Epitec

Updated December 19, 2014
3.5

Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Pros
  • Free food and it will make you VERY appreciative of your next job (in 11 reviews)

• This is a great place to get experience in a corporate environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high turnover rate but that is to be expected with hiring entry level people (in 9 reviews)

• Poor work life balance as you are required to work extra hours on a salary and are not paid for any hours over 40 (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun Company

Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Definitely geared for recent college grads, but decent pay and benefits. It's a stressful job but there are a lot of events and fun activities for the employees. I like that we only recruit for big companies, so potential candidates are interested in the positions we recruit for.

Cons

Not much room for growth, but it's a good entry level job. I will probably stay with the company a year or two to save money to go back to school so I have more future career options.

Dec 24, 2014COO

Thank you for your feedback. Please consider the multiple career paths at Epitec. Of course, furthering your education can open more doors. However, please consider furthering your career at Epitec ... More

A Big Joke!

I worked at Epitec

Pros

Free food. Outings on occasion. A few co workers seemed pretty cool.

Cons

1) Lack of communication between the trainees and the upper management
    2) They terminate you without even offering feedback prior even if you put in the extra after hours in learning the process and screening candidates( No wonder turnover is at ALL TIME HIGH with this company).
    3) The training that is provided is not suited for all learning styles. (You can not train someone in 4 days and expect them to become master recruiters/genius finders).
    4) Management sets expectations high for new recruits within the FIRST 2 WEEKS

Please take the time to listen to your employees in particular the new hires. Many of these people are fresh out of college and need the proper guidance and direction. Without the proper training/structure an organization may not successfully reach its full potential.

Dec 24, 2014COO

Thank you for your feedback. Epitec is very serious about servicing the needs of our clients and employees. Since 1978, Epitec has attracted and retained top notch talent. Our business it is not a ... More

Very Inprofessional

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

You will get Entry level recruiting experience

Cons

They are very very unprofessional, they curse and swear out loud repeatedly, that includes management. They will fire you just because they don't like you. "It's just not working out." is what they will say even if you are a hard worker and punctual.

Please get more professional and organized. And stop cursing and swearing it is very unprofessional.

Dec 24, 2014COO

Thank you for your feedback. Epitec does not condone excessive profanity. In connection with that, we expect for our profanity-loving people to be aware that not everyone is comfortable around it ... More

The best and the brightest-Ha! (Paid for by Epitec)

Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder

I worked at Epitec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free food, and the 2 co-workers that I miss-that's it!

Cons

1) Bosses offer no feedback to help you improve before they fire you without reason.
    2) you can make your goals, stay late almost every night and management could care less. (I did both and it did me no good.)
    3) Bosses care so little about employees that when you have a question, they don't listen and instead talk over you. (This happened to me multiple times by both my bosses.)
    4) most management is under 33 and have little to no other job experience to draw on which is why they don't understand everybody learns differently.
    5) Bosses are terrible at teaching to different personality types. Everybody learns differently and doing their "cookie cutter" approach doesn't work for everyone. (See #4)
    6) Management has no patience. The try to act like if you work hard, they will work with you, but this isn't the case so don't be fooled.
    7) Too cliquish. It's hard to have a one on one with a boss, when if you do, you know that most of the company is going to hear about your conversation.
    8) They constantly move employees to different managers which impedes learning, time constraints, and the overall recruiting process. It is completely unnecessary and hurts employees progress.

Overall, I don't recommend working for this company. My experience was beyond horrible. Management is arrogant and could care less about their employees. They try to act like you are part of a family, but it quickly becomes clear that management only cares about themselves. This is coming from someone who has worked in a variety of companies and actually has other experience dealing w/managers that treat their employees w/respect. I feel like Epitec has this attitude that they think they are best, but I just don't see it. There was only one manager in my office that did actually care and unfortunately they weren't my boss. I wouldn't waste your time working for this company based on management alone. They are just ignorant and unless they want to change, they won't.

Listen to your employees when they ask questions! Don't assume they are trying to tell you what to do. Sometimes employees really want to learn so they can be the best and if they get interrupted, it impedes the learning process.

Be more patient! People learn differently at different speeds, but sometimes by firing someone before giving them a chance to perform, you loose quality recruiters.

