Epsilon Reviews

350 reviews filtered by
2.9
Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is said to be important but I think that depends on your supervisor (in 19 reviews)

• Your allowed to work from home when you are sick (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload to staff ratio lacks balance, making work/life balance nearly impossible (in 28 reviews)

• The HR team would ask managers to not blame on upper management but tell the employees they got what deserved which is not true (in 14 reviews)

1. Just a steeping stone

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and pay okay.
    Looking for a new job.

Cons

The place seems to have a good ole boys club. You can certainly have talent and not be utilized unless you are in the club. Seems many good people come and go as others get promoted should shouldn't. Defiantly a two sided environment depending on the IT division. It seems there are a lot of individuals who don't want to listen to new/fresh ideas or try new things out side of the comfort zone. Individuals in management have moved up the ranks based on who you know not what you know. It has the friend hire friend and friend promote friend politics.

Advice to Management

Need to look at retaining talent and cleaning house on management. Break up the club and get some new talent in to move the business/IT to the next level.

A lot of people really hate it here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have most normal holidays off, but sometimes even have to work on those days too.
    Cafeteria is close by but the food is usually pretty bad.
    Location is close to DFW airport, maybe a little too close.

Cons

There are an unusually high number of managers who are hired in from the outside simply because they are friends and previous co-workers of senior leaders. It just doesn't seem to make any sense when there are far more talented people available who have real experience.

The work ethic among people is unbalanced and unfair. It is not uncommon for people to not come in to work until 10:30-11:00 and then take 2 hour lunches and the go home at the normal time and then get promoted. Other people work their fingers to the bone and are recognized for nothing. The disparity is glaring and should be addressed.

People in very senior positions present themselves terribly and have no real technical skills of their own. There is a culture of just taking credit for other people's work and abilities. This is truly shameful but so common at this company. Bad bad leadership is rewarded. Just dumbfounding that this company has been around and has been this way for so long.

Advice to Management

My advice is to the Board of Directors: Replace this CEO with someone who is competent and you will see our growth skyrocket beyond belief. We have a service that all companies want and having a true leader as our CEO would launch this company into orbit. Then remove those Senior leaders who have worked so hard to create careers for themselves by eliminating the real leaders and gifted people we once had.

Not a good company

Current Employee - Agent in Grand Forks, ND
    Current Employee - Agent in Grand Forks, ND

I have been working at Epsilon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good stepping stone for another postion at another company good fellow employees hours are ok direct supervisor is easy to talk to

Cons

Pay is bad no benefits are available they interview you for one postion and then decide that it is no longer available at the site that you are working at. The standards are not even across all employees the policy is not enforced the same for everybody .

This is just a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The cafeteria is convenient - but the food choices could be healthier.
    It is convenient having a gym but there is very little time to use it.
    There used to be some really great people who worked here but most have left and more are leaving. Hopefully they are doing more to regain some of the lost talent and recruit good people.

Cons

I have never seen a turnover problem like this place has in any place I have ever worked. This is the worst by far.

I would be hesitant to hire anyone from here because I would be concerned that they would bring the unhealthy culture of this company with them. So much back-biting and sleazy office politics.

In my experience, HR condones and enables this culture so there seems to be very little hope.

Senior Level people are so disrespectful of the livelihoods and career goals of so many hardworking people and families who are passed by for promotions because they are not former friends being brought in from the outside. This is far too prevalent.

Integrity is a problem at the SVP executive level. SVPs pit good leaders against one another. It doesn't make sense but seems like the SVPs want to run off talented experienced leaders who might threaten or compete for their jobs someday.

We have been instructed us repeatedly in meetings to go write positive 'Great Company' reviews on Glassdoor and the other job boards.

So many people are worried about being laid off and their jobs being outsourced.

Advice to Management

Management including CEO must certainly be aware of these issues after all this time and must simply not care.

I should not have accepted this offer...this place is a joke (4DX)

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great people. opportunity to learn different technology and apply for a better job elsewhere.

Cons

IT management really suck . Wasting our time with 4DX bs . Folks in IT management have no business been employed. Its a miracle this company is thriving with all the stupid and short sighted folks in IT management. I regret accepting this offer .IT management titles are handed out like donuts. I will be calling my previous employer soon. This place is a mess. W. WIG and battle WIG ?? Companies like walmart or burger king will not even adopt this stupid policy.Work life balance really suck. Engineers turn over is just a think of beauty.

Advice to Management

Engage with the people at the lowest level as feedback from your subordinates are all distorted to reflect positive outlook. Employ people with solid track record that can move the company forward and just anyone

Worst I've seen. Wouldn't recommend to a person who was desperate for a employment. Would recommend fast food first.

