Equipment Depot

Its a job

Current Employee - Rental in Dallas, GA
    Current Employee - Rental in Dallas, GA

I have been working at Equipment Depot

Pros

If you are well liked, you have a job for life

Cons

If you do well at your job, you will remain there for life

Hire to your weakness'. Customer service

It was a learning experiance both positive and negative.

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Waco, TX

I worked at Equipment Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was allowed to do special projects, be cause my hiring CPA quit three weeks after I was hired. He was a member of the Texas State Accounting Board Ethics committee he was ordered to make changes he felt were unethical, no compromise was reached so he quit.

Cons

There was constat turnover and no real policies and procedures in place or followed. The company was owne by a company in the Neterlands. The has alwayss been different business plans between European companies and Anerican companies.

There was alwayes a constant reorganization in process. There was excessive turnover and no clear job duties, projects or supervisors. In three years there were three Presedents, two CFOs and and constant and exessive turnover at all levels. The job descriptions were down graded to fit people that had been with the company for a long time. There were 13 CPA's that left or were dismissed so the lesser credentialed people could fit thejob description.

Does not value employees

I have been working at Equipment Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Average benefits Good holiday pay

Cons

A large corporation from the Netherlands acquired forklift dealerships throughout the US and destroyed the success of each dealership. Very poor Management with little regard towards good employees. Management will reward each other with big bonuses meanwhile employees are refused wage increases year after year.

CEO needs to fire all of the good ole boys that were handed Management roles. The company needs to infuse qualified Managers or the company will die

Low pay, relaxed environment, poor management.

I have been working at Equipment Depot

Pros

There is a pretty relaxed environment. Their pay is ok. There are some cool people. They take care of shop equipment fairly quickly.

Cons

Low pay compared to the market. Management plays favorites indiscreetly, so good luck if you are not in the "in" crowd. The shop is a dump, the concrete is busted horribly. Good luck not getting a forklift stuck. Employee turnover rate is horrible. Wonder why....

Fire your shop managers, they think they know everything. Pay people well and they'll stick around. You have to spend money to make money.

Overall good company to work for. Needs new management.

I have been working at Equipment Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people to work with and excellent benefits.

Cons

Pay below pay of competitors. Most management horrible at their jobs. Only reason they have jobs in management is good ole boy network.

Get rid of most of the management and open advancement opportunities for your excellent employees. You took a great step when you fired the CEO. But why still keep him in a position of power when he about ruined the company? Get rid of the management he put in place they are unqualified.

Bad upper Management

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Equipment Depot

Pros

Friendly coworkers and decent health benefits.

Cons

Upper Management is loaded with unqualified people. Most are in their positions because of politics and favoritism.

Pay scales are low for anybody outside of management.

Pay scale increases are rare.

Very little chance to advance your career.

Start focusing on rewarding employees based on abilities. Provide an atmosphere of career development. Abolish the good old boy club in upper management and work towards placing individual that are qualified.

This will be a great turn around story

I have been working at Equipment Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great parent company
    Family oriented culture
    Good leadership

Cons

Communication is still a problem

I feel like if we stay on the path we are on this will be one of the best turn around stories ever. New leadership is really making a difference. It is great to see employees so excited again.

Nice place to work, beware if you are looking for long term relationship

I have been working at Equipment Depot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Strong parent company. Good company for short term professional growth, very good work-life balance

Cons

No advancement opportunities, mgmt. is not interested in talent development

Provide more advancement opportunities, develop your current talent

I thought it was disappointing.

I worked at Equipment Depot

Pros

Some non-management were good to work with.

Cons

management did not have a clue what was needed.

Listen to some of the non-management on how things should be done.

Terrible Company and Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Equipment Depot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are great, paid on time, and checks never bounced.

Cons

Management is dishonest, will tell you one thing to your face, and another behind your back. This company in the PA region is very much a "good ol' boys" type of company, if you step on the wrong toes, even if you are correct in doing so, you become a target. Management unfairly targets employees (3 in my time with them) to cover their own inadequacies. The morale of the employees is one of fear and caution at all times, and is directly linked to the ever present emails about firing people. Be wary of this company, you can become cannon fodder at any given moment.

Please please please for the sake of the people still working in the Mount Laurel branch, take an objective look at the people in management positions, they are (and not from a former upset employee point of view) inadequate, and will continue to drive the branch into the ground. I say I am not disgruntled because 1) I knew it was coming and 2) already had plans in place for what I knew was coming. I just hope that PON starts to take notice of that happenings in the US operation, because if you do not, expect that you will start losing more customers and eventually be forced to close the doors, and put alot of hard working people out of work.