanger. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Envision Healthcare employees.