Former Employee - IT Administrative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - IT Administrative in Irving, TX

I worked at Epsilon

Pros

Great People who are motivated and determined to see the company succeed. Good stepping stone as far as a technology builder for your next job opportunity

Cons

Worst IT Sr. Management and SVP leadership I've seen in over 20yrs. The IT dept is metrics driven and all they care about is the bottom line. They preach work/life balance but secretly expect for you to be avail on your days off, PTO, and holidays plus be on-call. They could care less if you dropped dead at your cube they will still blame the employee.The management team makes promise to Sr leadership that cant be met which causes stress across the board. The turn over is like nothing I've ever seen. Most of the management team are non-technical so they have no clue of what they are doing and are under qualified and shouldn't be allowed to be in the position. HR see's no problem with the high turnover and merely blame the employee. The management team really doesnt' realize they are the problem not the solution. Ideas are being pitched and not listening too and 6-9 months later the leadership pitches the same idea as if it was there own when in fact the idea was proposed and somethings documented over a year ago.

Advice to Management

Stop being afraid of your leadership
    Speak out if you feel you don't agree or cant meet expectations.
    Support and listen to your employees

I work for a company that contracts through Epsilon (KPI Connect). One word: TERRIBLE

Current Employee - Agent in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Agent in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Use this company as a stepping stone to a another job for another call center position.

Cons

I don't know where to start. I start working for this company (KPI connect) as a temporary employee and been employed for over six months. Management is completely inept. I mean management only consists of one person and the lead. By my 3rd month working here you can tell the the manager is completely inexperienced and the new lead is extremely timid. This whole company is basic ran by Nurse Racheted (control freak) and her assistant. The majority of my co-workers are afraid to stand up to management. Also we get paid barely above minimum wage and they expect high quality calls! They QA us like crazy like we're getting paid $20 an hour.

Advice to Management

To Epsilon: You need to hang around more and see how management treats us! KPI needs new management badly.

How is this company in business?

Former Employee - Director in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Irving, TX

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learning potential( self learning/on-job) for new employees or less experienced employees. Good mix of people.

Possibility of landing in position with good title -- Directors and VPs in the company may be in the level of team lead in other companies.

Cons

Politics, no vision, non-standard practices, recruitment of family and friends creating creamy top layer who don't fit the top roles and have no clue, HR policies are driven by few key individual( not at board level)...............................

Advice to Management

Hire true professionals with real industry experience and not friends and family for top jobs(applicable to the top job too)
    Fix the void in vision and direction within
    Stop paying incentives to rig the internet with fake good reviews - No short cuts to fix internal issues. Please cultivate a will to fix the issue. When the issues are resolved, employees will write good reviews.
    Re-branding should include rethinking your approach and not spreading false positive messages. It can be off-loading come creamy top layer to reduce the burden on normal employees.
    How is Alliance data voted best employer when this is situation with Epsilon?

Never should have signed the offer letter.

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked from home (good and bad). Benefits were good. I made many connections while working at Epsilon but this is only due to my own efforts. Gym and cafeteria on-site. Most of my coworkers were friendly.

Cons

Lack of training or direction. I watched recorded training videos and did "real-life" case studies for TWO months before receiving a client account. The "real-life" case studies were out of date and did not put me in realistic day-to-day scenarios.
    Management clearly favored certain team members who progressed in their career while other deserving team members received no promotions or raises due to personal bias.
    Management team never evaluated their processes to improve even when employees and clients made suggestions. Rather, they took the constructive criticism personally.
    I was told raises and promotions were not given to any teammates at mid-year reviews and a week later, three team members were promoted.
    Many promotions were given merely based on the amount of time the employee was with the company, not their achievements. Many achievements were hardly recognized.
    Difficult to learn new skills without bothering a very busy employee for one-on-one training. Highly skilled employees are swamped with work while associate-level employees doodle in their corner cubicle.
    No organization of process documentation and helpful client or project docs.
    Below average when referring to competitive salary.
    Job description was very vague and did not match the actual work done by the employee after hire.
    Account allocation is a joke.
    Managers were bending the rules for some and not others (dependent on the manager and team).
    Technology used by heavy lifters was out of date and inefficient.
    Out-of-office team events were not paid for by management or the company (this does not apply to company-wide events).
    *Most, if not all, of these problems start with middle & higher management.

Back to working from home... I, and the rest of my teammates, worked from home the majority of the week which was nice for those with kids and pets but kept the team from collaborating and getting to know each other. I hardly knew most of my teammates.

Advice to Management

Get to know your team and their workload. Acknowledge their achievements and make decisions regarding promotions and raises based off of client feedback and hard evidence and not personal bias.

Below Average Salary, Above Average Turnover

Former Employee - Recruiting
    Former Employee - Recruiting

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gym and cafeteria are onsite, nice benefit for the employees.

Cons

Recruiting department unprofessional, lack of follow up, too many levels of "management", salaries are under market, turnover is extremely high.

Advice to Management

Restructure with fewer levels of "management" and "directors", hire someone with real recruiting management experience to streamline processes, better yet implement processes. Conduct more research on what median salaries are, recognize employees, act like they like their job.