Envisionit Reviews

Todd Brook

1. Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envisionit (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture, some of the best, most passionate coworkers and leadership in the industry. Really solid developers on staff as well.

Cons

I was there at a period it was growing exponentially and I never saw the downsides although after I left I heard that paranoia and distrust has started to creep into the leader's minds and do some pretty unexpected things.

Advice to Management

Keep sight of the vision and remember to keep employee happiness and string culture a priority.

2. Not organized, but you learn a lot.

Former Employee - Designer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Designer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envisionit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn the foundations of digital marketing and be able to take those with you to other companies and use throughout your career.

Cons

Lack of senior leadership and firm direction makes it hard to advance and understand how the company is trying to grow.

Advice to Management

Be more open with the entire company about direction and growth plans.

Sad to go!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envisionit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A transformed environment. In my time with the agency, which was approximately 3 years, I saw a company go from good to great. The culture is warm, hard working, genuine, and feels like a family. I was surrounded by some of the smartest people I have met. I am proud to have worked at this company and could have stayed for life if personal circumstances didn't force me to leave.

Cons

Most of the cons I would bring up had to do with account leadership feeling as if they could have occasionally pushed back with clients a little more. This could create chaos if not well managed. This seemed to be shifting as I was leaving, but it was the greatest con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open conversations with the team and don't lose the family feel as you grow.

I am happy with my decision!

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ambitious management team. Fair and appreciative leadership. Quickly growing in client size. Fun work environment. Some of the smartest people I have ever met. Does a great job of promoting from within.

Cons

The agency seems to always be busy and while I appreciate that it makes the day fly by, I would love to see a bit more down time to improve my education. It is not to say that the agency does not support education, which they do, but more to improve my abilities outside of my own time.

Entrepreneurial Agency

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The executive management team has brought in a number of Director and Sr. Management roles in the last 2 years which has brought in a ton of knowledge and experience. - There is a lot of growth in the kinds of clients we have and in the work I do. Its not the same thing every day over and over. - We are working more as a traditional agency and offering services such as Insights & Planning, Content Strategy/UX and Digital Marketing (Search, Paid, SEO, Analytics, etc.) - It has a good vibe and is filled with very talented and entrepreneurial minded people. It keeps everyone grounded and they allow you to be yourself. - Its growing very rapidly and its exciting to be part of this team and the success

Cons

- There was a lot of new process and procedures put in place last year. Some trial and errors made on trying out new process, people, and ideas but seems like that is under control more this year so far. - Since its growing so fast, sometimes work comes in faster than they can get people internally or externally aligned to work on it. - The company is split by two floors and feels like its 2 different companies sometimes.

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you are doing because its working - As the company grows look at ways to keep people motivated and wanting to stay. - Update your website its outdated

7. Top Floor

I have been working at Envisionit full-time

Pros

- Agency is small so it is easy to get to know everyone. - We get small perks here and there like pizza, free goodies, chilli. - Our clients are small so compared to big clients they are more enjoyable to work with.

Cons

-Management makes decisions during cigarrette breaks which looks very unprofessional. -Because it is a small agency, room for growth is hard. A lot of times it feels like this is it. -People are hired and fired within a month or two. A good employer gives individuals at least 90 days. Either they are bad at hiring or they are bad at training. Either way it looks bad and demoralizing.

Enjoy your agency

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management works incredibly hard to live up to the mission of "enjoy your agency". The team is highly motivated and generally provided a great deal of freedom. Open door policy was refreshing when I joined the team.

Cons

Evolving processes can cause stress at times. In heavy recruiting mode, so the need to onboard a number of employees.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I love to see how quickly we are growing and am proud of what we deliver!

Great company to work for!

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is made up of great people. Leadership is respectful and supportive, the people here are incredibly smart and it provides me with an environment to constantly learn & grow.

Cons

The company has seen major growth over the past couple of years, lending is self to reorganization and implementation of new systems. This comes with the need to be agile.

Heavy potential, heavy let down

I have been working at Envisionit full-time

Pros

Many employees here are some of the most hard working and talented people I know. Environment is relaxed and casual, desire to foster strong company culture.

Cons

Upper management displays favoritism and preferential treatment towards certain employees and departments. Input and suggestions from employees asked for but ignored (for company matters and client projects).

Advice to Management

Promising certain benefits with out delivering doesn't help anybody.

A great company to work for - must be ready for quick growth.

Current Employee - Search Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Search Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Envisionit is made up of highly motivated, intelligent people. High energy and always looking to improve their trade. The agency's employees work together to delivery terrific work while moving quickly.

Cons

Envisionit is in a period of change. Many things, at once are evolving for the next phase of the agency. Through these changes comes stress. Additionally, the agency has historically been made up of younger employees that have been with EIM for their entire professional life. This can create a sense of entitlement which has lead to handful of departures for the first time since I have come aboard. This is not a bad thing, but certainly impacts morale for individuals that are newer. All in all the team is pumped about where we are heading!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward. We love what we are seeing, and know we will get there.

RSS Feed </> Embed