Envision Healthcare

Add Photos

Bill Sanger

Its been great ....

ProsFlexibility with work hours
    Genuine expectation to have work done in timely manner
    Friendly environment

ConsLimited opportunity for personal growth as Employee

Advice to Senior ManagementConsidering financials and better use of resources

it large if nothing else

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible schedule although not great

Conslow pay, management without a clear vision or direction for the company

Advice to Senior Managementlose some upper management

This is one of the best jobs I've had. They do things by the book.

Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWorking for envision is like working with friends and family, management is always considerate of the employees need and always present themselves professionally. Training is always available when/if needed. PTO accrual is competitive. HR is friendly and always available to answer questions. Pay is directly deposited and without errors.

ConsThe workload is heavy in almost all the positions at this company it seems as though sveral positions have a herd time keeping up with the workload

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The ever evolving healthcare company...

ProsSeveral offices throughout the country & several lines of business.

ConsImprovements needed in leadership. The company is adding lines of business; however, seems to be losing focus on their core competencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore emphasis & focus is needed in growing & developing employees

Good Company With Disappointing Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Greenwood Village, CO

ProsThere are amazing people that work for Envision and they take their work seriously.

ConsManagement doesn't support women or diversity

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace diversity and give credit to your employees.

Old boys club, cronyism, and the ivory tower

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Greenwood Village, CO

ProsThere are some people at Envision that care about their jobs. Those people generally work hours that are not conducive to work/life balance, but they seem to do it "willingly".

ConsNo work/life balance. In the many year I worked here, I spent the bulk of them being available around the clock, and getting kicked in the teeth. It only got worse as the company went publc, was sold, went public, was sold and went private again, and now has gone public once again--all in 8 years. Executive leaders are men with no leadership or executive skills. The senior-most leaders hire their friends for top executive roles which leave anyone below them without options. A highly political environment with little progress to show for efforts. All this company cares about is high profits so that management and executives can get their 50% and 100% salary annual bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. Almost all, if not all of the executives in Denver are ill-qualified for their positions. Unprofessionalism is par for the course; inappropriate/ unethical/ illegal demands, unrealistic expectations, and setting up staff for failure, and then throwing them under the bus when they fail are all part of their playbook.

AMR is fantastic; Executives are pathetic!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWorked with both the ambulance side and HQ side of the company. Really enjoyable working with AMR. Great people!

ConsHated having to go to the HQ. Those people were what finally made me quit and move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementHeard through channels a large number of higher ups were let go or quit recently, but a lot of the mismanagement team are still there.
    Advice: Show employees that produce they are valued, and get rid of useless deadwood.

They won't invest in employees

Systems Administrator Intermediate (Former Employee) Greenwood Village, CO

ProsAlways working with the newest technology
    Great coworkers, the majority of who are very talented
    New projects are always coming up
    You wont be borred

ConsUnderstaffed everywhere in IT
    Long hours and always on call
    Outsourcing and public cloud seems to be where they are heading
    Like most companies, the yes men are upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementStop under staffing all the teams and pay people market. Investing in technology is great, but you need to invest in your own people first and foremost. You can onyl fix the work life balance by properly staffing.

Tough times with healthcare reform

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLot of smart, dedicated people, great colleagues

Consno work/life balance. Almost impossible to take time off without working through PTO. Lot of structural and management changes ongoing.

Run away, don't even apply

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

ProsGood coworkers and nice location.

ConsIt's a sweat shop. 60 hour work weeks are the norm, not the exception. Expect to be on call 24x7x365.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake appreciation in your employees. Stop micromanaging. Hire the appropriate amount of people so individuals can actually take time off.

Worked for Envision Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!