Epicor Software Reviews

Updated October 14, 2014
3.5

Epicor Software President and CEO Joseph L. Cowan
Joseph L. Cowan

Pros
  • I am really enjoy the working environment in the company (in 20 reviews)

• Most organizations are very supportive of employee well fair and work life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited flexibility and the company's work-life balance philosophy is regressing (in 4 reviews)

• Customer Service suffers due to lack of talented technical staff and policies that emphazie billable time above everything else (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Very nice place to work

Current Employee - Tech Support Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Tech Support Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

when assisting to the first interviews I was given the details of the whole package. Now after a few months working here I can say that they complied with every single thing they offered. Very honest approach that makes you feel 100% committed.

Cons

Being a big Organization I was expecting to find more procedures to follow to achieve the daily goals and tasks. However, from another point of view, now, I have the challenge to help creating those procedures to make my Team everyday work more efficient.

Epicor as a great place to work

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I worked at Epicor Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Epicor Software Mexico has been by far the best place I've been working. It has a great ambiance, excellent coworkers and is above the average in matters of payment.

Cons

The only building is small versus the amount of employers, also, it needs a little more coordination with Epicor US but beside that everything is ok

Excellent Culture, Professional Atmosphere, Best in Class Solutions

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people and the products. A number of talented professionals work for Epicor. The majority are team players and go above and beyond for our customers

Cons

As in any company- Different Divisions have different agendas at times this can result in slower reaction times, but have witnessed great strides under the new senior leadership

Streamline processes, Level job titles and functions , define responsibilities and consistent compensation tied to each

Aug 11, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Epicor on Glassdoor, your feedback is appreciated

Fabulous.

I have been working at Epicor Software

Pros

Great management, great salary, nice people

Cons

Location, many different divisions, sylos

Better training for new and young employees

Aug 11, 2014

Epicor excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Epicor have high value products and great people, many benefits and freedoms, reward and recognize achievements

Cons

too many liberties, I like to have breaks from time to time but NOT most of time, unfortunately many of my co-workers waste a lot of time fixing her hair (ladies) facebook or youtube.

limit acces to websites like facebook and take into account that see ladies fixing their hair in the workplace speaks ill of all is not a beauty salon...

So far I really enjoy working for Epicor.

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Vernon, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Vernon, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Appears to be very Employee orientated.
    I is a very relaxed Environment, do your job and enjoy life.
    Everybody seems to really care about the customers.
    Company takes customer considerations and feedback seriously.
    The people I work with directly accepted me with open arms and never showed any animosity.

Cons

Unfortunately, at this time I have nothing to be disappointed about, this is probably one of the best experiences I have had when first starting a new career.

I've been really confortable working here. Really.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Epicor gave me the opportunity to work as an Engineer when I was an undergraduate student, and I appreciated it so much. Now as an Engineer i find Epicor a really nice place to work, I know it depends on the team you're part of, but generally speaking it rocks!.

On the student point of view i could say you will learn a lot as an intern. On the employee point of view i could say it couldn't be so much better, good salary and benefits, relaxed dress code and flexible work schedules.

Cons

Administration and marketing I find just fine. The only complain i could make is about the building itself. In Monterrey office I feel like we are over the maximum capacity, the bathrooms are seriously not enough, and the space in the dining hall is always a problem. One should wait always for a table at lunch time.

More PTO could be nice.

I love this place....!

Current Employee - Support Manager
    Current Employee - Support Manager

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

After having worked for other Companies, both large and small, I can tell you that Epicor is a great place to work.The Company is focused, friendly, and unbureaucratic. Simply, the company lets you do your job without all the onerous reviews and approval processes associated with most companies. The Epicor products have alot of capabilities that the market values. So....good products, growing market, great work environment...what's not to like?

Cons

Like any growing Company, Epicor is challenged to maintain all those values that make it a great place to work. For the most part, I think they have done a good job; new leaders, new facilities, increased communications......all of these help to minimize growth disruption and confusion.

Stay focused. Stay real and approachable. Continue to empower.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced, leaders in their verticals, new senior management understands the need for strong customer support in addition to great software solutions. Do not feel micro managed. They hire professionals and let them do their job. Great support from co-workers and management to help you ramp up to success.

Cons

Formal product and sales training was limited and had to pick up the platforms on own. Sales team and management communicate well though and are supportive of one another so you don't feel like you are on an island.

Continue to listen and work for your customers. Previous management struggled with this and it's nice to see new leadership who understands the realities of it.

Aug 11, 2014

Very passionate about their products and their people

Current Employee - Sales Group
    Current Employee - Sales Group

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's really great to be working again in an environment where there's so much focus on being very good. While you have to be continuously learning new features and skills, it's much better than working for someone who is "sitting" on their offerings and going nowhere with their product.

Cons

So far I really have no complaints. Having worked for equity firm owned companies in the past, I'm used to a lot of expense control so there's nothing you wouldn't expect at Epicor.

Please continue to invest in the products and ongoing training for employees.