Epitec

Epitec Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard

Jerry Sheppard

Pros
  • Occasional free food - that's it really(in 10 reviews)

• is a great place to start and build a career if you have the drive(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Very high turnover- stems from resignations, firings etc(in 12 reviews)

• Poor work life balance as you are required to work extra hours on a salary and are not paid for any hours over 40(in 6 reviews)

my experience

CTM Escalations Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosi am contracted to ATT. I like the location and the people I work with. Epitec provide excellent support for me.

Consi am a contractor, but would like a full time job.

Advice to Senior Managementlook for more full time opportunities

Excellent compensation and Benefits

ProsGood compensation and good benefits. Company cares about employees and hires the best people. Free food in the corporate office.

ConsLow tolerance for poor performance. Clients expect an immediate impact.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring awesome people. Share some of that free food with the field consultants. I like the Power Break idea!

Great Place Work

(Current Employee)

ProsMission and values driven.
    Expanding into other markets.
    Plenty of professional growth opportunities.
    Beautiful office space.
    Great tools, software and hardware, to do the job.
    Continuous training.
    Change driven and recovery oriented culture.
    Lots of perks and benefits, food, golf, outings and so on.

ConsAs of yet, I have not discovered any major cons, to do so would be nitpicking. You are expected to work hard and perform from day one, this is not always a good fit for people.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on guiding Epitec into the future.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Company of Opportunity!

Recruiter/Genius Finder (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsA great place to grow, learn, build solid skills and succeed. The opportunity is there if you want to work hard. Love the incentives, food, coffee and extras!

ConsUnderstanding recruiting takes time, and being able to take the good with the not so good and the frustration at times. But know if you are a good communicator, then you speak with your management for help and guidance, which they will provide.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor new recruiters, having the goal escalate up each month. So more focus is on learning the skills, strategies and business, then learning to combine with meeting the monthly goals.

contracot at CMS for Epitec

Senior IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Jackson, MI

Prosresponsive to questions
    Vacation days
    paid holidays

ConsI have never talked to Epitec about the job, how's it going, feedback from customers.

Contract Agency represented me for position at ATT

Senior Technical Solutions Architect (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsThey are one of the key agencies used by AT&T for contracted help. The HR department was very helpful during the time I worked for them. they actually offered paid vacation time which is rare in the contracted world.

ConsSeemed like a typical agency. I felt they were only interested in me while employed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in touch with contractors, even if it's just to say hi. Get involved early on as a contract is coming up for renewal or ending to find a new position

Where's there's Smoke there is Fire - Do yourself a favor and read all these reviews and decide for yourself

Recruiter (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsOccasional free food - that's it really. Struggled with this section

ConsI will not belabor my points as they have been made numerous times on Glassdoor. Simply sort the reviews by rating and go towards the middle of the pack and it will hit you like a hurricane.

I was lucky enough to make it out of training (half did not) and out of that class there are 2 left.

Common sense tells you that something is going on here. You cant have this many negative reviews without a systematic problem in management of a company.

Company will sue you if get another job that is even closely related to recruiting. Nice

Advice to Senior ManagementLooking forward to company's typical response. "best and brightest company to work for" what most people don't realize is that you have to pay to be included in most of the "best of" company awards which through the employee surveys are easily skewed. "Epitec hires passionate and hardworking people" 80-90% turnover rate for entry level recruiters? hmmmm.

The management team has the mindset of "do as I say and not as I do" to their neophytes they constantly bringing in.

Looking forward to managements response. I realize that "The recruiting job is not well suited for everyone. If you are struggling to perform in your position, please contact - left blank intentionally" Does that mean that 80-90 of your entry level Recruiters realize that recruiting is not for them and that they are struggling in their position? I would bet not because of desire but it is more of a systemic problem with it's core dysfunction aimed squarely at the management team.

Jun 23, 2014

I am sorry your experience with Epitec was not good. However, please contact Mark Ruma, COO for Epitec. Because you have identified yourself as a current employee, I think it would be best for us to ... More

Very good company to work for

VOIP Engineer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWell I feel that they really do care about employees and listen to them. I have had issues where they were resolved to my satisfaction.

ConsNothing really negative to say. Working here meets expectations and is a very good place to work. I do feel appreciated as an employee here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe a pay increase per tenure of employment.

Developer Review

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

Pros1. Great people
    2. Great team building events.
    3. Will work with you if you are not happy.

ConsThe reps don't visit very much or check in to see how you're doing. But as long as things are going well I guess they don't feel the need.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep looking for ways to appreciate the consultants because they pay the bills!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Mar 18, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and advice. An initative of our HR and Delivery teams is to provide more meaningful touch points through out the work year. In the meantime, should you ever need anything ... More

Epitec is a fantastic company to work for

Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsThey are fair with their employees. Benefits are good and time with the company is recongnized.

ConsA little more interactions with the company representitive. The company used to share the performance review with their employees. This is benificial because it gives an indication of the client's opinion of the work you are doing..

Advice to Senior ManagementAnnually schedule a meeting with the employees to update them on company business.

Mar 14, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. Epitec is working hard to distribute information through social networks - please check out Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I like the idea of having an annual meeting ... More

Worked for Epitec? Contribute to the Community!