Eppendorf Manufacturing

Updated Dec 8, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dirk Ehlers

If you're not German, you do not have a chance.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Enfield, CT

I worked at Eppendorf Manufacturing full-time

ProsGood benefits.
Good clean environment to work in. HR team is fairly helpful. There are some reasonable priced lunches available at the on-site cafeteria.

ConsLots of 'back-slapping' amongst Management - rarely there is recognition of hard-working problem solvers.
Questionable employees are not disciplined -- seems if you get in worth the Germans, you're safe.
Lots of friction between Enfield employees and people that moved up from New Jersey.
No training program to speak of.
Lots of 'German' speaking in front of Americans.
Also, loud employees on the phone do not have consideration for neighboring co-workers!

Advice to Senior ManagementInterview people more often about the Managers they work for.

Insufficient Feedback

Calibration Technician (Former Employee)
Enfield, CT

I worked at Eppendorf Manufacturing

ProsBenefit package was very good, work/life balance was pretty good

ConsLack of feedback on how well one is performing his or her job, employee morale wasn't always very good, and the training provided was poor. I was unable to get sufficient feedback despite many requests for help on how to improve my job performance, and was let go without much of a warning or opportunity to improve. The fairness and respect was poor also. I would say the worst aspect of working for Eppendorf was the lack of feedback during training for technicians, and the lack of respect for employees' feelings when handling issues related to job performance. I tried really hard to do well there but had alot of problems due to the lack of feedback that could have helped me to succeed. Eppendorf was a big disappointment in my book.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure that people are advised as to how well they are doing so they can improve their performance!

Eppendorf Manufacturing....At It's BEST!

Machine Operator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eppendorf Manufacturing

ProsEppendorf Is a well structured business. It Is a Multi-million dollar corporate and it continues to progress and get bigger every year. You are giving all the benefits you need once you are hired directly through Eppendorf. They give you the 401k Retirement Plan, Life, Dental & Health Insurance. It is a good job for someone who is young or someone who just needs the benefits. Besides benefits there are not very other reasons as to why eppendorf manufacturing is a good place to work. It is good for experience if your looking to seek a career in Mold Injection Operating.

ConsSome of the downsides of working at Eppendorf are the communication between the managers and the employees. The managers do not seem to care how you are doing they just want the work done. They tell you what to do and that is about as big as the conversation gets. There are very few advancement opportunities for women. They pick between the women and the men and you can easily see that. The men who do a good job get advanced and get to wear blue coats to distinguish that they are better at what they do. The women do not have that opportunity. The women are treated like slaves basically in this situation. They are told what to do and do it no questions asked. On the other hand the men get to choose their jobs and walk around and do nothing alot. The fairness in work is not giving at all. Some people who can't "handle" tough situations stay on the slower machines while others work hard to get recognized and in the long run it doesn't work because every day is just another day and every number of production you make is just another number toward the managements money. That's all they look for, who's making them the most money. But even still that person does not get acknowledged.

Advice to Senior ManagementI Would Say Good Luck because That Is As Far as You Are Getting and if your getting too old or tired to do the job they wont think for a second about replacing you, they will already have somebody sitting in your desk while you're cleaning out your stuff.

Eppendorf is a nice but conservative company

I have been working at Eppendorf Manufacturing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Good work-life balance
- Family and caree is possible even for women
- Friendly atmosphere

Cons- No big carrer oppurtunities
- Decision making is complicated and takes very long
- A lot of informations are just spread by rumors and not offial

Worked for Eppendorf Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eppendorf Manufacturing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eppendorf Manufacturing CEO Dirk Ehlers. All reviews posted anonymously by Eppendorf Manufacturing employees.