Equinix Reviews

Reset
3.7
Equinix President & CEO Stephen M. Smith
Stephen M. Smith

Pros
  • Great benefits and decent wages (in 5 reviews)

• Great business model poised for continued success (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is lauded by top executives, but in reality, it's frowned upon (in 5 reviews)

• Global growing pains and resistance to change creates tension (in 8 reviews)

1. The grass is greener!!

I have been working at Equinix full-time

Pros

During the interview process I would ask everyone, "Why Equinix?". The common answer was the people and the culture and they could not be more correct. Everyone from recruiting, interviewing, on boarding and the departments I deal with on a daily basis make this statement true. Polite, courteous and helpful as well as go above and beyond to make you feel welcome to the company. They talk about being transparent and they are. Information is power and they believe in sharing it openly. Great work life balance and offsite events are planned for employees to know that they are valued. The CEO and the executive team are visible, accessible and provide frequent communications.

Cons

I have not found any yet and don't expect to!!

Advice to Management

For those of us who work outside of the Red Wood City office, but do have to visit there, there is a disparity in the perks that the Corporate employees receive and what the offices get to enjoy. Make an effort to make all the offices feel they are as coveted and valued as HQ employees.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Fast growth. Company is rapidly expanding through organic and acquisitions. Refining route to markets and product offerings. Market leader in their niche.

Cons

Fast growth. Lots of missteps as they try to build organization for future growth. Limited career upward mobility. Most mid-level management positions filed with new hires.

Advice to Management

Recommend more management by wandering around.

Aug 18, 2015 – Equinix

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience with us. Here at Equinix we are proud to be recognized by Forbes and Deloitte as a rapidly growing technology company in ... More

3. Place to do the best work of your career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Equinix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and culture. Some of the best executives I've ever worked with because of their intelligence, spirit of fun and real integrity. The company invests in developing employees and creating an effective working enviornment for every person to do their best work.

Cons

Fast pace! High standards. Be ready to work hard and be personally invested in building your team and maintaining the values of the culture.

Advice to Management

While exciting to be a the center of so many trends that the possibilities are endless, prioritize at the executive level to align the teams and manage the workload.

Aug 25, 2015 – Equinix

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for sharing both your personal experience and feedback with us. We appreciate the spirit in your review and hope you will inspire others with ... More

Talent Acquisition

Pros

Every single person is warm and welcoming! People really go out of their way to make sure you are on-boarding well. The growth is eye opening and the potential the expand your career is second to none. I look forward to my future with Equinix!

Cons

Nothing at this time and hopefully there won't be!

Advice to Management

Keep the eyes on the Target. Do not ignore any new ideas or concepts!

Aug 25, 2015 – Equinix

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts with us. We appreciate your positive outlook and look forward to having you grow your career here at Equinix.

Business Development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Equinix (More than a year)

Pros

Culture and Environment were the best I've ever experienced.

Cons

Management was supportive, my last 6 months have not been very easy/pleasant.

Advice to Management

Change Management completely

Aug 13, 2015 – Equinix

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always great to hear when our culture and work environment resonate deeply with our employees. Thanks for being part of the magic.

Incredible Culture

Pros

Equinix has the best culture out of anywhere I have worked. The culture is not hierarchical and includes everyone. Managers are working to protect the culture as the company grows and increase benefits to employees as well.

Cons

The company is becoming more global and growing at a rapid pace. As a result, the company is having some growing pains - which is to be expected. But overall a very solid place to work!

Advice to Management

Continue investing in employee development - people make this company a great place to work. The people are our greatest investment and opportunity.

Aug 13, 2015 – Equinix

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you have found a home within the culture at Equinix. We also appreciate your advice regarding employee development ... More

An excellent company

Current Employee - IBX Network Technician in Lodi, NJ
    Current Employee - IBX Network Technician in Lodi, NJ

I have been working at Equinix (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid/stable company with a growing future. Competitive pay/benefits. Lots of training classes and things to learn, not boring. I've been in this industry for 15 years and this is the best company that I have ever worked for.

Cons

The only cons that I could think of are going to be the same at any company you could work for. You might not always get along and mesh well with every single person in the company but that is to be expected anywhere here on planet Earth. People love to complain in this (cons) section but Equinix really is a great company.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to not let the people you are managing take advantage of the company or other employee's by not doing their fair share of work. There are people that call out frequently and simply are not hardworking go-getters. I would trim the fat if I was in charge.

Aug 13, 2015 – Equinix

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your time at Equinix and hope you will take advantage of the many training classes and benefits that Equinix ... More

Manager

I have been working at Equinix full-time

Pros

Great energy here where employees can make real changes.

Cons

The path to advancement has a bottleneck at the VP stage. It becomes hard for mid-management to be promoted.

Aug 13, 2015 – Equinix

Thank you for writing a review and sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your positive outlook and hope you will continue to be an energy supplier at Equinix, using your energy to make real ... More

Data Science

Pros

Great company to work in, people are friendly and always willing to help. The internship program is well structured with proper guidelines and stretchable goals that one can achieve. Along with this, the company provides an opportunity to work in a side - project in a different vertical which is optional though. Lot of events, sessions of speakers like CEO, CIO, CTO sharing their experience gives valuable insights about how the company have grown over the year.

Cons

Work culture at HQ differs from other offices. Be prepared to work hard since at the end of internship period their is a presentation of the work you have done. Salary on a slightly lower side.

Advice to Management

Great work. I hope the internship program remains the same in the near future. Interns are paid less with respect to the efforts they put in.

Aug 17, 2015 – Equinix

Thank you for your hard work and wonderful contributions as an Equinix intern, and also for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that your enjoyed so many of the great events and ... More

Global Ops Engineering

Current Employee - Director Electrical Reliability Engineering in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Equinix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are a go-getter individual, this is the place to be. Equinix personnel are top performers and the brightest I've ever had the opportunity to work with. The company’s business model keeps evolving and always looking for growth opportunity within the internet business global platform. Thanks to our Board of Directors for having the wisdom and vision to make this company grows into a multi-billion empire, which really makes work even more interesting and challenging

Cons

The company is growing too fast and if not careful in acquiring potential companies. Equinix will loose as a Global leader in Internet Business Exchange platforms and connectivity worldwide..

Advice to Management

All potential acquisitions must be carefully assessed with due diligence before committing company's finances, and please insure to retain top caliber personnel as this is our key to a successful company moving forward..

Aug 17, 2015 – Equinix

Thank you for 10+ years of service, and for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate both your thoughtful insights and willingness to share feedback with us here on Glassdoor, and hope you ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed