Epitec Reviews

143 reviews filtered by
3.6
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Pros
  • Free food and it will make you VERY appreciative of your next job (in 11 reviews)

• This is a great place to get experience in a corporate environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high turnover rate but that is to be expected with hiring entry level people (in 9 reviews)

• Poor work life balance as you are required to work extra hours on a salary and are not paid for any hours over 40 (in 5 reviews)

1. IT Project Manager working in the PMO at Ford Credit

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

Nice people to work with, good work-life balance, Nice sense of communiity

Cons

Problems with personnel systems (time tracking, payroll, etc), sometime difficult to reach account personnel with job issues

Advice to Management

Fix time tracking and payroll systems

2. lpn

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at Epitec

Pros

This was a great experience working as a case manager for blue cross blue shield

Cons

My contract had expired, was offered a full time position, but due to some of my qualifications was disqualified

Advice to Management

Is to know all of the qualifications before setting up employment with companys

3. If you are looking to go unchallenged, this is not the company for you!

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

Open door policy and great communication structure. Employee perks beyond PTO, vacation, health, and matching 401-K. Client Happy Hours, company trip to the Auto Show, plenty of free-lunches, and professional development. This job is fast-paced and not for people who are looking to leave the company the same way they were when they started.

Cons

When the lows are low, they are really low. But when the highs are high, they're really high! Obviously turn-over sucks, but most of my experience has been from recruiters freaking themselves out, never talking to their managers about concerns, and then quitting.

5. Free Food and more!

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

Free food, top compensation, awesome coffee, beautiful offices, collaborative work environment, technology is first rate. Love the free food!

Cons

High turnover may be a result of the highly competitive industry and pay for performance environment. Newer employees may have a difficult time initially depending on prior work experience, education and passion for growth.

Advice to Management

Hire wisely and keep feeding us!

6. It's a good opportunity to experience office environment job.

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

The company really feeds their employees well.

Cons

The pays are not very reasonable.

Recruiter

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

It's really hard to think of pros. The environment is so toxic the managers make you feel extremely uncomfortable by starring you up and down - maybe if you paid your employees more they could wear designer clothes like you!

Cons

Management is super fake. They act friendly to your face but then gossip about you in the weekly management meeting. They Hire young employees who don't have a family so they are pressured to work late and not get paid for it. They use you and then throw you away.

Advice to Management

Stop writing all of the reviews on Glassdoor! We all know the COO writes all the positive reviews.

Epitec Response

Mar 23, 2015COO

Thank you for your feedback on the entry level recruiter position. As the COO of Epitec, I can assure you I do not write all the positive reviews. However, I do respond to all the negative reviews ... More

8. Recruiter

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

Recruiting is not for everyone Epitec is a very good place to start you career and build your self as a recruiter

Cons

The turnover sucks. I believe it comes from people not understanding what they need to do. It is important to try your hardest to have success

Advice to Management

Mmm less food your making me fat just kidding we love it. It would be nice to have a power hour breaks or something to get the blood flowing when sourcing and getting people out the door. you get exhausted and it would be nice to have a way to refresh

9. Stressful

Former Employee - Engineering Recruiter
    Former Employee - Engineering Recruiter

I worked at Epitec

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

The company doesn't do a good job of giving you time to adjust to the position. They expect you to hit six submittals per week which in theory doesn't seem like a lot but learning a position & getting comfortable doing the job takes time. I joined during a time when business was slow & I still was expected to produce the same numbers as senior recruiters. You are expected to stay late & work weekends to hit those numbers. This is ridiculous to me because the job doesn't compensate employees to do so. The company needs to realize for $30k a year (about $14) to college grads isn't enough.

Advice to Management

Allow new employees time to adjust to the position and pay more. I also do not advise hiring in new ppl in when business is slow. Employees already place enough pressure on themselves to perform without the added stress of managers making us feel inadequate.

Epitec Response

Mar 2, 2015COO

Thank you for your feedback on the entry level recruiter position. The cons you have listed are significant to the entry level recruiter position. New recruits weary of working more than 40 hours to ... More

10. Awesome Company

Current Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was my first "full-time" position out of college, and it has been extremely rewarding in terms of personal and professional growth. Their training program is excellent; I learned a lot from the first couple weeks, and I'm still receiving continuous education weekly. Their training manager is top notch and always available when you need her. On top of that, I have interaction with management daily, and they're always available as well. As long as you're able to take feedback positively, and turn your energy into hard work, you'll do awesome here. There's also a TON of incentives/commission if you meet your goals - they add up fast, too! It's extremely refreshing to feel like an asset to a company, and Epitec does that. Some other perks: A lot of free food, free events (we went to the Detroit Auto Show last week), free manicures once every few months... need I say more?

Cons

The only reason I gave it four stars is because the base salary is lower than expected out of college ("The survey from the National Association of Colleges and Employers showed the average salary of new grads at $44,455").

Advice to Management

None at this time - keep up the communication between recruiters and management! It's extremely helpful.

11. Very good company with opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec

Pros

This is a great company with a lots of opportunities to grow you career. The managers are always there to help you if you need anything. There are many ways to make extra cash with paid vacation incentives.

Cons

No Cons to discuss at the moment