Epicor Software

Epicor Software Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Epicor Software President and CEO Joseph L. Cowan

Joseph L. Cowan

Pros
  • I am really enjoy the working environment in the company(in 18 reviews)

• Fun people, semi-relaxed environment, work-life balance, team building(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited flexibility and the company's work-life balance philosophy is regressing(in 4 reviews)

• Customer Service suffers due to lack of talented technical staff and policies that emphazie billable time above everything else(in 6 reviews)

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe office culture is wonderful, they take the time to give you little treats. They are partnered with Virgin Pulse and encourage you to get up and be active throughout the day. Ok benefits, PTO is earned from the start and managers are willing to work with you for time off.

ConsYou have to make the initiative to move up, it isn't just offered.

I love this place....!

Support Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAfter having worked for other Companies, both large and small, I can tell you that Epicor is a great place to work.The Company is focused, friendly, and unbureaucratic. Simply, the company lets you do your job without all the onerous reviews and approval processes associated with most companies. The Epicor products have alot of capabilities that the market values. So....good products, growing market, great work environment...what's not to like?

ConsLike any growing Company, Epicor is challenged to maintain all those values that make it a great place to work. For the most part, I think they have done a good job; new leaders, new facilities, increased communications......all of these help to minimize growth disruption and confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused. Stay real and approachable. Continue to empower.

Business Development

Business Development Representative (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat culture to come out of college into

ConsNo structure, no guidance, no employee development.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun team based office, and overall good employer.

Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI really enjoyed the culture of our office in Austin among coworkers. The dynamic is great and you build great team experience. The upper management sincerely cares, takes time to get to know underlings and tries to ensure employee happiness. Also, benefits are nothing short of amazing.

ConsThere are not many chances to be heard, improve processes or move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven though there are a lot of hurdles in doing so, listening to employee feedback and really taking it into account will go a long way. Also,
    Withholding information and dangling it like a carrot to build suspense is a terrible business practice. It just creates a more divided line of management and levels and makes employees feel small.

Not a bad stepping stone, but not much more.

Business Development Representative (Former Employee) Saint Louis Park, MN

Pros-Friendly and helpful Management
    -Flexible Hours
    -On-going training
    -Casual dress code
    -Good entry level sales experience

Cons-Very low pay
    -No Benefits, even if full time
    -Vague initial training
    -Some expectations outside of job description that should warrant more pay.
    -Promotion to next step very difficult, even if exceeding expectations and receiving recommendations for the position.
    -Lack of communication for if you are not meeting expectations.

Good company but could be better is they paid better.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsPeople, people and people. They are remodeling the Austin office so nice to see they are updating the office.

ConsSkimpy on base salary. Annual raises are few and far between, with no reason given when they do not provide one. Very frustrating when cost of living increases every year but salary unable to keep pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what they are worth.

Challenging yet satisfying work environment. Lots of room for career growth and earning potential

Sales (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsInnovative company with excellent products. Excellent career potential for those who have what it takes. Highly tenured management team who are very good at what they do. New executive management team has good vision.

ConsAcquisitions can be executed better and aligned with corporate goals. Exec's have great articulated strategy, would like to see quicker execution.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to push innovation in the market place. Executive faster and stay competitive. Don't lose focus on the core competency of the organization.

California-based organization that promotes from within

ProsPromotions come from within the organization, international organization with many collaborative opportunities, very relaxed working environment, remote work is certainly possible

ConsVirtual contact with colleagues who you may very well never meet/see, inefficiency results from people in the company completing the same task twice (sometimes, 2+ times)

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease offer more attractive continuning education opportunities for your employees... this is why I'm leaving

It's all about the bottom line for Epicor.

ERP Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits and flexible work schedule allows for good work/life balance.

Cons1 - The company only cares about the bottom line. They have no qualms selling either the wrong software, or the wrong modules to a customer. A sale is a sale...period!
    2 - They TALK a lot about caring about the customer but consistently do not. It takes a customer getting so pissed that they have to call the President in order to get help with their issue. A customer should not have to resort to going to the President in order to get some help.
    3 - Each department is its own island. Teamwork is a nice idea, but Product Development and Tech Support do not work well with the Professional Services organization.
    4 - While generally, work/life balance is good, the emphasis is on your numbers. They SAY that PTO and training is figured into the calculation, but yet when you take your earned PTO or attend training (some mandated), it hurts your numbers and you get penalized for it.

Advice to Senior Management1 - Don't sell customers products, modules, and/or services they don't need just to make a quick buck. We need these customers to be good references so we should treat them right from the start.
    2 - Treat your employees as valued members of the organization. Give them fair compensation.

A totally dysfunctional company with poor executive leadership. It is no surprise Apax wants to sell the company.

Finance Manager (Former Employee) Dublin, CA

ProsOpportunities for learning - as people are expected to do more than one job
    Exciting atmosphere - as nobody seems to know what the strategic direction is or what they should be doing

ConsAnal, control freak managers - more concerned about CYA than improving processes
    In fighting between the old Epicor and Activant managers - makes for a very dysfunctional environment
    Some of the worst systems infrastructure I have ever seen - for an ERP company this is alarming.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry using your own software - why are the financial systems on several different ERP packages?
    That the main financial system is on Oracle and the planning system is owned by Oracle is beyond belief.
    Maybe Oracle runs on Epicor, who knows?

Worked for Epicor Software? Contribute to the Community!