Equipment Depot

Equipment Depot Reviews

Updated Apr 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Overall good company to work for. Needs new management.

ProsGood people to work with and excellent benefits.

ConsPay below pay of competitors. Most management horrible at their jobs. Only reason they have jobs in management is good ole boy network.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of most of the management and open advancement opportunities for your excellent employees. You took a great step when you fired the CEO. But why still keep him in a position of power when he about ruined the company? Get rid of the management he put in place they are unqualified.

Bad upper Management

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly coworkers and decent health benefits.

ConsUpper Management is loaded with unqualified people. Most are in their positions because of politics and favoritism.

Pay scales are low for anybody outside of management.

Pay scale increases are rare.

Very little chance to advance your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart focusing on rewarding employees based on abilities. Provide an atmosphere of career development. Abolish the good old boy club in upper management and work towards placing individual that are qualified.

This will be a great turn around story

ProsGreat parent company
    Family oriented culture
    Good leadership

ConsCommunication is still a problem

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel like if we stay on the path we are on this will be one of the best turn around stories ever. New leadership is really making a difference. It is great to see employees so excited again.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice place to work, beware if you are looking for long term relationship

ProsStrong parent company. Good company for short term professional growth, very good work-life balance

ConsNo advancement opportunities, mgmt. is not interested in talent development

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more advancement opportunities, develop your current talent

I thought it was disappointing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome non-management were good to work with.

Consmanagement did not have a clue what was needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to some of the non-management on how things should be done.

Terrible Company and Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsCo-workers are great, paid on time, and checks never bounced.

ConsManagement is dishonest, will tell you one thing to your face, and another behind your back. This company in the PA region is very much a "good ol' boys" type of company, if you step on the wrong toes, even if you are correct in doing so, you become a target. Management unfairly targets employees (3 in my time with them) to cover their own inadequacies. The morale of the employees is one of fear and caution at all times, and is directly linked to the ever present emails about firing people. Be wary of this company, you can become cannon fodder at any given moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease please please for the sake of the people still working in the Mount Laurel branch, take an objective look at the people in management positions, they are (and not from a former upset employee point of view) inadequate, and will continue to drive the branch into the ground. I say I am not disgruntled because 1) I knew it was coming and 2) already had plans in place for what I knew was coming. I just hope that PON starts to take notice of that happenings in the US operation, because if you do not, expect that you will start losing more customers and eventually be forced to close the doors, and put alot of hard working people out of work.

Nice people to work with

AP Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Elgin, IL

ProsI loved the people I worked with. It was a small company so I really felt like family

ConsMerged with the Ohio branch when it was clear we had the better sales. Was not treated fairly when it came to that

Advice to Senior Managementtalk to your employees without them the compnay would not survive

Waste of time,terrible company

Sales (Former Employee)
    Waco, TX

ProsGain experience
    get paid ontime

ConsLow pay compared to competitors
    Management doesnt know what they are doing
    Management doesnt listen
    no matter what you do its not good enough
    no support from the office

Advice to Senior Managementyou are not the first in your industry, quit trying to reinvent the wheel, follow the big boys and you might improve.

Worked for Equipment Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equipment Depot reviews and ratings. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Equipment Depot employees.