Epsilon

Epsilon Reviews in Lafayette, CO

Updated Feb 19, 2014

Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy

Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Great work life balance depending on the phase of the project and your role in it(in 15 reviews)

• Company growing at a rapid rate, always work to do, great people who work here(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload to staff ratio lacks balance, making work/life balance nearly impossible(in 25 reviews)

• There is a lot of unfair upper management practice(in 10 reviews)

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience at Epsilon was a roller coaster ride

Sales Director (Former Employee) Lafayette, CO

ProsThey were constantly growing and adding new services, products and investing in the company...which gave some sense of stability with growth.

ConsBecause of the growth, many of the companies were siloed and never assimilated and brought into the fold as a whole.....

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more engaging and with better communication with all their employees

Worse than awful

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Lafayette, CO

ProsThe on-site cafe is nice

ConsExtreme micromanagement executed by fearful incompetents who would rather fire people than let them succeed. Complete lack of role definition. An ingrained culture of rudeness and an utter unwillingness to be helpful. No processes, no standards, no documentation, no training. Honestly I don't have even one positive thing to say about this place except there a handful of perfectly nice people desperately trying to escape it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what your middle managers are doing, they create the culture and what they're making is abysmal.

Positive Corporate Environment

Account Specialist (Current Employee) Lafayette, CO

ProsGreat Benefits and workplace considering that it is a very corporate environment. Still has the small start-up culture.

ConsStill corporate environment with upward mobility difficulty and competition. More opportunities for internal candidates would be help morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture employees that are eager to move up within the organization rather than continue to hire from outside.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Highly talented people and a fast and furious environment

Senior Systems Administrator/IT Manager (Former Employee) Lafayette, CO

ProsI've dealt with some of the most talented at Epsilon. They are great people and highly skilled. I've had nothing but good experiences with everyone I ran into.

ConsIt is a very fast-paced and high pressured environment on the IT side of things. Everyone is working ridiculous hours just to keep their head above water. I have heard they are changing things. But the culture is "if you aren't doing at least 50 hours you aren't pulling your weight" even if there were to be more staff.

Not worth it

BSA (Current Employee) Lafayette, CO

Prosthe pay is decent, many of the people are smart and hardworking.

ConsEveryone is overextended, many don't carry their weight. Sales way overcommits to clients and then support has to find out how to deliver when it's often impossible. A lot (a ton) of production issues (client connectivity, firewall issues, email issues) cause SLA misses and angry clients and cause a lot of stress. Off hours workload (on-call and otherwise) is misrepresented, there are 2am meetings on weekends that you have to go to if you're lucky. Management is too busy to care about their reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't care about what exciting things you're dreaming up. Fix the existing issues before wasting everyone's time in 2 hour meetings talking about creepy things that we can do with data.

Solid company, good people.

Individual Contributor (Current Employee) Lafayette, CO

ProsSmart, driven people, strong company culture, hard work is rewarded, accomplishments are ackowledged. Challenging work, visible career growth. Bagels and doughnuts every Thursday, company promotes community service/ raising money for causes that are important to us.

ConsNot for those who need hand holding and constant encouragement - definitely need to be self motivated. Work/ Life balance is at times a challenge, but you do what is needed to produce strong work.

Mediocre at best

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lafayette, CO

ProsGreat technical team. Good cafeteria. Better than average benefits package. Growing.

ConsBelow average salary, no bonuses, no profit sharing, no stock options, no incentives of any kind for people below the director level to out perform, just the expectation that everyone will. Poor work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a bonus and incentive plan for worker bees. Let technical people drive technical decisions. Adopt new technology and new ways of leveraging existing technology instead of rehashing the same old solution.

Great company with deep roots in the industry

Analytic Consultant (Current Employee) Lafayette, CO

ProsFriendly employees, excellent training programs, regular opportunites for advancement, most promotions come from within, always investing in the future

ConsNo longer the great corporate culture it once had, upper managment can be non-communicative at times, non-documented benefits can vary from department to department, very little acknowlegment for going above and beyond

Advice to Senior ManagementGood corporate culture will lead to happier employees which will increase productivity.

I worked for Epsilon for over 5 years...

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Lafayette, CO

ProsWork life community activities, good people that care about the jobs they do.

ConsPromotions are difficult to attain, inter-company training/hiring very political, upper management known to be condesending, health benifits shrunk while premiums went up, pay cuts where never recovered, job training minimal, and at employee's own expense/time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees with respect to personal time after work/vacation. Honor each and every employee with recognition of jobs well done, pay closer attention and act to correct harmful, thoughtless office dynamics between middle management and employees.

The employees care about their customers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lafayette, CO

ProsGreat location, nice facility. People are generally friendly. Most people who work there have loads of industry experience. Bring lots of value to customers through creative solutions.

ConsTend to have industry experts in management and fill other positions with very young newcomers. Would mix it up more. Some questionable behaviors by top management (no longer with the firm). Management team members seem to have their own individual agendas.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood educational development for employees. Keeps all employees informed about new technologies.

Worked for Epsilon? Contribute to the Community!