Epitec Reviews

141 reviews filtered by
3.6
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Pros
  • Free food and it will make you VERY appreciative of your next job (in 11 reviews)

• This is a great place to get experience in a corporate environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high turnover rate but that is to be expected with hiring entry level people (in 9 reviews)

• Poor work life balance as you are required to work extra hours on a salary and are not paid for any hours over 40 (in 5 reviews)

1. Free Food and more!

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

Free food, top compensation, awesome coffee, beautiful offices, collaborative work environment, technology is first rate. Love the free food!

Cons

High turnover may be a result of the highly competitive industry and pay for performance environment. Newer employees may have a difficult time initially depending on prior work experience, education and passion for growth.

Hire wisely and keep feeding us!

2. It's a good opportunity to experience office environment job.

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

The company really feeds their employees well.

Cons

The pays are not very reasonable.

3. Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

Recruiting is not for everyone Epitec is a very good place to start you career and build your self as a recruiter

Cons

The turnover sucks. I believe it comes from people not understanding what they need to do. It is important to try your hardest to have success

Mmm less food your making me fat just kidding we love it. It would be nice to have a power hour breaks or something to get the blood flowing when sourcing and getting people out the door. you get exhausted and it would be nice to have a way to refresh

5. Recruiter

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

It's really hard to think of pros. The environment is so toxic the managers make you feel extremely uncomfortable by starring you up and down - maybe if you paid your employees more they could wear designer clothes like you!

Cons

Management is super fake. They act friendly to your face but then gossip about you in the weekly management meeting. They Hire young employees who don't have a family so they are pressured to work late and not get paid for it. They use you and then throw you away.

Stop writing all of the reviews on Glassdoor! We all know the COO writes all the positive reviews.

Mar 23, 2015COO

Thank you for your feedback on the entry level recruiter position. As the COO of Epitec, I can assure you I do not write all the positive reviews. However, I do respond to all the negative reviews ... More

6. Stressful

Former Employee - Engineering Recruiter
    Former Employee - Engineering Recruiter

I worked at Epitec

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

The company doesn't do a good job of giving you time to adjust to the position. They expect you to hit six submittals per week which in theory doesn't seem like a lot but learning a position & getting comfortable doing the job takes time. I joined during a time when business was slow & I still was expected to produce the same numbers as senior recruiters. You are expected to stay late & work weekends to hit those numbers. This is ridiculous to me because the job doesn't compensate employees to do so. The company needs to realize for $30k a year (about $14) to college grads isn't enough.

Allow new employees time to adjust to the position and pay more. I also do not advise hiring in new ppl in when business is slow. Employees already place enough pressure on themselves to perform without the added stress of managers making us feel inadequate.

Mar 2, 2015COO

Thank you for your feedback on the entry level recruiter position. The cons you have listed are significant to the entry level recruiter position. New recruits weary of working more than 40 hours to ... More

7. Very good company with opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

This is a great company with a lots of opportunities to grow you career. The managers are always there to help you if you need anything. There are many ways to make extra cash with paid vacation incentives.

Cons

No Cons to discuss at the moment

8. Awesome Company

Current Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This was my first "full-time" position out of college, and it has been extremely rewarding in terms of personal and professional growth. Their training program is excellent; I learned a lot from the first couple weeks, and I'm still receiving continuous education weekly. Their training manager is top notch and always available when you need her. On top of that, I have interaction with management daily, and they're always available as well. As long as you're able to take feedback positively, and turn your energy into hard work, you'll do awesome here. There's also a TON of incentives/commission if you meet your goals - they add up fast, too! It's extremely refreshing to feel like an asset to a company, and Epitec does that. Some other perks: A lot of free food, free events (we went to the Detroit Auto Show last week), free manicures once every few months... need I say more?

Cons

The only reason I gave it four stars is because the base salary is lower than expected out of college ("The survey from the National Association of Colleges and Employers showed the average salary of new grads at $44,455").

None at this time - keep up the communication between recruiters and management! It's extremely helpful.

Good Company to Work For

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

Very proactive in the process. Provide clear directions as to what the hiring company is looking for, how to get to the interview and even meet you there to ensure everything will go smoothly. The pay and benefits package is very good.

Cons

Once they have placed you in a position, it doesn't appear they keep in touch with you to see how it is going. That would be a nice touch.

Keep up the good work!

10. Excellent company, high tech, professional, cares about employees.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Eptiec has experience in a variety of industries and companies and can provide opportunities across a wide spectrum.

Cons

No real challenges other than since I am working on customer premise I don't often get to meet personnel at the main office.

Get a more widely known 401k manager.

Feb 26, 2015COO

Thank you for your feedback. I was happy that we were able to connect and to speak more to the financial advisory services that Merrill Lynch provides to all Epitec employees for 401K, IRA and other ... More

11. java developer

Current Employee - J2EE Developer
    Current Employee - J2EE Developer

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

Good relation with the client. seems more job security so far. Very flexible environment. Lot of work opportunity

Cons

As working first time with the company. Don't know how the placement will be for the next assignment. I have not heard about any training for professional growth

Option to work corp to corp did not show any difference in wages