Equant Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Equant is a great place for someone to establish a strong career path and provide a long term employment opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Solution Architect in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Solution Architect in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Equant

Pros

Being a global company, Equant represents many opportunities for career growth as well as the potential for travel and international relocation. Equant is a highly regarded service provider within their customer base and the telecoms market as a whole and has a relatively low turnover based on the benefits and work environment.

Cons

There are no real standout issues associated with working for Equant other than the challenges of working in a competitive industry. This however is also one of the biggest upsides is that no particular day is ever the same.

Advice to Management

Always be focused on providing feedback to employees and ensuring that all have the opportunity to build a career path.

Equant (Orange) is a political minefield

Former Employee - Customer Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Equant

Pros

Good medical, dental, vision and 401K benefits. Awesome tuition reimbursement package (100% paid, with unlimited amounts). Fair training package, with opportunities to attend training in international locations. Nice rank and file employees. Interview was fairly easy. Good opportunities to meet colleagues from international locations, due to the international nature of the company. During my tenure there, I traveled to Paris, Hong Kong, Sydney, Singapore, London and numerous citiies in the US and Canada. I enjoy traveling, so this portion of the job was great ! I still keep in contact with many of my ex-colleagues that I met while at Equant.

Cons

Very political environment, which decides your advancement and success in the company. Managed by an 'old boys club', if you are in, you will be successful; if not, you won't be. Wide range of salary and compensation packages (even for the same positions in the same location), probably determined by your political connections to the 'old boys club'. Salaries are NOT audited by any external agency and I knew of some staff who were being paid less than their salary grade provided guidance on. No teamwork among employees and morale was very poor. Unprofessional (backstabbing, stealing credit) working environment with incompetent middle and senior level management. Corporate culture was bureaucratic (similar to a government organization), sometimes taking weeks for decisions on basic items. Poor career advancement unless you were politically well connected in the organization. I was 'pigeon holed' in my position as a CPM and could not promote or transfer to other positions, so I eventually left. Work load was not managed on a fair or equitable basis. Not recognized as a 'technologically advanced' company by the industry.

Advice to Management

Cut out all of the bureaucracy, and have your company run like a 'real' 21st century company.

Great benefits but salary doesn't increase

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Equant

Pros

Best reasons to work at Equant are the multitude of opportunities to work in a global environment. Also work and life balance is fairly well rooted in the company's culture.
    Our health and welfare benefits are really top-notch, We also can work from home most days of the week, and best of all, the job is interesting because we get to work with people from a variety of countries and backgrounds. Depending on the business unit you could get access to good training courses (they also offer training in other areas, such as the soft skills , negociating stratregies , etc.)

Cons

Downsides are the disparities in salaries and packages across the countries and the companies that are part of Orange Business Services. Also the are no strict process in career development and promotions. The way Equant interlocks with other parts of the FT group (eg. France Telecom) does not allow the company to growth as much as it could.
    Salaries have not been keeping up with inflation in the US. We also can work long or irregular hours, given the nature of the business. That is all part of the territory for this business , and as long as you manage your customer's expectations, it is for the most part , easy to get along.

Advice to Management

It is hard to find people who are dedicated and have all the necessary skills to work in this field. For this reason, I think we should pay our front line (customer-facing) staff better . We still need to have our salaries audited now and then to make sure they are keeping pace with the industry and with cost of living standards.

Love the job, wish it paid a little better !

Current Employee - Telecommunications Manager
    Current Employee - Telecommunications Manager

I have been working at Equant

Pros

Our health and welfare benefits are really top-notch, I've got Dental Vision and good medical coverage as well are offered through our group plan , with Connecticut General . We also can work from home most days of the week, and best of all , the job is interesting becuase we get to work with people from a variety of countries and backgrounds. There have been many good training courses, you can study to be a CCIE, or learn about numerous network solutions which the company offers , they also offer training in other areas, such as the soft skills , negociating stratregies , etc.

Cons

Despite a small increase recently , on the whole , Salaries have not been keeping up with inflation in the US . I don't know if employess in other regions face this issue, but here in the Northeast , it is quite irksome to know that we haven't had a substantail raise in 5 years! We also can work long or irregular hours, given the nature of the business.(network support) . That is all part of the territory for this business , and as long as you manage your customer's expectations, it is for the most part , easy to get along.

Advice to Management

It is hard to find people who are dedicated and have all the necessary skills to work in this field. For this reason, I think we should pay our front line (customer-facing) staff better . In this aspect , there are some people who say that the US support staff are treated like second class citizens, and I think in one aspect, it may be true- we don't have strong labor unions , as they do in Europe, is, however, that said-. Just because we don't have labor unions , we still need to have our salaries audited now and then to make sure they are keeping pace with the industry and with cost of living standards .

6. Satisfied at Equant

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Equant

Pros

Great benefits. Definitely opportunity for career advancement for those willing to take a chance and be assertive

Cons

France Telecom Buyout still taking far too long to iron out the corporate marriage

Advice to Management

Give employees more of an idea of which direction the company is headed

7. Great work environment

Current Employee - Presales in Cairo (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Presales in Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at Equant full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

diversity in opportunities in big centers (Egypt have one)
    annual salary review that adjust your compensation to inflation

Cons

you can get stuck to the operational teams for long time, hence next move has to be out of the company

8. It was fruitful

I have been working at Equant

Pros

The benefits that an employee receive in terms of insurance etc is really helpful. Human resources usually cater for the employees really well. And the environment to work in is great

Cons

The salary is not really that great compared to what other people are earning abroad doing the same job. Apart from that, i think everything else is great.

9. Good service portfolio and good office location

Former Employee - Sales in Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - Sales in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at Equant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The job Environment is International and a lot of international teaming.
    The company got a
    Large portfolio of products and services and even international services
    Nice hq location in Moscow

Cons

More process oriented than business
    Depending on management of course but past time it has become a too much focus which is not the best to focus on business

Advice to Management

See above

10. 2.5 exp. ccna ccnp

I have been working at Equant

Pros

Brand salary appraisal environment everything you expect

Cons

Depends on your project and TL ����

Advice to Management

Nil

11. Should have been better

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Equant (More than a year)

Pros

Travel and training and meeting International colleagues
    I can't write up to 20 words sorry

Cons

Having a shift partner that clocks in and sneaks off on night shift to meet her boyfriend and go clubbing

Advice to Management

Do NOT pair a delinquent older than me who should be setting the example and not the other way round
    You destroy careers and lives.
    Idiots.