Epsilon Reviews

Updated March 23, 2015
338 reviews filtered by
Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is said to be important but I think that depends on your supervisor (in 19 reviews)

• Your allowed to work from home when you are sick (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload to staff ratio lacks balance, making work/life balance nearly impossible (in 28 reviews)

• The HR team would ask managers to not blame on upper management but tell the employees they got what deserved which is not true (in 14 reviews)

1. Data driven power

I worked at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to work with first rate clients in data, technology, and agency capacities. Good benefits, generous 401K match.

Cons

Company culture does not encourage collaboration and trust. Vision of becoming consumer engagement agency yet to be realized.

This is just a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The cafeteria is convenient - but the food choices could be healthier.
    It is convenient having a gym but there is very little time to use it.
    There used to be some really great people who worked here but most have left and more are leaving. Hopefully they are doing more to regain some of the lost talent and recruit good people.

Cons

I have never seen a turnover problem like this place has in any place I have ever worked. This is the worst by far.

I would be hesitant to hire anyone from here because I would be concerned that they would bring the unhealthy culture of this company with them. So much back-biting and sleazy office politics.

In my experience, HR condones and enables this culture so there seems to be very little hope.

Senior Level people are so disrespectful of the livelihoods and career goals of so many hardworking people and families who are passed by for promotions because they are not former friends being brought in from the outside. This is far too prevalent.

Integrity is a problem at the SVP executive level. SVPs pit good leaders against one another. It doesn't make sense but seems like the SVPs want to run off talented experienced leaders who might threaten or compete for their jobs someday.

We have been instructed us repeatedly in meetings to go write positive 'Great Company' reviews on Glassdoor and the other job boards.

So many people are worried about being laid off and their jobs being outsourced.

Management including CEO must certainly be aware of these issues after all this time and must simply not care.

3. Great opportunities and growth, but the market is strong now.

I have been working at Epsilon

Pros

The company as a whole has great growth opportunities as there is alot of work and not enough resources. Most of their upper management are genuine in terms of helping their associates grow in their career.

Cons

There are alot of really great people here, but they are not always great at retaining people as the market is doing better. They are not able to match or come close to the market rate in terms of salary for their employees. Stressing the "benefits" of the company is a way to help retain their employees but other companies have the same, or even better benefits.

I recommend salary adjustments for employees that have worked for the company if they want to continue to retain their top employees.

Management is not truthful

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People who work at Epsilon are very pleasant. Company tries to have group outings to pull people together. Company has been growing. 401k is very good.

Cons

Company has been growing too fast. Infrastructure is not keeping pace. Directors make bonuses but the regular employee has been cut out. Work/family life is bad. Management expects long hours. Some people get moved up very quickly while others more deserving are expected to wait. Depends on who you know.

Slow down the rapid growth and build foundation before shaky structure falls apart

Politics and bureaucracy getting worse as company grows. Only senior management benefits from meeting high level goals.

I have been working at Epsilon

Pros

Worklife Balance, WFH, Good people, teamwork, Access work from anywhere (VPN)

Cons

Culture has taken a big hit after Epsilon was acquired by ADS, Only directors and higher share in company success, promotions are all over the map. In some cases, it takes forever for a great employee to get promoted. In other cases, some people jump 2 and 3 levels in just a few years. It is all just a matter of who you know. Who you know is much more important than WHAT you know.

7. Good place to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO

I have been working at Epsilon

Pros

Smart hardworking people, innovative, fun environment, breakfast on Thursdays.

Cons

Sometimes long hours but happens in bursts

8. Good company, ok management

I have been working at Epsilon

Pros

Work/life balance
    Laid back environment
    Creative Freedom

Cons

Management lacks Vision
    Ongoing reorg exercise
    Middle management gets in the way

Create a vision
    Communicate and meeting with Teams
    Set goals!

old boys club

Current Employee - Client Service Associate
    Current Employee - Client Service Associate

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great vision for the future but assembled the pieces without thinking through

Cons

do not have the right people leading the way.

take a step back and figure out who you realistically want to be before launching into sporadic directions

Full of opportunities to grow

I have been working at Epsilon

Pros

-I'm able to work from home when my children sick.
    -I have a great boss, no micro management.
    -Good 401k match, great health insurance.

Cons

The company is growing too fast for the help desk, STS to catch up but I hope they will catch up soon.

It all depends on which team you join and who your manager is. Some teams operate as sweatshops.

I worked at Epsilon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to get experience and to move on. There is a number of smart individuals to learn from.

Cons

High pressure, stressful environment, long hours, there is NO work-life balance.