Epsilon

Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy

Bryan Kennedy

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Opportunities for the willful

Lead Developer (Current Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsI have been with Epsilon for quite some time and have seen lot of my colleagues sticking with the company for years. This shows people like the work culture and ethics the company follows. As far as my experience goes I have always got the right opportunities and the work life balance has been just right. Managers have always been flexible enough to achieve the right work life balance. I have seen people complaining about work life balance reason being Epsilon has a long pipeline of new clients/projects and resources often get moved around from one client/project to another. Some people find it stressful and complain and whereas people like me look at it as opportunities. To sum the pros: Growing company with lots of opportunities, uses most of the latest technology and has a lot of talented people working for it.

ConsIf you have read my pros section you might have found I dint talk about salaries/bonuses in it. I have seen the company being not too good with pay rises compared to the boarder market. That's my only complain I would say.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany should be looking at making their pay scale comparable/above its peers considering the big profits that the company makes.

Screwed Over

Database Developer (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

Pros- Friday breakfasts provided by company in Schaumburg location.
    - Decent systems to work with
    - Top notch social media and highly technical folks

Cons- they expect you to work until you get sick
    - highly political environment
    - use GE's Rank & Yank methodology to supposedly get a higher performing workforce by firing the bottom x percent of employees per department. As a result, instead of collaborating on solving problems, people have the incentive to back-stab and prevent their colleagues from being ranked higher than they are. Enter cesspool!
    - the pay is poor but better than another major competitor.
    - the insurance could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop throwing your people under the bus. The genius plan of rank and yank makes is actually hurting your company.

Plenty of room for career growth, leader in the industry, strong emphasis on financial growth of the company as a whole.

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsProud to be part of the organization. Extreme knowledgebase within the company. Our teams work hard and build quality databases. Our growth surpasses all competitors in the industry. No better place to be if you want stability in your career path.

ConsNo room for slackers here, we are heads down and we do our jobs well. Not necessarily a Con, but for some people it may be.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, no better reason to stay with a company who is growing, making money, and taking care of their employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work and gain experience in the industry

Schaumburg, IL

ProsThe people would be the main reason this company is successful. That goes not only for their personality, but their ability to come up with creative solutions to problems. I have only been here a short time, but have yet to come across a situation where I or anyone around me has been treated unfairly. In Schaumburg at least, we focus on hiring very intelligent, technical people that also have the ability to interact well with our clients. Doing this, sets the tone for the rest of the office.
    The salaries here are fair and in some cases higher than our direct competitors. The benefits are about average for the industry, but we still do offer a strong 401K match which is becoming more rare unfortunately.
    Free pastry and fruit breakfast on Thursdays!

ConsWith a company growing as quickly as this one, you do get people that are working very hard to meet our goals. Many employees will work extra hours to get their work done, but I believe this is done to meet our goals and I have seen the company focus on bringing in more staff to help us with our needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a good staff of people working hard to meet the demands of our clients. While there is a bonus offered to people at director level and up, it would be good to see the rest of the staff offered an annual bonus.

Great people to work with....Poor Management

Schaumburg, IL

ProsGreat co-workers to work with.
    Work from home flexibility.
    3 weeks beginning vacation.

ConsManagement is not in touch with co-workers.
    Pay below standard.
    Unexpected work hours.
    No growth potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for people. Treat them as assest instead of commodity.

Great People Not so great senior leadership

Database Developer (Former Employee)

Pros* Great co-workers: Knowledgeable, friendly, and kind hearted
    * Vacation of 3 weeks above average
    * Very flexible with working from home and taking time off to take care of personal business

Cons* Salary below industry standard and way below for the work expected
    * Merit increases almost non-existant
    * Growth meant more responsibility and work for the same salary
    * 60-80 hours were expected with 24 hour support
    * Equipment was substandard for the type of work required
    * Projects were dangerously understaffed

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to invest in their employees and stop thinking about the bottom line. That means a good work-life balance, projects that are reasonably staffed, and equipment that isn't worse than my 5 year old personal laptop that I bought for $400. Rewarding your best employees by making them work more instead of giving them more salary is not career advancement nor are they going to stick around.

Worked for Epsilon? Contribute to the Community!

Epsilon Videos

Epsilon – Why Work for Us?

Epsilon is the global leader in delivering meaningful direct to- consumer connections that drive performance. Focused on customer management and customer engagement, Epsilon delivers end-to-end solutions to fit the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epsilon reviews and ratings in Schaumburg, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Epsilon CEO Bryan Kennedy. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Epsilon employees.