Equant

Be The First To
Add Photos

Equant CEO of Orange Business Services Vivek Badrinath

Vivek Badrinath

Great benefits but salary doesn't increase

New York, NY

I have been working at Equant

ProsBest reasons to work at Equant are the multitude of opportunities to work in a global environment. Also work and life balance is fairly well rooted in the company's culture.
Our health and welfare benefits are really top-notch, We also can work from home most days of the week, and best of all, the job is interesting because we get to work with people from a variety of countries and backgrounds. Depending on the business unit you could get access to good training courses (they also offer training in other areas, such as the soft skills , negociating stratregies , etc.)

ConsDownsides are the disparities in salaries and packages across the countries and the companies that are part of Orange Business Services. Also the are no strict process in career development and promotions. The way Equant interlocks with other parts of the FT group (eg. France Telecom) does not allow the company to growth as much as it could.
Salaries have not been keeping up with inflation in the US. We also can work long or irregular hours, given the nature of the business. That is all part of the territory for this business , and as long as you manage your customer's expectations, it is for the most part , easy to get along.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is hard to find people who are dedicated and have all the necessary skills to work in this field. For this reason, I think we should pay our front line (customer-facing) staff better . We still need to have our salaries audited now and then to make sure they are keeping pace with the industry and with cost of living standards.

Love the job, wish it paid a little better !

Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equant

ProsOur health and welfare benefits are really top-notch, I've got Dental Vision and good medical coverage as well are offered through our group plan , with Connecticut General . We also can work from home most days of the week, and best of all , the job is interesting becuase we get to work with people from a variety of countries and backgrounds. There have been many good training courses, you can study to be a CCIE, or learn about numerous network solutions which the company offers , they also offer training in other areas, such as the soft skills , negociating stratregies , etc.

ConsDespite a small increase recently , on the whole , Salaries have not been keeping up with inflation in the US . I don't know if employess in other regions face this issue, but here in the Northeast , it is quite irksome to know that we haven't had a substantail raise in 5 years! We also can work long or irregular hours, given the nature of the business.(network support) . That is all part of the territory for this business , and as long as you manage your customer's expectations, it is for the most part , easy to get along.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is hard to find people who are dedicated and have all the necessary skills to work in this field. For this reason, I think we should pay our front line (customer-facing) staff better . In this aspect , there are some people who say that the US support staff are treated like second class citizens, and I think in one aspect, it may be true- we don't have strong labor unions , as they do in Europe, is, however, that said-. Just because we don't have labor unions , we still need to have our salaries audited now and then to make sure they are keeping pace with the industry and with cost of living standards .

Satisfied at Equant

Project Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Equant

ProsGreat benefits. Definitely opportunity for career advancement for those willing to take a chance and be assertive

ConsFrance Telecom Buyout still taking far too long to iron out the corporate marriage

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees more of an idea of which direction the company is headed

Project Manager

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Equant full-time for more than a year

ProsWorkbalance. Work from home in the office. International Salary

ConsLot of work. Worked in different time zones.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess management and more productive people.

Cool employer

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at Equant full-time for more than a year

ProsNice health insurance and good people

ConsExternals, no france access at all

Advice to Senior ManagementBe better in handling situation

Chaotic, overstaffed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Equant for more than 5 years

ProsNice pay, loads ov internal development opty.

ConsFrequent management changes, badly organized, overpromise, underdeliver

excelent

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

I have been working at Equant full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork on b2b is an adventure and even more when you work in a multinational in the you know different cultures and work in a comfortable, friendly, direct, honest, proactive.

ConsGrowth is possible, however sometimes looks a bit limited because usually people who are in the following positions have much time engaging them. What is not all bad because it speaks well of the little rotation at top management levels.

Advice to Senior Managementgood

Bad !!!! Because of Team Lead with no leading quality

Customer Service Management (Former Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Equant full-time for more than a year

ProsGood if you believe repetitive work will help you in long run.

ConsCompany came in 2006.They are in restructuring phase, downsizing head counts, cost cutting focused wherever they can.Politics soar everywhere.

Employee are either made to leave or they leave themselves because of their unnecessary policies.Job is insecure.

They are least bothered about your career path.In-fact, if you discuss that in person and they will know you are not good for company in long run, you become the target now.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are left with no choice but to listen their Team Leads.

Reason - Team Lead always sails on safe boat.He take advantage of process to answer their upper management or put it on lower staff. That leads to bad team atmosphere and bad Team Lead upon employee.
Team Lead if points finger to some employee, one finger should always be raised towards him. So, that next time he would not find it easy to just pass his headache to Manager.

MHS/CTS2 Technical support team

MHS/CTS2 Team Technical Support Team (Current Employee)
Cairo (Egypt)

ProsDiverse technologies
Hand on experience with the equipments
Process for everything
Career path builder

Cons**** Has a few actually.

Enjoyed working with the company

Change Release Management (Current Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Equant full-time for more than a year

ProsGood work life balance as work pressure is minimum.
Good exposure to technical aspects of the particular domain.
Good to express your views as it will be recognized and if possible will be brought into consideration.

ConsLess salary increment in the year end apprasials

Advice to Senior ManagementThink for the individuals as well and not always for over all company prospects.

Worked for Equant? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equant reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Equant CEO Vivek Badrinath. All 43 reviews posted anonymously by Equant employees.