Epitec

Updated September 21, 2014
3.7

Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Pros
  • Free food and it will make you VERY appreciative of your next job (in 11 reviews)

• This is a great place to get experience in a corporate environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high turnover rate but that is to be expected with hiring entry level people (in 9 reviews)

• Poor work life balance as you are required to work extra hours on a salary and are not paid for any hours over 40 (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Recruiter

Former Employee - Recruiter in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Detroit, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

State of the art office. Free lunches on a regular basis. Ability to grow within the company between accounts and responsibilities. Opportunity to get out in the field to meet candidates, employees, and customers. Earning potential is very high for those who enjoy the work and put fourth the effort.

Cons

Recruiting is a tough job. You have to be able to deal with rejection daily. The customer and management expectations are high which requires hard work.

Keep focusing on the MUSCLE recruiting process. Your people are what sets you apart.

Bad benefits, low wage and not keep promise

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The recruiter is nice and helpful. HR always response quickly.

Cons

Poor benefits. Everything is costly, like paid holidays(2 dollars off hourly pay). No sick day off. Expensive medical plan, written in semi monthly cost. Should have everything written in the contract when getting hired! Promise to ask for the hiring company for money to cover the application of working visa for international employee. Turn out to be you should have put down at least 4 dollars of your hourly pay to ask us you apply the working visa for you when it's about the time to start apply. Have to miss this year and apply next year and take the risk of only one time lottery in H1B CAP. Don't care employee's royalty at all, too mean to money. Get lower paid, less (no) benefit, less care than colleagues from other contract company. Choose a another one if you can.

Epitec Response

Feb 9, 2014COO

Please call me when you have a moment. My direct dial is 248-864-7121, Mark Ruma. The cost of holidays and the cost of insurance in the review is inaccurate. Let me see if there is a way for us to ... More

Very professional

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Detroit, MI

I worked at Epitec as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

I do not have any cons

More time checking on contract staff and issues or placement concerns

Good things and Areas for Improvement

Current Employee - Business Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

-Easy, online e-signing of paperwork.
    -Kudos program for contractors who are recognized on their assignment.
    -HR is very responsive to questions.
    -I was taken out for an introductory lunch which was a nice touch.
    -Event outings and family event outings are offered and well advertised.
    -Referral bonus offered and is generous.
    -Welcome, birthday and annviersary cards are encouraging and help you feel like you aren't just a number or dollar sign for the company.

Cons

-Both of the recruiters that I worked with at the beginning are gone and I don't know who to go to other than HR if I have an issue to discuss.
    -The dental and eye insurance are affordable but the medical is very expensive for contractors. I've had to shop for insurance myself and its hard when you have a pre existing condition.
    -The only way to get holiday pay is to agree to make less money an hour.

-Find more affordable health care options for contractors.
    -Find a way to give some paid vacation time to contractors. I've worked for temp agecies in the past and they would give a week's vacation to employees that worked a certain amount of hours. Something like that would be nice and keep contractors coming back.
    -Make sure there is a back-up person to keep in contact with contractors if their original reruiter quits or gets fired (which seems to happen a lot from what I've seen from other reviews). I had to find out from LinkedIn that my original recruiter was gone and with another company and same with the second recruiter I spoke to.

Overall my experience with Epitec has been a good one. I was able to tell when my last recruiter was getting ready to leave because level of service diminished but I also remember being in my early 20's and I know how it goes. HR does a great job following out and is very helpful. If Epitec could improve on any of the items that I list as Cons I would be an extremely happy employee.

Internal Delivery

Current Employee - Delivery in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Delivery in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is one that allows an individual to come in at the bottom and increase responsibilities very quickly. Always opportunity for a recruiter or account manager to step up and get recognized for their actions.

Cons

The stigma of very high turnover. No company would want to keep an employee around that is lazy, unhappy, lacks work ethic, or doesn't care.

Keep up the good work. Epitec is a company that will be around for a long time to come, and has the ability to become a national powerhouse in the staffing world.

Epitec is the BEST!

Current Employee - Data Coordinator in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Data Coordinator in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working for this company has enhanced my career in major ways and I really appreciate all the hard work the company puts into making sure their employees are well taken care of and satisfied with the work that they do. Work ethics are great, pay is great, it's just like one big happy family!

Cons

I have no issues with the way this company does business and supports their employees.

Keep up the wonderful work. Epitec is a really great company!

HOT Industry---Forward Thinking Company

Current Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is constantly looking at areas to improve its position at its customers and to improve its employee experience. They are making strides in new client development locally and nationally and will need more internal staff to support these efforts. I'm all in for a better future. They also have some really great tools, training and incentives programs for their sales and recruiting team members. Just got a black friday shopping spree --- whoa!!!!!

Cons

No bodies perfect, but you should expect some turnover. They hire often and not everyone's cut out for sales and the performance expectations of the their big clients.

Be very clear on expectations for new hires, some people just don't get it!!!!

Like Everyone Else - Just Another Contract House

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large Contacts Base in the Auto OEMs

Cons

Seemingly Large Internal Employee Turnover

Ask yourself why you don't ask your onsite resources for input