Equity LifeStyle Properties

Outdated and tired!

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None unless you want to consider the location of the offices.

Cons

Growth opportunities limited, outdated systems, unqualified new staff, if it is not broke don't fix it approach by Management.

Management's view on workload, new hires, exisiting employees, retention of key employees, and systems needs to be evaluated.

Run As Fast As You Can

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed talking to the residents. That is about it. Nothing else. Can't think of anything else nice to say.

Cons

Unappreciated, crap community managers; only management ideas are good, noone else has any GOOD ideas; employees are not given any decent raises - come on 20 cents! They should be ashamed of themselves. Insurance for hourly employees is an expensive joke.

Take a course on Professionalism!

Horrible, Horrible, and more Horrible

Former Employee - Staff Accountant
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

You get to wear jeans everyday.

Cons

Everything is a con for this place. Management is completely inept, culture and organizational structure is horrendous. There are no promotions from within, no raises (except for managemen, of course), and no bonuses. I had to give it one star because I couldn't submit this review with a zero.

Get a clue, hire new CEO and replace upper management immediately.

Run, don't walk!

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Looks good on your resume?

Cons

This was by far the worst company I have ever worked for. I was there SIX long years, always waiting to be rewarded for all my hard work, like I was told I would be. So I waited and waited and worked my butt off, and was slapped in the face with a .27 (yes, 27 cents!) an hour raise. I had FIVE regional mangers in my 6 years there. What does that tell you? If you're not kissing up to the VP's you will not last. One of my RM's even took a pay cut just to transfer out of our region. Upper mgmt doesn't care in the least about the happiness of their residents, their property managers, or any of their staff. It's all "heads in the beds" their favorite expression. They override declined applications just to get occupancy up for the month. And the micromanaging is beyond tolerable. The VP even stood outside my office and email me a picture of a tiny weed that was growing on the property! I guess we were expected to stand watch over the weeds and kill them as they appeared! You will be overworked, underpaid, and greatly under-appreciated. And like others have said, thrown under the bus at every opportunity. Commission structure cut in half, because obviously you were making too much money according to them. Plus you have to be the liaison between the very unhappy residents (who receive annual increases on already overpriced rents, and who have watched the property decline from deferred maintenance) and the abusive management. Administrative assistants and maintenance staff are also completely disposable according to Upper mgmt, They are largely ignored for the most part, unless and until they make a mistake. Then here comes the bus. I could go on and on, but I hope I said enough to steer you away from this horrible company. DO NOT APPLY AT THIS COMPANY. You will save yourself a lot of stress and grief.

Not bothering, they dont care.

IT Professionals "DO NOT WORK HERE"

Current Employee - Senior Network Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Network Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I would not consider this a pro myself, but some people may.

If you are the type of person that likes to just sit around and find projects, task, mundane and trivial assignments to do, then this is the perfect place for you.

If you like to sit under the radar and just do enough for that day, then this is the place for you.

If you like going on extensive expeditions to find meaningful work to do, then this is the place for you.

If you like not having any communications with your manager, director and team members, then this is the place for you.

If you like getting paid for really doing all day, then this is the place for you.

If you not being challenged and instead fill your day joking around to pass the time, then this is the place for you.

I could go on and on and on. Get the picture?

Cons

NO BUDGET, NO COMMUNICATION, NO TEAM BUILDING, NO TEAM COMMUNICATION, NO DIRECTION, NO DELEGATION, NO LEADERSHIP, NO PROJECTS, NO EFFECTIVE CIO TO LEAD THE DEPARTMENT and LOW PAY

Fire all IT managers and CIO and start from the ground up.

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not sure what to say here...

Cons

Upper management only cares about revenue.

Listen to client feedback and be open to improvement.

Registration & store Clerk

Former Employee - Registration & Store Clerk in East Stroudsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Registration & Store Clerk in East Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great seasonal opportunities in many areas of experience. Meet great people to work with and visitors. Few permanent, year round career opportunities.

Cons

Low pay for company expectations, therefore you are working with some individuals with questionable work ethics, this can be frustrating at times.

Provide a competitive wage to workers, both camp workers and local residents.

If you aren't working in Chicago in the corporate office, then you don't matter.

Former Employee - Reservation Specialist in Gautier, MS
    Former Employee - Reservation Specialist in Gautier, MS

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They have a good vacation plan, you can earn vacation hours and sick hours fast.

Cons

The healthy insurance sucks. It almost doubled after the Healthcare Reform. The hourly employees can barely afford it on the low pay they give you. Speaking of low pay, the amount of work expected is huge compared to what the pay is. The "call center", and I use that term very loosely, in MS is a joke. It's in a 40+ year old building that most likely has asbestos in it. They only recently went to Windows 7 from Windows2000 and XP.

There is an older phone system because being cheap, cheap. The call volume ratio to the employees is insane! HIRE MORE PEOPLE ON THE PHONES! Also the hours are not long enough and a "call center" being closed on saturday and sunday? That's why the call volume is so high on mondays because it's closed on the weekend.

You have happy employees, you have happy customers! Too bad they don't care about that and only care about money and buying more run down parks to add to their list.

If I could have given zero stars, I would. Out of the jobs I've had in the past, this was by far the worst one. If you want to have a job to use as a transition towards another one, this is it. If you want a long term one, skip this place. The higher ups have been there too long, play favorites and have no clue.

WAKE UP AND LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES! Get your head out of your reports and numbers and look at what's going on at your parks and your call centers. Happy employees = happy customers. It doesn't take that much, just actually stopping and listening to what your employees are having to go through because of your GREED.

Insurance and most community managers are horrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

you get to help seniors

Cons

Managers are not chosen by qualifications they are chosen by "friendships" and when that happens the managers dont really care about the employees just that they look good to their "friends"

you might not be there to make friends but it would be nice if you at least were nice to your employees -- believe me we all know you talk about us negatively to others dont be fooled about the people that say they are your friends because in reality there you have no friends

Tenant at Holiday Hills in Federal Heights Colorado

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

A measly paycheck. Work here if you like to be exploited and are immoral.

Cons

The management and corporate environment foster ill will amongst most of the people who rent space or rent a property. They exploit Senior citizens, outrageous prices, rude manager that drives a Lexus and good luck with maintenance. It takes months to get anything done and then its rigged.

Consider Customer Service not GREED!!!!!!

Equity LifeStyle Properties Photos