Epic Health Services

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John C. Garbarino

They know how to treat their employees!

I have been working at Epic Health Services

ProsFlexible schedule, bonuses, light work load, good pay

ConsThere are no cons with this company

I am a competent, well educated, motivated young professional but was consistently turned down opportunity for growth.

Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Epic Health Services full-time for more than a year

ProsMonthly bonuses as a result of how profitable your branch is, which can be either good or bad.

ConsManagement expects long working hours and we could never leave until everything was covered, which means you never know when you are going to leave work. Could be at 5pm which is when all your friends are getting out of work, or you could leave at 7pm, or later. Very rarely were you there from 8a-5pm. There are no extra benefits; no lunches, happy hours, take a long lunch, get out early on friday, or anything of that sort. Your personal success is in part with how reliable the external employees (nurses) are. The job mostly consists of dealing with complaints non-stop from either customers or external employees, there is rarely a happy moment especially when the company starts losing business causing upper management to start "cracking down" on its employees to work harder and stay longer. Upper management has even taken away our lunch breaks when things are not going well. I have seen some very strong employees get fired or leave because its not a very good place to work in general, including myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace employees on an improvement plan and give them advice. Consider improving the company culture for ALL employees. With the amount of companies who are making their offices great places to work with benefits and perks for its employees, Epic was seemingly doing the opposite. I think Epic has a long way to go before they are able to figure out what kind of business they want to be and how to get there the right way.

TERRIBLE

CSC (Former Employee)
Amarillo, TX

I worked at Epic Health Services full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay and corporate leadership.

ConsThe local staff, always gossiping and putting doen staff that are not in the office, ex, The Field Nurses. It makes you wonder what they say about you in the multiple closed door meetings they every day. Office culture towards other belief system than the leasdership in the office was terrible. It can cause people to be very unproductive working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a closer eye on what your local Clincal Director and Executive Director are saying, doing and how they are treating their co-workers. STOP the gossip in the office. It is very counter productive.

Nurse

Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Epic Health Services part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat staff in the office, they always have time to hear what you say. Had a family situation and wanted to keep it personal, the director has an open door policy and was really comfortable knowing I could go to her.

ConsNo full time for field nurses anymore

Epic screwed me bigtime

LVN (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time for less than a year

ProsA lot of steady patients

ConsI am paid $5 an hour less than other ohms with the same years experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide pay related two years experience. They offered me 19 dollars an hour and I didn't know how much they were paying other people with the same experiences me. The two other people I work with make $23 an hour and one is about to make $26 per hour.

Home health

homecare (Former Employee)

I worked at Epic Health Services full-time for less than a year

ProsWanted to work in healthcare, management will pick you up to go to work, and you don't have to go to work and still won't get fired.

ConsNo overtime, no training, management always on the phones with friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get your employees the proper training.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Wheels are falling off at this company .... No one knows what they are doing....

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou receive a check every 2 weeks, young atmosphere,

ConsPoor training, poor corporate/ regional/ executive/ leadership, no clear direction, 60- 90 hours a week and have little to show for it. No thank you's to employees who work tirelessly.

Advice to Senior Managementreplace your corporate leadership... Find real leaders....

Almost a career......almost.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Epic Health Services full-time for less than a year

ProsKnowing you're helping the children get the services they need.

ConsManagement seems to be more favorable among personal than professional relationships, especially in the intake dept.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember professional relationships over personal relationships.

computer science

I have been working at Epic Health Services

Prosa large number of interview chances provided. I heard that salary is relatively better than other peer companies.

ConsIrregular interview questions compared with other companies. It seems that they don't care basic computer science knowledge, such as data structure and algorithm

A bunch of uncaring money hungry morons !

Nurse (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Epic Health Services part-time for more than a year

ProsI liked my patients and most of the families.

ConsThey don't actually care about anything but getting a warm body into people's homes to work with their children. They pretend to care but only care about the bottom line and NOT the safety of these children

Advice to Senior ManagementStop letting people who don't have any concern for safety and who only care about a paycheck work for you and let nurses do as they please just because they can find warm bodies to work for them who are NOT even nurses and stop tolerating the "manufacturing" of nursing notes. I hope the OIG finds out what the Austin office is doing !

Worked for Epic Health Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Health Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Epic Health Services CEO John C. Garbarino. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Epic Health Services employees.