Equifax

www.equifax.com

Equifax Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Equifax – West Des Moines – “Datavision now Equifax office 4300 Westown Prkwy”

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith

Rick Smith

Pros
  • They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance(in 18 reviews)

• Supportive, Good Benefits with solid products and diversification(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • CEO and senior management are bullies and needs a lesson in humility(in 13 reviews)

• lack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded(in 8 reviews)

Hamster running in wheel. Office workers beware!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are good. A few of the workers were nice.

ConsMicromanaged. Felt like I was in prison. High stress and very little recognition for a job that requires 110% of your time and energy. No room for advancement unless you know someone in Upper Management. Terrible morale

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what goes on in the lower departments - some of which are the backbone of the company Play 'undercover boss' in your company and see what you find. You'll have a new-found appreciation for us 'little people' and maybe you'll implement some policies to ensure these people don't feel so neglected and forgotten. They work very hard for very little reward.

Great people who try really hard but mid-level management can't get out of their way

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsWork autonomously; trusted to do my job
    Co-workers are good people
    Well paid for my position
    Investors are happy and company is financially sound

ConsNot given the latest technology to do our jobs.
    Systems are not kept up to date
    No long term software solution vision; implementations just meet the current need
    No enterprise wide software tools; all silo-ed solutions
    No employee training programs for new technology.
    No path for promotion. New skills are hired from outside not trained from inside.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the employees you have and invest in them to grow with your company.
    Start looking for enterprise wide solutions for internal systems
    Online presence and web functionality customers should be better.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Driving Technology for a Small Division of EFX headquartered in St. Louis

ProsIt's a job and pays well. Lots of flexibility.

ConsSr. Management lacks transparency. Organizational changes don't get communicated at all. Merit/Talent/Capability not put into decisions for changes, rather who you know and if you blindly follow what Sr. Management asks you to do. Scant regard for new ideas/concepts. Outdated technology and no thought put to strategize & implement technology for the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent evaluation is a joke. Give opportunities to individuals that can bring about change based on the talent of individuals, as opposed to playing favors to just long time lieutenants.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was not what I expected.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsLots of opportunity to move positions and career growth available

ConsDon't really care about the People...more interested in the numbers.

Running far ... far away.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsGreat place for an internship to put on my resume and helps open up doors to another position.

The renovations are nice. Its a good thing they are *finally* doing something nice for the employees ... I guess they figured that they won't be able to attract ANY talent in the barren cubicle wasteland which they had beforehand.

ConsControlling management which does not trust its employees. Complete lack of communication between EVERYONE. This place has a HUGE collaboration problem, both on a social level and a technical level. "Meritocracy" is another name for kissing butt and falling in line with your manager. EVERYTHING is a 'standard process', and if it isn't then it is turned into one. COMPLETE lack of innovation ... and its 100% management's fault. Ironically, they are looking at ways to "streamline innovation". I think that this is possible, just not at this company.

There is a huge "us versus them" culture here. Most employees seem too afraid to propose new ideas or lead any real change in fear of losing their job. 95% of the employees are married, have kids, and truly only want a job which provides stability.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement knows what they have to do ... they have to change the culture. They've allowed so many teams to build huge fortresses in their technology to prevent them being removed, and these very people who are resistant to innovation, growth and change are absoluteness killing the company. How should they go about fixing the company? I'm not sure ... but it truly is in their best interest to figure it out.

Good company,

ProsSolid company with strong senior leadership.

ConsGenerally prefer to hire from outside the organization, no clear career paths, may have to look elsewhere to advance your career.

Find another job

Customer Service (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Prosnot the type of job you have to take home and continue working

ConsAttendance policy, cell phone policy, having to work like a slave

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire people and go around looking for reasons to fire them if you don't have the budget to keep them

Highly Disappointed. Looked at the reviews before taking the job, but I felt-I can handle it.WRONG!!! TRY IT IF YOU WANT

IT Operations (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsIt looked like everything is absolutely great including the pay until week 1. I was wrong, I should not have left my old job. There are no pros.

Cons1. Abundant discouragement
    2. Poor Leadership
    3. Too many "Deceiving" consultants
    4. Too much work politics
    5. Too much "Micro-Management"
    6. VPs do not care about Individual contributors and are left to die in hands of Directors (Managers)
    7. Your opinion doesnt matter. Only Contractor's and managers opinions matters
    8. Lack of Friendly atmosphere
    9. Too much stress / pressure on employees
    10. I Love Indian food and India, but the people I worked with are rediculous and stupid. They lack the basic knowledge of English and they try to dominate with their 'this stuff is too cool to be true' ideas. Consultants are meant to help the full time employees, but in Equifax, the definition is vice versa.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement knows everything, I guess this company is in deep trouble that they cannot come out of, atleast in next 10 years. I dont have any advice to management other than go for Chapter 11 to come out of this mess. If you look at the news, there are a lot of law suites on this company.

20+ years at Equifax in sales

Sales Management (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCustomer focused, employee focused, a little old school in human approach, but conservative cutting edge in its investment in technololy

ConsConservative approach to razor's edge technology keeps EFX off the forefront

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to create a GE at EFX, but embrace world class analytics and tech.

Needs a stronger process improvement method in place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Proscertain benefits and perks
    cafeteria on site

Conswork/life balance
    pay
    vacation time
    benefits are expensive for this to be a multi-billion dollar company

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is by far well known for their products and services they provide with information services. However, from behind the scenes, the company is operating as if the year was 1983 whether than 2013. Several processes and integration methods needs to revised and updated IMMEDIATELY. While understanding that outsourcing to another country may be cost efficient from a business prospective, I don't believe this company should be one of those companies.

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!