Epsilon

Updated January 27, 2015
Updated January 27, 2015

Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is said to be important but I think that depends on your supervisor (in 19 reviews)

• Your allowed to work from home when you are sick (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload to staff ratio lacks balance, making work/life balance nearly impossible (in 28 reviews)

• The HR team would ask managers to not blame on upper management but tell the employees they got what deserved which is not true (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Hard work rewarded with great benefits.

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Lafayette, CO
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Lafayette, CO

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can work from home after a certain amount of time at the company. Good amount of free floating vacation days. Good benefits.

Cons

There can be a slight isolated feeling due to the fast growth and independent working styles.

Great experience, long hours

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst, I in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst, I in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hard working team
    fulfilling
    Good environment
    freedom
    Humor encouraged

Cons

Long hours
    Mediocre pay
    Growth opportunities are unclear
    Says yes to client a little too often.

Good place to start career..

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of projects, lots of opportunities to learn new technologies and process.

Cons

compensation and benefits are ok. Too much internal politics and not enough attention payed to people doing the work. Treats everyone like a commodity.

Better profit sharing, need better understanding of company's value preposition. The company is in transition phase with mergers and acquisition so too much chaos and clients see the chaos.

Network Engineer

I have been working at Epsilon

Pros

Very good place to work to get experience working with different platforms

Cons

work life balance is not good at all work long hours

Good company but the department you're in can make a huge difference.

Current Employee - Account Management in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Account Management in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Epsilon

Pros

Epsilon is part of Alliance Data Systems in Texas and this brings some advantages namely in benefits. Company culture is positive and profiessional and employees are treated well for the most part. Salaries appear to in line or above average the position. One big pro: there are a lot of very smart people at Epsilon and it's great to work in an environment with some brain power.

Cons

Some groups are not so great to work in because of the managers in charge. These are in the minority, but it's apparent since positons in those groups are almost never filled internally. With ADS, HR is or downgrading positions for new recq and so salaries appear to be trending down.

Evaluate your managerst to ensure they meet the company culture and maintain positive morale. A few bad apples...

No opportunities for advancement

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at Epsilon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Epsilon attracts really good people. Most were friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

I worked at Epsilon for a few years and saw many people come and go at all levels. They do great at getting good people in the door but retention is a huge issue for many reasons. The opportunities for advancement to the next level are few are far between. Only a select few make it, if you have the right connections.

A good place to work. Great people.

Former Employee - Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Epsilon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overall a good place to work. The company is a leader in its industry and has developed very powerful digital marketing technologies. You can learn a lot here about digital marketing and the technology that drives it.

The company has a great college recruitment program and hires top notch graduates. It's a great place to start a career.

The company works hard at employee satisfaction. They usually act on feedback from the annual employee sat survey.

Cons

The company organization is matrix and account based. This makes it difficult at times to get the functional components of each account team in sync and supporting each others' goals. On the account I was on there was a lot of competition among the senior managers and a lot of favoritism.

Lots of different opportunities

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are really good to work with. There are a number of different client teams, both large and small, which offer a variety of roles.

Cons

Large company, so it's easy to be seen as another cog in the machine. Payraises are on a yearly/set % based on review points.

I should not have accepted this offer...this place is a joke (4DX)

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (less than a year)

Pros

great people. opportunity to learn different technology and apply for a better job elsewhere.

Cons

IT management really suck . Wasting our time with 4DX bs . Folks in IT management have no business been employed. Its a miracle this company is thriving with all the stupid and short sighted folks in IT management. I regret accepting this offer .IT management titles are handed out like donuts. I will be calling my previous employer soon. This place is a mess. W. WIG and battle WIG ?? Companies like walmart or burger king will not even adopt this stupid policy.Work life balance really suck. Engineers turn over is just a think of beauty.

Engage with the people at the lowest level as feedback from your subordinates are all distorted to reflect positive outlook. Employ people with solid track record that can move the company forward and just anyone

Marketing Sweat shop

Current Employee - Marketing in West Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary and company looks like an attractive place to work for.

Cons

There is no work/life balance and departments seem to work against each other. Consistently being forced to put work ahead of health and family.

Middle management seems to lack professionalism. I have heard a few talk about employees with other employees and even use obscenities during meetings.