Epsilon

Epsilon Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy

Bryan Kennedy

Pros:
  • "Company growing at a rapid rate, always work to do, great people who work here"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Managers have always been flexible enough to achieve the right work life balance"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sometimes I wish there was a little less work-life balance so I could push projects a bit harder"
    in 24 reviews
  • "There is a lot of unfair upper management practice"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not bad.

I have been working at Epsilon

ProsThe people, the flexible hours, telecomuting.

ConsLousy benefits, way too many chiefs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrim the fat above. Some of the "management" are useless.

Great learning experience. Resume builder.

I have been working at Epsilon full-time for more than 3 years

ProsProvide all tools (business/technical) you need to succeed. A lot of freedom to work on your schedule.

ConsLow opportunity for movement. Feel siloed in role. Pay not competitive with other Boston System Analyst roles.

My experience at Epsilon was a roller coaster ride

Sales Director (Former Employee)
Lafayette, CO

I worked at Epsilon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThey were constantly growing and adding new services, products and investing in the company...which gave some sense of stability with growth.

ConsBecause of the growth, many of the companies were siloed and never assimilated and brought into the fold as a whole.....

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more engaging and with better communication with all their employees

Company in the right direction, need to do more for the employees

I have been working at Epsilon full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou get the chance to become an expert on your account team. The culture is beginning to change toward a younger more vibrant working IT environment. Work environment is flexible, working from home for a day or two per week is allowable as long as it is communicated to your account team. The company is doing very well there are no need to worry about job security as long as you are not doing a horrible job.

ConsEven though there are opportunities to be involve in many different account team, it is very difficult to move off of one account once you become bored with it. Salary is not as competitive as the competitor for the same position. Promotion are mainly based on your exposure to the higher level management. You are less likely to get promoted even if you have done an absolutely fabulous job to serve the clients and maintain the account team.

Management and VP tend to sale a solution and provide an unrealistic timeline to the client without consulting the internal group. The team has to do whatever it takes to hit the deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many talented hard working people in the company, think about promoting them before hiring from the outside. Do a bit more to motivate and retain talented employees. The company is in heading in a good direction, good job!!

I've had a great experience as an intern.

I have been working at Epsilon as an intern

ProsThe people at Epsilon are great and are really open to helping you grow and develop as an individual.

ConsWork as an intern sometimes felt redundant, but my supervisors were completely open to me exploring other areas of my interest.

Mostly a great place to work.

I have been working at Epsilon full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat health benefits, Great stock discount, environment,etc

Consexpect to stay in your role forever. They always look external for hires, seldom promoted from within. VERY SELDOM. Best advice, work for 3-5 years.. Leave the company.. Wait a year, then apply for a higher position.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate good help. If you're going to grow, let the associates grow, Or they will leave.

Worse than awful

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Lafayette, CO

I worked at Epsilon full-time for less than a year

ProsThe on-site cafe is nice

ConsExtreme micromanagement executed by fearful incompetents who would rather fire people than let them succeed. Complete lack of role definition. An ingrained culture of rudeness and an utter unwillingness to be helpful. No processes, no standards, no documentation, no training. Honestly I don't have even one positive thing to say about this place except there a handful of perfectly nice people desperately trying to escape it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what your middle managers are doing, they create the culture and what they're making is abysmal.

Some good days, some bad days, mostly just bland.

I have been working at Epsilon full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent work-life balance. There are also some very smart people that you can learn from. All the benefits of being in a publicly traded company.

ConsA lot of turnover, especially for younger employees due to lack of opportunities outside of current roles. Too many employees that get comfortable in their roles and just coast. Company has grown rapidly in recent years, but there is a large disconnect between upper management and the employees.

Pay is ok, but no bonus or high % raises. Benefits package is mediocre at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your employees to drive their own careers while offering guidance. Don't be so structured and 'cookie-cutter' especially when it comes to promotions and job growth. It is important to grow the company and boost profits, but don't lose sight of the people that got you there and sacrifice their potential.

Poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Epsilon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsNon management employees work hard and long hours to get work done.

ConsManagement changes due to reorganization in 2012 were not up to previous standards. Management let go due to politics were 1000 times better and employees respected them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet friendly managers who care for their people and are competent.

Off site talent forgotten

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time for more than a year

ProsNice people. Fair benefits. Well-known Clients.

ConsContract positions can end without much notice - no guarantee of next placement. Talent that is placed onsite at Client's office are not part of Epsilon culture - basically forgotten about.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget about your remote location employees - make them feel like part of the Epsilon team and show them they have a support system.

Worked for Epsilon? Contribute to the Community!

Epsilon Videos

Epsilon – Why Work for Us?

Epsilon is the global leader in delivering meaningful direct to- consumer connections that drive performance. Focused on customer management and customer engagement, Epsilon delivers end-to-end solutions to fit the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epsilon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Epsilon CEO Bryan Kennedy. All 240 reviews posted anonymously by Epsilon employees.