EnvisionTEC Reviews

EnvisionTEC President and CEO Ali Siblani
Ali Siblani

Bright Future

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time

Pros

The products we make are the best in class. The people that work here are dedicated and hard-working. The growth potential is unlimited. The management team is innovative and talented. They are the right people to lead the company forward.

Cons

The pace of growth requires diligence to keep up, but the management team has been doing it well.

Advice to Management

Keep looking forward! It's always important to keep up the momentum.

2. No regard for employees safety

Former Employee - Technician
    Former Employee - Technician

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time

Pros

Cutting-edge technology research and development.

Cons

No regard for employees safety. Sweatshop working conditions. Management very rude and disrespectful to it's current and newly hired employees. Production is haphazard with no safety procedures to speak of.

Advice to Management

Complete revamping required.

Great upside!

Pros

Ownership and upper management are extremely passionate and dedicated; always looking to improve the product line and to improve the customer experience.

Cons

Because of the rapid rate of growth, you won't be happy if you do not like change and/or if you don't do well in an unstructured environment.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your products and in your people.

Fake Reviews Cite "Change" Not "CEO" As Challenge

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nobody cares, no one takes ownership of problem issues in a constructive manner. So long as your aptitude is low, your job is secure. They don't care if you're late or if your coworkers smell like weed, or if the work is perfect so long as it gets crated and shipped.

Cons

They won't pay overtime; you will work Saturdays but your number of hours will be readjusted down to fit 50 hours at regular rate. It's not an honest company, they never paid for software while I was there, then try to weasel through customer service calls for hardware compatibility issues on their sole dev kit licenses There are no "career paths" here - the only path is out of the shop - and it will be a burned bridge for you as you discover years later they poison your recruiters with lies. They will also lie to Employment Development Department to evade paying their portion of unemployment insurance benefits all the way up to the Judicial Administrator point twice - because when they lose the first time, they will try to appeal with for a more favorable decision in the second hearing. They promised health insurance the entire time I was there, almost a year. Never happened. They promised overtime, but pay straight hours by rounding down to fit a Saturday's hours same as a weekday rate. Which is illegal, but they get away with it because the coworkers don't complain. Only unseasoned candidates who respond to low pay offers are hired, so you will be asked to respond to coworker's errors should you demonstrate any skills or aptitude achievements.

Advice to Management

This company started out in business selling SLA additives to Ford Motor Company, so my suggestion would be: quit focusing on what doesn't work (making razors) and look at what does (making the blades). All else in Envisiontec history has been patent-trolling and Field of Dreams folly.

Overall positive experience

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time

Pros

The company has a lot of great people that come to work everyday, work hard and take responsibility for areas outside of their job description. This allows me to expand my knowledge in areas that are not "traditional" in my career, which I appreciate. Everyday is a fast day -- busy all day. To be successful here, you must be a multi-tasker. If you want a steady day for 8 hours, this probably isn't the place for you to be honest. We have a very good benefits package and a match on our 401k.

Cons

We are growing very fast and we need more employees and work space. Change can be uncomfortable for those that do not like change.

Advice to Management

Recently, we started having town hall meetings. Would like to see those happen at least quarterly to review our progress and discuss the future. Open communication will be very beneficial in keeping employees interested and engaged.

Horrible Place To Work. Do Not Work Here If You Value Your Health and your Happiness.

Pros

Coworkers and Technology. The people that work for EnvisionTEC are great. They are friendly, they work hard, and they do their best. The management and CEO are deceitful people.

Cons

Abusive Management. CEO stalks around the office in a rage, spewing hateful comments at everyone that passes by. He is the most hate filled person I have ever met. I have never worked for a place with this much turnover. In my short time there, I saw at least 15 employees come and go, all pointing to the CEO and management as their reasons for leaving. If you work here, you will be intimidated, threatened, overworked, underpaid, and you will regret it. I worked hard for this company, for little pay and state-minimum benefits. If you are an educated, experienced worker, this company is scraping the bottom of the barrel. I cannot stress this enough: Do not work for this company. There are plenty of companies in the world that treat their employees right. This is not one of them.

Advice to Management

Get out as fast as you can. You are being manipulated and intimidated into becoming less of a person by someone that doesn't deserve your respect.

May 15, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Life Insurance begin after 90 days of employment. Our 401k plan begins on the 1st of the month following 90 days of employment. We offer several medical plans to ... More

High demand & high pressure environment, but worth it.

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After a brief adjustment period to a very demanding workplace, I like the vast majority of my coworkers and I like my job. I feel I am fairly compensated for my time. When I'm out the door at the end of the day I am done; my work does not follow me home. Senior management is very competent. CEO is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met; he is a brilliant engineer and understands the technology as well as anyone here. 401K with limited matching. Infrastructure is improving. When you see what this technology can create, it is really amazing to be a part of this industry.

Cons

The CEO is very involved with day to day operations and he can be a lot to handle. He yells when he is dissatisfied. Be ready to justify the logic of any action you have taken. Benefits begin after 9 months. Infrastructure was not in place to accommodate massive growth spurt company experienced.

Advice to Management

Current staff is taxed to (and sometimes beyond) capacity; keep adding personnel and train them so they can be effective in their positions. Focus on retaining staff; revolving doors help no one and weaken institutional knowledge. Benefits have got to improve; 9 months is a ridiculous amount of time to wait. 90 days is standard.

May 15, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Overall, very positive experience.

Current Employee - Technician in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Technician in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the flexibility and creativity involved in creating 3D printed samples for potential customers. With this experience, I'm ready to tackle a challenge in a variety of fields and have the creativity to come up with a number of solutions. I could be working with jewelers to create new designs. I could work with manufacturers, designing ways to create prototypes in economical ways. The work is in a variety of environments and it can vary based on your interests. There is room to grow as the company grows.

Cons

The pursuit of a career in 3D Printing is not for everybody. I've had to immerse myself in learning the technology, materials, specifications and viable industries to reach my career goals.

Advice to Management

Additional opportunities for employees to collaborate between various departments and locations.

Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - N/A in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - N/A in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Group Of People, Interesting Work, Freedom To Learn and Advance, Fair and Reasonable Management, Camaraderie Among Coworkers, Growing Company, Health Benefits, 401k Options, Overall Fun and Challenging Place To Work.

Cons

Not For Slow Learners, You Must Adapt and Adjust To The Culture Quickly. Those With Poor Attitudes Expecting a "Laid Back" Type Of Work Environment Need Not Apply. Strict But Fair Policies. Some Aspects Of The Job Are Better For Resilient and Creative Individuals Who Will Finish A Job By Any Means.

Advice to Management

New Hires Should Be Highly Motivated And Educated Self Starters.

Poison in the company

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 3D printing industry has endless potential

Cons

Products are only prototypes released as finished and tested. Very poor safety program. Low company morale. Bullying CEO. Corporate favoritism. No benefits offered.

Advice to Management

Eradicate the unprofessionalism at the top.

RSS Feed </> Embed