Epitec

Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard

Jerry Sheppard

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very professional

IT Specialist (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsGreat company to work for!

ConsI do not have any cons

Advice to Senior ManagementMore time checking on contract staff and issues or placement concerns

Bad benefits, low wage and not keep promise

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsThe recruiter is nice and helpful. HR always response quickly.

ConsPoor benefits. Everything is costly, like paid holidays(2 dollars off hourly pay). No sick day off. Expensive medical plan, written in semi monthly cost. Should have everything written in the contract when getting hired! Promise to ask for the hiring company for money to cover the application of working visa for international employee. Turn out to be you should have put down at least 4 dollars of your hourly pay to ask us you apply the working visa for you when it's about the time to start apply. Have to miss this year and apply next year and take the risk of only one time lottery in H1B CAP. Don't care employee's royalty at all, too mean to money. Get lower paid, less (no) benefit, less care than colleagues from other contract company. Choose a another one if you can.

Flag Review
    Epitec COO responded to this review Feb 9, 2014 EditDelete
    Please call me when you have a moment. My direct dial is 248-864-7121, Mark Ruma. The cost of holidays and the cost of insurance in the review is inaccurate. Let me see if there is a way for us to ... More

Good things and Areas for Improvement

Business Manager (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

Pros-Easy, online e-signing of paperwork.
    -Kudos program for contractors who are recognized on their assignment.
    -HR is very responsive to questions.
    -I was taken out for an introductory lunch which was a nice touch.
    -Event outings and family event outings are offered and well advertised.
    -Referral bonus offered and is generous.
    -Welcome, birthday and annviersary cards are encouraging and help you feel like you aren't just a number or dollar sign for the company.

Cons-Both of the recruiters that I worked with at the beginning are gone and I don't know who to go to other than HR if I have an issue to discuss.
    -The dental and eye insurance are affordable but the medical is very expensive for contractors. I've had to shop for insurance myself and its hard when you have a pre existing condition.
    -The only way to get holiday pay is to agree to make less money an hour.

Advice to Senior Management-Find more affordable health care options for contractors.
    -Find a way to give some paid vacation time to contractors. I've worked for temp agecies in the past and they would give a week's vacation to employees that worked a certain amount of hours. Something like that would be nice and keep contractors coming back.
    -Make sure there is a back-up person to keep in contact with contractors if their original reruiter quits or gets fired (which seems to happen a lot from what I've seen from other reviews). I had to find out from LinkedIn that my original recruiter was gone and with another company and same with the second recruiter I spoke to.

Overall my experience with Epitec has been a good one. I was able to tell when my last recruiter was getting ready to leave because level of service diminished but I also remember being in my early 20's and I know how it goes. HR does a great job following out and is very helpful. If Epitec could improve on any of the items that I list as Cons I would be an extremely happy employee.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Internal Delivery

Delivery (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsThe company is one that allows an individual to come in at the bottom and increase responsibilities very quickly. Always opportunity for a recruiter or account manager to step up and get recognized for their actions.

ConsThe stigma of very high turnover. No company would want to keep an employee around that is lazy, unhappy, lacks work ethic, or doesn't care.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Epitec is a company that will be around for a long time to come, and has the ability to become a national powerhouse in the staffing world.

Epitec is the BEST!

Data Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsWorking for this company has enhanced my career in major ways and I really appreciate all the hard work the company puts into making sure their employees are well taken care of and satisfied with the work that they do. Work ethics are great, pay is great, it's just like one big happy family!

ConsI have no issues with the way this company does business and supports their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the wonderful work. Epitec is a really great company!

HOT Industry---Forward Thinking Company

Sales (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsThe company is constantly looking at areas to improve its position at its customers and to improve its employee experience. They are making strides in new client development locally and nationally and will need more internal staff to support these efforts. I'm all in for a better future. They also have some really great tools, training and incentives programs for their sales and recruiting team members. Just got a black friday shopping spree --- whoa!!!!!

ConsNo bodies perfect, but you should expect some turnover. They hire often and not everyone's cut out for sales and the performance expectations of the their big clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe very clear on expectations for new hires, some people just don't get it!!!!

Like Everyone Else - Just Another Contract House

ProsLarge Contacts Base in the Auto OEMs

ConsSeemingly Large Internal Employee Turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk yourself why you don't ask your onsite resources for input

Worked for Epitec? Contribute to the Community!

Epitec Videos

Epitec – Why Work for Us?

​​The ultimate technology talent search agent.​​ Whether you’re an organization looking to optimize your technology services and workforce management, or top talent looking for a promising new opportunity, you’ve come… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epitec reviews and ratings in Detroit, MI — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Epitec employees.