Epitec Reviews

Reset
3.3
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Pros
  • Free food and it will make you VERY appreciative of your next job (in 11 reviews)

• This is a great place to start a career (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Very high turnover- stems from resignations, firings etc (in 9 reviews)

• Poor work life balance as you are required to work extra hours on a salary and are not paid for any hours over 40 (in 5 reviews)

CSO

Current Employee - CSO in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - CSO in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

My word for this company is opportunity. For those looking to build a career, whether it's in our corporate offices or on a customer project, there is plenty of opportunity. The opportunities to grow professionally, personally and financially are available. You have to be willing to do the work, of course. The company values feedback, all constructive feedback, and continues to implement change based on specific feedback from our employees. This is a company where as an individual you can contribute to a larger goal.

Cons

If you are someone that is looking for a checklist type job, this is not the place for you. Epitec is a high producing company and expects a lot out of those they bring aboard.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees feedback, even when it's not what you want to hear.

If they can they will take advantage of you

Former Employee - Analyst in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Analyst in Warren, MI

I worked at Epitec

Pros

They found a position for me. They communicate in a timely matter. They send Birthday cards and candy. They have a event now where they will take employees to baseball games.

Cons

They lied about the position title and salary. After a year of employment they change my position title and made it retroactive. Technically this is a breach of contract and I may seek a attorney. I asked for a certain amount per year however, the company i was contracted out to does not even work that many hours. I am forced to take time off without pay and, even if you factored in the holiday time it doesn't make up for those lost hours. Crazy....

Advice to Management

Be ethical. Make sure the job titles reflect what the person actually does. By giving people vague titles it traps them in positions they are unhappy with and those unhappy employees will hit every social networking site volunteering their opinion. Have your reps develop relationships with management higher than the contact employee's hiring manager. Try to intervene when managers use their agency resources as people to blame for problems that are unrelated to them. Understand by becoming involved in a dispute it helps your companies reputation and also elevate stress and frustration with your employee. Don't take advantage of your employees and sure as hell don't lie about pay and title.

Placing recruiters last

Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec

Pros

•Great incentives and bonuses. Chance to make $300 extra per month easily plus monthly incentives and quarterly bonuses for top recruiters. •Awesome equipment, up to date computers, software, phones, etc and a great IT department. •Free food for company meetings, anniversaries, parties, working late, etc. •Awesome co-workers but sadly you see them get fired or quit.

Cons

Epitec is a very good place to break into the recruiting industry but be warned it has a very toxic corporate environment and a bad work/life balance. You are connected via email 24/7 for candidates, clients, and managers and you are expected to work from 8-5 everyday with no flexibility even though you are a salary employee. The company morale is horrible because they have such a high turn over rate. In one year they fired an average of 80-100 recruiters. They are a revolving door with New training classes every couple of weeks with about 5-10 unsuspecting victims in each class. Some of them won't make it out of training the rest will be fired within 1-10 months. Those that don't get fired end up leaving because there is never a day you don't feel like your heads on the chopping block, even if your doing good!!! Seniority won't even save you, management doesn't even take the time to learn employees names because they have so many people coming and going. Your only chance at lasting is making an effort for them to know who are are right out of training. Epitec has been “restructuring” for about a month now so micromanaging is at an all time high and no one feels like they are doing a good job. Recruiting isn't hard, Epitec has top of the line equipment which makes it easy and they do business with major clients in the Detroit area. If you don't like calling people and bugging them this job isn't for you. If you accept a position with this company expect to come dressed to impress every single day even if your just sitting in the office all day. You have to take initiative, pick up the phone, and sell a job that might not be that good of an opportunity. You will pressure and sell candidates on open opportunities so you can submit their resume and make your goal to get your bonuses. Sometimes you will question what is right and wrong when you are discriminating against potential employees based on age, race, gender, personality, appearance, and more because it's what the customer wants. It begins to wear on you after awhile because you develop a relationship with your candidates and genuinely want to help them find employment.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and Offer flex time so your employees don't burn out Start investing in your employees rather than firing EVERYONE and take the time to get to know employees before firing them Rather than micromanaging offer encouragement to employees Physically tell employees they are doing a good job, don't just send an email

Jul 10, 2015 – COO

Thank you for listing many pros about Epitec and for taking the time to leave us your feedback on the entry level recruiting position. In your interview for the entry level recruiting position we ... More

Proceed with Caution

Former Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a temporary job to make a few bucks here and there, then this is the job for you. Do not feed into the false hope Epitec managements tries to feed you. THERE IS NO CAREER GROWTH. Only a very small handful of recruiters have been there 2+ years. The rest quit or are terminated. The handful of recruiters keep to their selves because they realized it was pointless to interact with new recruiters because they won't be there long. Frankly, I don't even blame them. They have decent work space and give free food occasionally.