Lastly, stop moving employees under different management. I got moved right after training and b/c of the inconsistency of both managers, I wasted tons of time, learning my new managers way of doing things. If you have an universal process of training management on how to train employees, this wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Dec 13, 2014COO

Thank you for taking the time to write this note. I would like to get more information from you if you would be willing. If you are interested in how the Best and Brightest Award works please go to ... More

They Will Prepare to Succeed in the Future

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

Epitec has guided me in a way I never thought possible. I came from a job where i was over worked and underpaid. Epitec helped provide me with a sense of security and skill set to help shape my career in sales and business. I have learned to make good from the bad and to always stay positive. They have motivated me to never give up and prove that they really do recognize good employees. For anyone who does complain, it was because they were not doing their job and were under productivity. I have been here for a little less then a year and know I can see a growing future with this company. They are open to ideas, and willing to do what they can to help the company and its employees successful

Cons

The only con is that they do not really go into detail for when they let people go. Majority of the reason they let some one go is because they are too busy screwing around on the internet and not willing to take the time to actually do their job. We do have goals but they are very attainable.

For the Delivery Leads and Sales Managers the recruiters know their candidates more then you do. They are the ones speaking with them day in and day out. Trust their opinion when they say they have found the right person for the job. At times they seem to decline people that may be a good fit for the role they are trying to fill. Stop Ctrl + Find words as well. You are missing the bigger picture.

iT IS FINE

Current Employee - VOIP Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - VOIP Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice PLACE TO WORK.; Have had issues but they have been resolved to satisfaction.

Cons

Remote worker sometimes out of sight out of mind sometimes lost in the shuffle.

Communication could be better to employees.

Dec 24, 2014COO

Thank you for your feedback and for acknowledging that we have addressed your concerns to your satisfaction. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any issue in the future ... More

They really care about me!

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They really care about their employees and do understand that people have families too. It's nice to have a personal and work relationship with the Executives. They would pay for training if asked for. They provide the best - top of the notch equipment and environment for employees. They are very flexible with my schedule and understand when things come up.

Cons

Epitec doesn't currently allow workers to remotely work from home, this would be a huge perk if offered to high tenured folks once a week.

Thanks for taking care of tenured folks with gifts throughout the year.

Great place to start and build a career

Current Employee - Support in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Support in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love working here. It is a fun, fast paced environment. I came here right out of college when I didn't know what I wanted to do career wise and the Management Team has helped me figure it out. They are very approachable and helpful. Epitec has provided me with countless opportunities to grow my skills and my career. They will even pay for your training. I'm trusted with tasks and given free range to complete those tasks by taking risks and using my creativity.

Cons

The core work hours are 8 to 5, so it is in the middle of rush hour traffic. It would be nice to have flex hours, even if it was just on Fridays. :)

Best and Brightest Company for a Reason

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Epitec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Epitec has surely earned it's multiple awards of "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For". It is a fast growing company with opportunities of advancement for the employees, if you're dedicated and have the mindset of working hard. The feeling of being a team member is present throughout the work day, and the fun work activities help make you feel like a valued employee. The training course for new recruiters is a great way to be introduced into the recruiting industry. The position is not for everyone however. There seems to be a quick turnaround for recruiters, but by doing so it leaves room for those employees who are hard working and will help make the company stronger and more efficient. The IT department is very advanced and is always willing to figure out ways to make working more efficient and user friendly. Epitec cares about the people we place, well after their start date. We have happy people, and we'll keep it that way.

Cons

The turnover for recruiters would be the only con I could think of, however there is a benefit of it from a company-wide perspective. Recruiting isn't for everything, and by keeping the hard-working employees around, there is more room for growth and success. Making room for other employees who are more willing to go that extra mile will benefit everyone in the long run.

Happy employees will always work harder for their company :)

Great Company for Motivated Individuals!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for those willing to put in the work. Epitec is a company that firmly holds employees to a higher standard and promotes those who demonstrate the ability to exceed. Corporate happy hours, and team lunches help foster a cohesive team and are just part of the fun times that are had. Its not uncommon to be walking through the office and see someone smiling or joking amongst their team members. While there are tight deadlines and goals, Epitec has stated that its important to never lose its culture. Customers/Clients change over time, but maintaining a work place that employees want to work and customers want to do business with is what makes Epitec that great place to work for.

Cons

High stress environment when it comes to meeting goals and objectives. Everyone is accountable for their part and if things are not going your way it can become stressful.

Keep up the good work!