Equifax
www.equifax.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Equifax Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014
Equifax – West Des Moines – “Datavision now Equifax office 4300 Westown Prkwy”

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith

Rick Smith

Pros:
  • "They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Stable company with good benefits"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "CEO and senior management are bullies and needs a lesson in humility"
    in 12 reviews
  • "lack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Work for a small division (Ixi) new management is clueless. No understanding of the value proposition.

I have been working at Equifax

ProsFlexibility. Benefits are good. Older employees are keeping the place going. Pay day happens every two weeks. Not many pros other than getting paid.

ConsLots of turnover. No new product development. High sales quotas relative to opportunity. Product offerings stale. President is full of himself and will not engage with employees. Morale is very low and nearly everyone is looking for new opportunity. Revenue is declining

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in this business or sell it. President has taken away the morale of this business.

fgj

I have been working at Equifax full-time

Prosa good conservative company with alot of growth potential. good culture and dedicated workforce

Constoo many management people. Need more workers than managers. Alot of unnecessary overhead.

Advice to Senior Managementgj

Good company to work for with a changing culture to the positive

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible schedules, good pay, decent benefits. I have had great career growth with Equifax.

ConsBudgeting process is a joke, company like to act like a single entity corporation when it's still badly fragmented within each region from a budgeting and IT perspective.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the budgeting process actually mean something and work on creating a better environment for international cooperation.

Good career growth opportunities

Senior Statistician (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLearn and apply credit data, variety of projects, big data, customer work.

ConsCompany too focused on revenue, shareholders, no true innovation and no investment on people or infrastructure for the future, only short term, revenue based investments.

Advice to Senior ManagementProper tools and infrastructure is a good motivator for statisticians that want to excel and produce good work without being bound by lack of tools, lack of space.

Good product company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Equifax full-time

ProsGood exposure to data solutions.

ConsNot much growth with in the company

Great people who try really hard but mid-level management can't get out of their way

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork autonomously; trusted to do my job
Co-workers are good people
Well paid for my position
Investors are happy and company is financially sound

ConsNot given the latest technology to do our jobs.
Systems are not kept up to date
No long term software solution vision; implementations just meet the current need
No enterprise wide software tools; all silo-ed solutions
No employee training programs for new technology.
No path for promotion. New skills are hired from outside not trained from inside.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the employees you have and invest in them to grow with your company.
Start looking for enterprise wide solutions for internal systems
Online presence and web functionality customers should be better.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good growth prospect if you network and know people inside.

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood bonus and pay. Cannot think of anything else.

Conslack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded. Lot of incompetent people get promoted due to their networking and knowing the "right people". Absolute lack of job related training.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut down the reorgs and favoritisms. Employees are losing faith in the upper management due to the lack of transparency

Driving Technology for a Small Division of EFX headquartered in St. Louis

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's a job and pays well. Lots of flexibility.

ConsSr. Management lacks transparency. Organizational changes don't get communicated at all. Merit/Talent/Capability not put into decisions for changes, rather who you know and if you blindly follow what Sr. Management asks you to do. Scant regard for new ideas/concepts. Outdated technology and no thought put to strategize & implement technology for the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent evaluation is a joke. Give opportunities to individuals that can bring about change based on the talent of individuals, as opposed to playing favors to just long time lieutenants.

It was not what I expected.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLots of opportunity to move positions and career growth available

ConsDon't really care about the People...more interested in the numbers.

Running far ... far away.

Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Equifax as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat place for an internship to put on my resume and helps open up doors to another position.

The renovations are nice. Its a good thing they are *finally* doing something nice for the employees ... I guess they figured that they won't be able to attract ANY talent in the barren cubicle wasteland which they had beforehand.

ConsControlling management which does not trust its employees. Complete lack of communication between EVERYONE. This place has a HUGE collaboration problem, both on a social level and a technical level. "Meritocracy" is another name for kissing butt and falling in line with your manager. EVERYTHING is a 'standard process', and if it isn't then it is turned into one. COMPLETE lack of innovation ... and its 100% management's fault. Ironically, they are looking at ways to "streamline innovation". I think that this is possible, just not at this company.

There is a huge "us versus them" culture here. Most employees seem too afraid to propose new ideas or lead any real change in fear of losing their job. 95% of the employees are married, have kids, and truly only want a job which provides stability.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement knows what they have to do ... they have to change the culture. They've allowed so many teams to build huge fortresses in their technology to prevent them being removed, and these very people who are resistant to innovation, growth and change are absoluteness killing the company. How should they go about fixing the company? I'm not sure ... but it truly is in their best interest to figure it out.

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equifax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Equifax CEO Rick Smith. All 169 reviews posted anonymously by Equifax employees.