Equifax Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Verifications Specialist

I worked at Equifax full-time

Pros

Steady employment, benefits. Paid time off has to be repaid by working til the end of each year.

Cons

Office cleanliness and insect issues. The insect issue was addressed by management, but the residual insecticide caused allergy sensitive people to get sick

Advice to Management

Clean the air ducts in the office and the cubicles. Stop using the insecticide.

2. Outstanding Company!

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Equifax is a truly fantastic company to work for. I started in 2010 and have not even thought about looking for another company to work for during that time. Equifax is continually growing and seeking out ways to help their employees better their careers. My colleagues are top-notch and the leadership team is strong. I am thankful to have found such a great company to be a part of!

Cons

As with any company, there are things that Equifax is continually working to improve on, but overall I believe they do an excellent job and I don't have any specific cons or complaints.

3. Very Strange Environment.

Pros

Great job on paper. Good benefits and pretty good pay.

Cons

Is anyone remotely happy here? Equifax will make you a great offer, but wave goodbye to joy. Strange that everyone has been with the company for 10+ years and they just walk around glassyeyed and dead inside. It's the easiest job I've had by far (Account Manager) but wow is it boring. The people who have been around forever act like they are at home not at work. Very High School.

Advice to Management

Smile once and awhile. Maybe lose the managers that have been there for decades and hire some personality.

5. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lot's of change and growth which opens up opportunities for advancement. Great work-life balance, very competitive pay. Leadership has heart and tries to always "do the right thing". CEO is a true visionary.

Cons

Management is not as transparent and we have a trickle down approach to communication in some parts of the company which leads to inconsistent messaging.

Wonderful company in exciting times

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Even though this is a 100 year old company, we are NOT old. Equifax has changed the way we think and have grasped on to new technology and new thinking. Equifax empowers their employees and it makes a huge difference to not go through so much red tape. We can get things done as we're empowered. The people are awesome and really want Equifax to succeed. This is a very diverse company and welcomes new/diverse ideas.

Cons

Office space is over crowded and basically no privacy at all.

Solid Management Team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management team is focused on growing the company and increasing shareholder value. Stock price has more than quadrupled in my relatively short time with the company.

Cons

Very focused on growth, not as focused on maintaining the systems that are already in the environment. Lacks process maturity in key technical areas.

Advice to Management

Simplify the organization of your IT environment. Too many silos and too many decision makers operating independently vs working together for common goals.

LOVE my Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Equifax full-time

Pros

Well paid for the work. Some not all positions receive bonuses which are generous. Most direct bosses are fair and equal. Equifax promotes from within and has in place training standards that allow you to move up and vertically. This company promotes on merit and training not on gender, race etc. Equifax will help pay for additional higher education. Most positions require college degree.

Cons

Most positions require a college degree, which in some cases I believe overlooks some valuable employees due to lack of degree. This keeps some mature employees from joining Equifax and does not always just look at experience.

Advice to Management

To keep up the great attitude that employees do matter and we as the collective are the ones that get the job done and keep Equifax moving forward.

9. Equifax is a good company to work for. They have great services and good people.

Current Employee - Mid Market Regional Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Mid Market Regional Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you do well, the financial reward is great. The people are great to work with as well.

Cons

At times, it can seem that the internal processes and communication between departments are a challenge.

Advice to Management

The Director position is kept busy with too many meetings. They don't have enough time to focus on their people.

10. Good place to work

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management tries to engage with employees.

Cons

They would rather see their experienced employees leave than pay the same pay as someone off the street who does not know the company.

Advice to Management

Follow through with what you say. Improve communication.

Support to Perform Optimally

Current Employee - Senior Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Atlanta, GA

Pros

* True Career Development Path * Access to a vast array of training related to position, products, and services * Exceptional Management structure that provides clear direction and support * Great teams of individuals to work collaboratively with and learn from * Great corporate culture/values with support within communities * Great benefits

Cons

I literally have no negative aspects to talk about with this company. It is one of the best opportunities I have had in my career.

RSS Feed </> Embed