Epsilon

Epsilon Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy

Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Great work life balance depending on the phase of the project and your role in it(in 15 reviews)

• Company growing at a rapid rate, always work to do, great people who work here(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload to staff ratio lacks balance, making work/life balance nearly impossible(in 25 reviews)

• There is a lot of unfair upper management practice(in 10 reviews)

Very corporate, unsatisfied

Proscompensation, benefits, pto, outside office environrment

Consvery political, work-life balance, leadership

Revolving door

Pros401k match is good. stocks... about it

ConsI can't understand a company that would put out consistent large amounts of money to put employees through training and let them go because of the smallest reasons. Without warning too- so be careful when you go in.

Not good business sense and ridiculous amount of that much extra time wasted.

High stress, no leadership, projects are chaotic

ProsThey pay well, benefits are very good.

ConsThere is no leadership in this organization. Departments and teams have no clear guidance, and all are working on their own agendas. There is no leadership being provided to create a coherent vision, or attempt to get departments and teams to work toward common goals.

There is no attempt to work effectively in cross-departmental teams, or even across teams within the same department. The rank and file employees do try to work to help each other as they can, however politics seems to trump any real efforts to work together.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some leadership

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunities but Epsilon lacks competitive pay

Project Manager (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA

ProsTons of great opportunities, many people are wonderful in terms of wanting to give you the experience that you are looking for. Most people are great to work with and are generally sincere. There's a great team environment. There's too much work and not enough people, so you won't need to worry about losing your job due to lack of business.

ConsEpsilon does not pay competitive enough for those who are promoted within the company. I've been at Epsilon for 6+ years and was promoted several times, but my pay raise is very low compared to the market rate. I am making less than my direct report and expected to be responsible for many more things than my direct. I do not always feel that I am being compensated for the value that I provide for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementEpsilon is making a lot of money. We took a 5% pay cut that set me back 2 years in terms of what I was making. Now that Epsilon is making money, those that had the pay cut should be compensated for it. Epsilon should make sure employees are compensated in order to try to retain talent. I have seen many great & talented people leave Epsilon the last several years just due to salary. Other places are paying at about 20% more than what Epsilon is paying.

Good environment... Challenging for movement

Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat project teams. Good opportunities for learning multiple functions across a larger team. Decent work-life balance.

ConsSome management lacks people skills. Upward mobility/growth opportunities are a little stunted in the technology tree.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more collaboration and encourage creativity and exploration so that Epsilon can offer more from their existing tools to their existing and new customers. CARE about your people and DON'T gossip... ever. It reflects poorly on you as an individual.

Spots of nice, lots of old tech, somewhat creepy work

Lead Developer (Current Employee)

ProsThe right manager and the right group can be very rewarding.

ConsBackwards use of technology
    Consulting mindset maximizes billable hours at cost of software quality
    Lots of middle-manager petty politics
    Very little career advancement potential
    Overtime expected (unpaid of course)
    Database marketing assignments are sometimes really invasive and creepy
    Cigna health coverage is HORRIBLE

Advice to Senior Managementbuild some reusable software
    stop incenting middle managers to demand 100% billable time

Not employee friendly

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsMaintained growth in tough economy
    Job stability

ConsExecs do not value their employees
    compensation lags the market

Great work life balance

ProsDon't work long time. Flexible working hours. Helpful and nice co-workers.

ConsPay is not competitive in the industry. Complex management structure.

Overall, an unhealthy, unsanitary, somewhat filthy office environment.

Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsLocated very, very close to Dallas Fort Worth Airport so it is easy to catch a flight. Though at times you can smell the exhaust from the jet airplanes taking off from DFW airport. Hopefully that is ok.
    Conveniently located right on the major LBJ Freeway / I 635. Though access to the highway is convenient, the exhaust from the trucks and cars together with the exhaust from the airplanes at DFW seems very unhealthy and irritating at times. Throughout the long workday, I have seen many, many people with very red, irritated eyes. People seem to have a lot of respiratory problems and illnesses, though I think the overall commute may be a little shorter since the office is located on this busy highway and so close to this major national airport.

ConsPeople are always getting sick, yet they may feel they are expected to come to work anyway.
    Though most associates are polite, many do not ever cover their mouths when they cough and sneeze openly with complete abandon. It seems very few people actually wash their hands in the restrooms.
    I have never seen them dust the cubicle areas and I have never seen them vacuum. They only seem to empty the trash. Debris and dust seems to remain on the floor and on the office surfaces for a very long time.
    I have gotten very sick after eating the food in the cafe downstairs. Food served on Monday seems to be leftover from the previous week. Likewise, Friday's food just seems to be stale and wilted. Tuesday's food seems to be the safest.
    The goals we are required to meet in order to get any sort of profit sharing or bonuses are unrealistic. I am afraid many people may not see any bonuses. Managers from the Director level and up have been getting large bonuses and perks for years and years, though many mangers, especially some at the VP level and up do not deserve any bonuses whatsoever. Many simply avoid responsibility and waste everyone's time and effort actually obstructing work rather than contributing.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up your act. Do more than just empty the trash. Work to improve things. Throw out most of the VPs and up. This would become a healthier place to work.

Very educating

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA

ProsGreat office atmosphere and you learn a lot about databases which are the forefront to most marketing strategies this day.

ConsI don't have anything negative to say.

Worked for Epsilon? Contribute to the Community!