Equity LifeStyle Properties

Employment Status

Reset
1.8
Marguerite Nader

Pros
  • Meet great people to work with and visitors (in 3 reviews)

• I enjoyed talking to the residents (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • When upper Management was notified of a mean and bullying mid manager - it was swept under the carpet (in 10 reviews)

• Speaking of low pay, the amount of work expected is huge compared to what the pay is (in 7 reviews)

1. In My Opinion...

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule; casual attire; some talented management/employees

Cons

Constant turnover amongst upper and middle management as well as general employees; poor organizational structure/too many layers of management; little to no inter-departmental communication resulting in low productivity/efficiency, low morale, and poor customer service; lack of innovation - new ideas not brought to the table or encouraged, company slow to update policies, procedures, and software; some management unknowlegable, bullying in the workplace tolerated; some micromanagement; some promotions based on favoritism; overall, company hires to the middle/is conservative, disorganized, and behind the times.

2. Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many locations throughout the US

Cons

They hire people in Regional or above positions, that have never worked in the industry before, and they do not understand the industry. Property management/hospitality industry is much different than a RV resort/property manager.

Advice to Management

Hire/promote growth from within, providing cross sectional training. Pay your lower employees more, especially the ones that show loyalty.

3. Lifestyle LLC

Former Employee - Property Manager in Owatonna, MN
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Owatonna, MN

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reasons I did like the job is the people. I enjoyed working with the residents and helping them. Some of the employees were understanding and respectful.

Cons

The downside was some of the people at the office. I was treated with disrespect by some of the employees. I was yelled at by a female employee.

Advice to Management

The advice I have to management is to only charge the correct rate for rent and not increase rent for no reason. There was one resident who had to move away because her rent went up. It went up and her family's income never changed. Rent was based on income.

5. THIS COMPANY DOES NOT PAY THEIR EMPLOYEES ON TIME

Former Employee - Reservations in Nokomis, FL
    Former Employee - Reservations in Nokomis, FL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Nice low stress employment but if you do not get paid for your time, it just is not worth it!!!

Cons

Most incompetent, uncaring, blame-it on everyone else payroll department I have ever dealt with. First check arrived on May 12th to an address not even on my job file anywhere. They said they mailed it April 30th. Erroneously took out taxes for a different state. Refused to give me a W-4 for 2 weeks after hired. Final paycheck was supposedly mailed from Augusta Ga. on Friday May 15th to Walton County Fl and it still has not arrived as of May 22nd. They use ADP and each company blames it on the other. Each company gives different information so you just do not believe either company. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM IF YOU EXPECT TO GET PAID ON TIME!!!!!

Advice to Management

Employees expect to be paid on "payday" it is not rocket science. As an employee it is my job to show up everyday on time and do a good job, your responsibility is to pay us on time..... YOU FAIL MISERABLY....If this was California instead of Florida you would be paying me treble damages. 3x on each check......

6. Current Employee

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Flexible time, respectful, engaging, work.

Cons

Amount of work is high

Advice to Management

hire more staff

Be smart and stay away.

Current Employee - Resort Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

There is no good reasons to come on board or stay with ELS. Lawsuits, top heavy management and unethical practices is the ELS way and its only getting worse.

Cons

They mistreat and are very disrectful for ALL their employees that work for there properties. Extremely high turn over rate!!Management would rather invest their money in purchases of new properties than maintaining and improving there 400+ properties.

Advice to Management

Restucture. Restucture. Restructure if you want to get out of the red and stay out.

8. Don't bother with this company

Current Employee - Anonymous in South Dennis, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in South Dennis, MA

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

There are no pros with this company, management or property. The only pro might be is it's about 3 miles from the ocean.

Cons

This property is a cash cow only. Annual people are constantly leaving, nothing to do for kids and the property photos are not realistic. You can do anything you want if you fit with park management otherwise everything is a problem. Office is only open from 9:30 AM until 2:00PM.

9. Fun, New Adventures, Family Atmosphere

Former Employee - Community Manager in Clermont, FL
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Clermont, FL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I truly enjoyed my career. Employees always like to put the blame on the company. Sometimes you need to sit back and look at yourself. I found my career very rewarding, getting promoted when the times were right due to my hard work. I love the travel and new challenges presented all the time. A career is what you make of it, don't wait for others to get you ahead!

Cons

Salary could be better for the amount of work put in.

Advice to Management

Be there for you teams, you have a lot of superstars waiting to be found!

HORRIBLE. STAY AWAY

Current Employee - Resort Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

There really isn't any pros to working for Equity Lifestyle Properties. To many hands in one bucket and No leadership or guidance.

Cons

Everything imaginable! You will have to learn over 16 different software programs with little to no help. STAY AWAY is the best advice!

Advice to Management

Get a real clue to what your RMs are doing.

The good and the bad

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Strong impact to industry, some good and friendly people to work with. Location is prime

Cons

Horrible and untrustworthy HR. Only favorites get advancement opportunity. Merit increase minimal.

Advice to Management

New management needed, fresh blood. Replace all HR.

RSS Feed </> Embed