Equity LifeStyle Properties

Updated April 2, 2015
51 reviews filtered by
1.7
Marguerite Nader

Pros
  • Meet great people to work with and visitors (in 3 reviews)

• nice property and enjoyed working for most of the residents (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management doesn't care one bit about people at the community level (in 10 reviews)

• Speaking of low pay, the amount of work expected is huge compared to what the pay is (in 7 reviews)

HORRIBLE. STAY AWAY

Current Employee - Resort Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Resort Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There really isn't any pros to working for Equity Lifestyle Properties. To many hands in one bucket and No leadership or guidance.

Cons

Everything imaginable! You will have to learn over 16 different software programs with little to no help. STAY AWAY is the best advice!

Advice to Management

Get a real clue to what your RMs are doing.

2. The good and the bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Strong impact to industry, some good and friendly people to work with. Location is prime

Cons

Horrible and untrustworthy HR. Only favorites get advancement opportunity. Merit increase minimal.

Advice to Management

New management needed, fresh blood. Replace all HR.

3. Hotel tastes on a Trailer park budget.

Former Employee - Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

They need staff and are constantly hiring.

Cons

Pay is below market... Hours are long, clientele is rough.

Advice to Management

No chance.

5. Good company little advancement

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Company is growing and doing well and has a decent policy with working hours.

Cons

No real education or advancement potential in the company. Positions are often stagnant and education opportunities limited. Turnover at lower levels is terible and at higher levels there is little to no mobility even when highly qualified and there are openings.

Advice to Management

Better focus on in house advancement and training as well as focus on improving education of all staff. Lack of any feeling of career advancement leads to higher turnover rates due to people leaving for better opportunities.

6. Great experience until ELS acquisition

Current Employee - Community Manager in Richland, SC
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Richland, SC

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

The people whom you provide service to are the real reason we are in business. If you genuinely were concerned about the comments of its customers then you would actually do something about it across the board not based on which properties are more profitable because in the end they are all our customers and they are financial contributors. #classactionlawsuitELS for not honoring contracts.

Cons

Senior management is top heavy and out of touch with reality and has no clue what it takes to run the communities. The operating budgets are unrealistic and they are bleeding the communities dry. Once they extract every dollar possible from its customers they will offload the properties onto someone else. Just before that happens they will begin to systematically terminate it's experienced managers and their salaries in exchange for a lower salaried employee who they to will bleed dry while showing a gradual increase in profits by shrinking their payroll expense ultimately making their NOI appear better than it actually is

Advice to Management

If you promote from within as you claim it should start from the ground up. The communities are the reason you are employed.

You have to be kidding!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Community managers strive to help each other accomplish goal and daily tasks.

Cons

Non responsive upper management. Last minute email to complete useless reports they already have access to. The only real training is from fellow employees. Constant changes to policies with no information being passed on the the properties. Blatent ridicule by upper manager with no regard to the employee working their back sides off. Procedures are changed constantly. Pay scale sucks unless you sell high end home every week.

Advice to Management

Get in the trenches with property managers. Get a better grip on what is really going on. Be responsive to request that need attention. Give some reconigtian once in a while instead of brow beating!

8. Worst Company Ever

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

A lesson learned! Nothing good comes to mind

Cons

Pay is horrible....Health insurance is a joke and management is asleep! Park is run down and old, company is raking in the money and doesnt put anything back in

Advice to Management

Get new management

9. Good Regional Corporate Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My direct supervisor and VP were wonderful to work for. They offered great support. They allowed me to determine my own methods for completing various duties. They sought out and truly valued my feedback. I was able to work with Regional Managers and Vice Presidents on a daily basis and was often included in important decision making. I left due to family medical issues. I wish I could have stayed with the company. The company is growing and offers opportunities for personal growth and professional growth.

Cons

The only con is the medical insurance. It may have changed by now, but it was a high deductible plan with a high monthly premium.

Advice to Management

I loved the changes the company was implementing. Continue to do what you are doing.

10. Worst company ever

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

There are no pros. Worst job ever

Cons

They dont pay on time. Management is horrible. Community is not maintained. They dont allow us a tool or supply budget. Dont work here. The pay is not worth what they expect and for the way they treat employees.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better. Do your job so we can do ours

11. Bullies Allowed Here

Former Employee - Community Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The majority of the rank and file here are really down to earth.

Cons

When upper Management was notified of a mean and bullying mid manager - it was swept under the carpet.

Advice to Management

DON'T ask a department head to review policies and have staff fill out a questionnaire that involves that department head directly...someone from HR SHOULD be conducting this meeting and collecting the questionnaires!!!

Equity LifeStyle Properties Photos