Epsilon

Updated November 3, 2014
3.1

Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is said to be important but I think that depends on your supervisor (in 19 reviews)

• Your allowed to work from home when you are sick (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload to staff ratio lacks balance, making work/life balance nearly impossible (in 28 reviews)

• The HR team would ask managers to not blame on upper management but tell the employees they got what deserved which is not true (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

46 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good people and culture. The culture is very relaxed and collaborative. Definitely a great place to work in!

Cons

There aren't too many cons in this company. I would ask about the turn over rate during your interview.

Keep doing what you are doing well. I would suggest increasing the ESPP as well as implement a dividend program for stakeholders and employees moving forward.

Epsilon IT

Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great room for growth. You will never be bored. If you are hardworking and willing to learn, there are virtually no limits to what you can learn.

Cons

The expectations for IT employees are FAR too high. With an outrageous Server to Admin ratio of almost 800:1 the amount of work is almost unattainable for the Admins that we have.

Hire more server Administrators, provide more competitive salaries as well as annual bonuses and raises.

Sr Database Developer

Current Employee - Senior Database Developer in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Database Developer in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

excellent work life balance
    company is very stable and is making progress and becoming leader in database marketing

Cons

dosent seem to use new technology
    need to make more effort to retain talent
    salary raise and bonus is very poor

need to train present employees to new technology

High growth, stable company with incredible people!

Current Employee - Manager in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is in high growth mode both organically and through acquisition which creates many internal opportunities. The people are among the most collaborative and conscientious I have ever worked with. Onsite gyms and cafés in most locations. Investing heavily in hiring and training new college grads. Compensation and benefits are very competitive, plus there is an excellent 401k matching, tuition reimbursement and employee stock purchase plan.

Cons

Due to the fast growth and number of acquisitions, the company is not as cohesive as it could be. Some facilities and internal technology needs upgrading.

Would like to see more of the large company profits shared with employees.

Business Systems Analyst

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Epsilon is a company full of great people. The pay is competitive to industry standard and if you do your job, raises should come mid-year and promotions at EOY.

Cons

Upper management should do more to encourage more of a team environment.

Some accounts are extremely overworked. The resources assigned for a particular project are often not sufficient, and PMs are hesitant to push back on client expectations, timelines.

Great opportunities but Epsilon lacks competitive pay

Current Employee - Project Manager in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of great opportunities, many people are wonderful in terms of wanting to give you the experience that you are looking for. Most people are great to work with and are generally sincere. There's a great team environment. There's too much work and not enough people, so you won't need to worry about losing your job due to lack of business.

Cons

Epsilon does not pay competitive enough for those who are promoted within the company. I've been at Epsilon for 6+ years and was promoted several times, but my pay raise is very low compared to the market rate. I am making less than my direct report and expected to be responsible for many more things than my direct. I do not always feel that I am being compensated for the value that I provide for the company.

Epsilon is making a lot of money. We took a 5% pay cut that set me back 2 years in terms of what I was making. Now that Epsilon is making money, those that had the pay cut should be compensated for it. Epsilon should make sure employees are compensated in order to try to retain talent. I have seen many great & talented people leave Epsilon the last several years just due to salary. Other places are paying at about 20% more than what Epsilon is paying.

Very educating

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great office atmosphere and you learn a lot about databases which are the forefront to most marketing strategies this day.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Great Place with lots of opportunity. You need to be willing to work long hours

Current Employee - Platform Delivery in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Platform Delivery in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunity if you’re willing to put in the hours. Management knows the work life balance is not always there and will recognize employees for their efforts. Will give employees the opportunity to succeed

Cons

Management knows they work their employees hard and will recognize them for their efforts, but do nothing to address the core problem which would be to hire ahead of the curve. Benefits are not up to par with other fortune 500 company.

GREAT place to work

Current Employee - Associate in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Associate in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company, transparency from senior leadership, business casual dress code (includes jeans!), ability to work from home, fun people, things are always changing.

Cons

The company is growing so fast it's hard to keep up.

Make sure to take time to integrate with acquired companies before acquiring another. Continue the "One Epsilon" initiative - it's helping!

Why bother going to the office?

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You will certainly be exposed to a lot of Oracle and unix script development. Good place to brush up on your skill set.

Cons

So called teams are just people supporting the same customer but doing very different things. No sharing of knowledge between developers on different teams. I felt like I was on my own most of time. Most contacts were "working from home". Whole days were spent without actually talking to a co-worker face to face. Health insurance is expensive and not very good.

Create knowledge sharing teams, especially among IT staff. There must be a lot of re-inventing of the wheel. Very inefficient. A lot of wasted effort right now.