Cons

Management lacks decency of good work ethics and morals. Favoritism is exuded among the management and they are very quick to point the blame on current and former employees (recruiters). Immense lack of professionalism. Management makes inappropriate comments/jokes during company meetings and using profanity is second nature to them. Management demands more time (more than 40 hours) from their employees, but do not want to compensate for it. Of all the places I've worked, I have felt the least appreciated, most mistreated, and most displeased by this group of management. Turn over is unbelievably high. There is no work life balance. It's definitely understood that recruiting may not be for everyone. How about the good ones? Plenty of great, hard working recruiters with a lot of experience were terminated due to "restructuring" while plenty of mediocre recruiters with hardly any experience were kept. It just seems the intent for management is to keep very entry level low salary recruiters instead of keeping recruiters that gain seniority and have to give them a pay raise eventually... I guess it also must be financially gaining, to not have to pay any part of the well deserved commission to the recruiters if terminated even though they worked very hard to place the candidate they build such a strong relationship with for weeks, sometimes even months. I wouldn't recommend ANYONE looking to start a career in recruiting/sales/HR to work for this company. Neither would I recommend any consultants to work for this company unless you're looking for a stepping stool or a temporary job. I would say beat them to it. Work the few months you need to to gain whatever experience you need and find a more stable and secure company to work with. :)

Advice to Management

You're definitely right. This line of work isn't for everyone. However, there are plenty of companies in the staffing industry that are far more successful and far bigger only because management was strong, loyal, honest and decent. Try the whole loyalty and honesty thing... it may finally make Epitec a decent place to work it someday.

Jul 7, 2015 – COO

Thank you for posting your review of the entry level recruiter position. Epitec offers new college graduates an opportunity to excel in the field of recruiting. Successful recruiters know a lot of ... More

Waste of time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office space is nice and you have a lot of room at your desk. Free food on some days, depending on the occasion.

Cons

Not sure where I should start, but I guess I will start with the fact management has no clue what is going on, at all. It is incredible to talk to "executives" and they stare at you like a deer in the headlights. I was told during my interview that the company is expanding and now has two offices. Not sure how this is possible when they fire people weekly, including myself. I knew it was coming and I was beyond excited to leave this organization and good then they decided to cut me because I found a job with significantly better compensation and a better future career path. Anyway, the people at this place are stuck up it's incredible. I am an outgoing person and like to get to know the people I work with, but this place is all work, no fun. It is almost like a labor camp for 8 hours a day. I tried to joke around with a few employees and they almost look offended, it was hilarious to say the least. How people my age work at this place is unbelievable, but I guess if they want to work here the rest of their life and make terrible money then let them, because this place teaches you nothing to benefit your career. Also, I hope you have a whole lot of time because they slam you with work and they will give you special, useless projects to work on. If you don't stay well past working hours and do them then that's a no-no. Say goodbye to your social life and family because they work you like a dog.

Advice to Management

A) Learn something, like how to manage people perhaps B) Stop firing people before they get the chance to learn C) Get a personality, it'll help you in the long run :)

Jun 28, 2015 – COO

I am sorry that things did not work out for you at Epitec in the entry level recruiting position. Our Delivery managers successfully find a place talent with our premier clients. Epitec's management ... More

nice office

I worked at Epitec full-time

Pros

Nice office and nice people.

Cons

Could have more positive and encouraging attitudes

Jun 9, 2015 – COO

Thank you for your feedback and for recognizing our nice people and nice office space. Maintaining a positive attitude is an integral part of our company culture. We can do a better job encouraging ... More

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Addison, TX

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

Great company culture. Emphasis on autonomy, they do not micro manage and they allow you to do your job. Great co-workers and very organized when it comes to the process of recruiting. Overall, a great place to work and there is a lot of opportunity for growth within the company.

Cons

I haven't found a lot of cons. Although, there is a lot of changes that regularly take place which can be seen as a con to someone who is resistant to change. They have a great incentive program but if you don't do the work you may not benefit from it.

IT Recruiter

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

The only nice thing that I have to say about Epitec as an organization is that they have a decent office space.

Cons

Unfortunately, my experiences working for this organization are beyond poor. During the initial days of training, I realized that this company was shady and not for me. The training was some of the worst I have ever had. I had to teach myself everything I know about recruiting; yet, they blame you if you are not "catching on". The way that they treat their employees are distasteful. The pay is around the lowest in the industry and it is very disappointing. There has been serval changes taking place that rob recruiters of earning their maximum commission. The management team is very insufficient at communicating important changes to their employees. What they fail to realize is that sending an email notification for everything is not appropriate. These sales managers are all about themselves and "making money". However, they make their money by finding every way possible to take money from the driving force of their organization (recruiters and contractors). If you're seeking a position right out of college, or currently actively looking, I would advise you to do extensive research before accepting a position with this company.

Jun 2, 2015 – COO

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback and for recognizing Epitec's office space. Please provide specific examples to support the problems mentioned above. I'd be happy to talk further ... More

lpn

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at Epitec

Pros

This was a great experience working as a case manager for blue cross blue shield

Cons

My contract had expired, was offered a full time position, but due to some of my qualifications was disqualified

Advice to Management

Is to know all of the qualifications before setting up employment with companys

May 12, 2015 – COO

Thank you for this feedback. I am sorry that you were not hired directly due to qualifications. I'd like to hear more about what the shortfall was; if it was due to education, certification, etc ... More

11. IT Project Manager working in the PMO at Ford Credit

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

Nice people to work with, good work-life balance, Nice sense of communiity

Cons

Problems with personnel systems (time tracking, payroll, etc), sometime difficult to reach account personnel with job issues

Advice to Management

Fix time tracking and payroll systems

May 12, 2015 – COO

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to hear more about the issues that you are facing and I can promise to put some emphasis around getting you a solution. I look forward to working with you on ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed