Epsilon Reviews

Reset
1.0
Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Can find the work life balance here (in 19 reviews)

• Your allowed to work from home when you are sick (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Don't believe the work life balance they tell you about (in 28 reviews)

• Some of the office politics can get to you if you're not in upper management but I feel all companies have this to some degree (in 14 reviews)

1. Don't go into the Aspen Automotive sector. BEWARE!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any. Aspen Automotive (and now Epsilon since they bought them) is a terrible company.

Cons

Too many to list. Aspen section made internal structural changes back in May 2015 and cut everyone's salary in half and took away 99% of commission possibility. Who does that to people that have been working tirelessly and loyally years? Don't believe whatever they tell you- just avoid them like the plague and go to another company.

Advice to Management

"Great customer service creates great customer sales". Isn't that what Jim Huston/Lisa Glusko/Sheryl Overcast and the rest of the "mgmt." team (and I use that phrase loosely) said at their Nat'l Sales Meeting in May? Please. Aspen's level of customer service to their dealers is about negative 6. Epsilon/Aspen is going to eventually lose business because of their changes in field structure. Toyota is already gone, JLR is shopping and Volvo and Ford will be gone by 2017. Change your structure back to the way it was or come up with something in the middle, but don't take tenured, experienced personnel and insult all their hard work for you by chopping their pay and doubling their work loads. The dealers, your customers, are the ones who are suffering. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Advice to Epsilon- cut Aspen loose. Not at all a sound investment.

2. horrible

I worked at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Pros flexibility in hours, coworkers are easy to work with and the "veterans" are more than willing to help the "new bees" because despite the "training" they need it.

Cons

Management is HORRIBLE. There's one senior supervisor and one team lead. One you rarely see and the other is so tightly wound it's surprising they can walk normally. The so-called training was worthless, your shown how to present yourself while doing the calls but you get no training on how to use the equipment. You rely on the "veterans" to show you how. And the equipment it self is crap, every day at least 3 computers break down. As for the upper upper management., what a joke, one time we had a visit from 3 or them and they kept saying that they wanted to see and hear from us about what we thought about the scripts and what we thought needed work on, nothing changed. Everything stayed the same, wrong information and bad grammar. We even got a visit from one of the uppermost supervisor and as soon as they made their presence known the team morale dropped like a rock. They kept pulling us into "meeting" for no reason. We were in more meeting's than we were doing our jobs. Once they left the morale went up. That kind of reaction shouldn't happen when the "bigwigs"show up.

Advice to Management

Get and train supervisors and team leads properly especially on how to manage themselves when they're faced with a stressful situation. And most of all, new equipment, what we have now is dangerous. What we have now literally starts on fire, 9 so far this week, someone is going to get hurt. This might be a strange concept but LISTEN to the lowest worker there, you might learn something.

Sr Syastem Administrator

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator/IT Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator/IT Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Epsilon (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with almost all are very friendly and willing to assist and work with you

Cons

Work over 50 to 60 hours per week not an unusual thing, Management changes are all to frequent, new rules and requirements with each new manager, Pay is average but raises are not so wonderful

Advice to Management

Try to keep a manager more than a few months, keep your people happy stop running short staffed your managers know what life and work and family time is you say a lot but do not follow up with this.

BSA

Former Employee - BSA in New York, NY
    Former Employee - BSA in New York, NY

Pros

Excellent dental plan, that is about it.

Cons

Overworked, under paid, under valued.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

Not a professional environment.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a very demanding job, everybody leaves at 5pm.

Cons

No engineering culture. It is a boys club. People talk about going to strip clubs or say the most offensive things during lunch conversations. There is no system in place that you can depend on, management got promoted because every other manager left. To be fare, this is the culture in San Francisco, which was acquired by Epsilon. On the other hand, Epsilon did not manage it well either.

Advice to Management

There is so much to improve.

Don

Former Employee - Vice President in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon (More than a year)

Pros

Junior and mid staff are hard workers, cafe is a great spot for lunch, alot of course in their L&D Program catalog. Good intern program. Flexible hours and ability to WFH, Realized how dysfunctional the place was and got out soon!

Cons

Shark-like culture, a lot of back stabbing, egos, terribly disconnected executive team, alot of jobs are being shipped to India and the constant layoff show that. Seems like a well oiled machine while interviewing but the company is a MESS functionally. Took me a month to get a computer with the correct software when I on-boarded and I'm chastised bc I can't get work done. Every time I called support, I spoke to some offshore person who had no clue. Local support is managed on the favor system, do IT a favor and they do one for you... sad...

Advice to Management

Try to engage your employees and not just use them as "fall guys". Put a REAL performance management process in place and manage employee performance. Employees can't succeed and if they don't where they need to be going

Burn and churn

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Blue Ash, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Blue Ash, OH

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

liberal work from home policy

Cons

overworked, forced overtime, no care given to keeping employees. Epsilon would rather just keep hiring than make anything better for current employees. I worked there for a year and almost the entire development staff turned over while I was there. The only promotions were for the directors and VPs.

Advice to Management

if you are going to treat people like temp workers, you may as well hire more contractors

Sr Mgr

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Irving, TX

Pros

Fast paced environment, lots of work

Cons

Over allocation of resources, never enough time to complete assignments

Advice to Management

Add more people

Completely dysfunctional

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are ok. It's a steady paycheck. ADS appears to be a decent parent company.

Cons

Yearly layoffs for years, yet they always have money to buy a new company when the numbers start to look bad to wall street. They do not seem to value employees. I have seen people let go when their client account was lost. No attempt to reassign the employees were apparent. Same during layoffs, even for exceptional employees. IT is a complete mess and upper management's answer has been to outsource and off shore as much as possible making things worse. The IT staff in US seem good (some great even), just way over loaded and upper management is making it worse by saddling them with clean up for unqualified/inexperienced offshore resources. To add insult to injury upper management seems to think their cutting edge strategy from early 2000's is working well. They have a business model that won't support highly paid tech workers. Instead of solving the problem they have decided to open an offshore office. Even if your job is not off-shored you can look forward to working with or depending on people in India. Upper management thinking the idea of opening an offshore office will drive the company forward does not bode well for the company long term. With all the movement in the marketing industry they are now competing with companies like Google and Oracle both of which know how to off shore effectively and are imaginative enough to have business solutions that scale without increasing employee cost at the same rate. Upper management is very short term focused. Turn over of talented people seems very high. If you are talented you will become frustrated with the seeming incompetence that is growing each time someone else leaves. Many teams (not just IT) are over worked and under resourced so you will likely have to work many extra hours or work with people who are overworked and won't have time to work on your stuff, making your stuff late, making you work extra hours to make up for that.

Advice to Management

Stop, take stock of your situation. Off-shoring and outsourcing is only appears to treat the symptoms. It's actually making things worse by driving in-efficiency to where you can't track it. You need to fix the problem in the solutions your selling and how you organize the technical teams creating the technology. You won't be able to keep buying companies to hide cost and revenue problems. Invest in your people and give them team structures and room to innovate. If you focus on that instead of cost cutting you'd have a better company for the employees and wall street.

One of the worst companies I have worked for

Former Employee - Human Resources in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Irving, TX

Pros

The cafeteria has great food choices

Cons

They paint a good picture about the culture, but they work you long hours and most of the management is horrible.

Advice to Management

Take a long hard look at HR and recruiting, the management needs to be changed,

RSS Feed </> Embed