www.equitylifestyle.com
Profile Unclaimed

Tenant at Holiday Hills in Federal Heights Colorado

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

A measly paycheck. Work here if you like to be exploited and are immoral.

Cons

The management and corporate environment foster ill will amongst most of the people who rent space or rent a property. They exploit Senior citizens, outrageous prices, rude manager that drives a Lexus and good luck with maintenance. It takes months to get anything done and then its rigged.

Consider Customer Service not GREED!!!!!!

Great company to work for and good resume filler

Current Employee - Accounting in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Accounting in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can gain a lot of experience.
    Great people to work for

Cons

Insurance Benefits and work/life balance are horrible

If there was one thing to consider changing is to get better and more up to date systems to work with.

Low paying Admin positions pays the bills only if you sell homes

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The particular branch I worked at was a calm environment great team to work for. Corporate staff is not easy to work with.

Cons

Its a Corp. They will run you in the ground with no reward if you let them. All staff at my office had worked hard for over a year and a half and no one had received a raises.

at least acknowledge your staff is doing a good job.

Former Employee - Finance in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Finance in Chicago, IL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Easy location to get to, the location has everything that you can ask for...bank, food court, train station

Cons

Management is cheap with its; employees

A little more flexibility and proper appreciation of employees

work hard no pay

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Because they are always changing things you get to learn many programs.

Cons

Nobody knows what they are doing.

If you have an employee that is good at something let them do it if it is the best interest of the company. Get new HR people that know all the laws.

IT MAY BE BETTER THAN NOTHING...maybe.

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has decent wages and PTO.

Cons

I have to agree with previous poster, where do you start? Commission was once great, it's no2 being taken away in large part. The upper management doesn't care one bit about people at the community level. They can't even acknowledge the holidays even though they are lavishing themselves parties and events. They do not know from one week to the next if they are sale or rentals, or sales...uughh. You cannot offer an opinion to anyone higher than you because they don't believe you are as intelligent as they are. The CEO must be blind. Our region is clearly in dirty dealings and it's obvious to everyone around. You don't dare make your concerns known since the person responsible clearly lets you know that you can be dismissed at any time. The best way to get promoted is by kissing up to the right people. Merit means nothing to these people. They have mediocre health care at best and if you are less than a manager you have even less insurance. They grandstand about all their purchases and how much those cost but do nothing for the people who work hardest to provide the company with that money. They cannot see anything long term. They are only worried about presenting the monthly numbers to the stockholders. Someone should investigate some of the obvious bad deals they continue to do with the same companies. Looks like someone is probably getting a large kickback. No person in their right mind would continue to have the company getting ripped off unless their hands were dirty.

I would say I have hit all points but there simply isn't enough time. Unless you have nothing better on the horizon, don't work here.

Ms. Nader needs to see that the problems that are blamed on the community managers go much higher. They are being thrown under the bus to take the attention off of the real crooks you have working for you.

Mismanagement

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Good vacation/sick days. Great commissions. The best part of my job has nothing to do with they company but the job itself & being able to assist residents.

Cons

Watching management misuse company property, assests, staff & the unfair treatment of residents & vendors based on race. Management is only concerned with NUMBERS, NUMBER$, NUMBERS!! Of course i mean occupancy numbers. Poor customer relations, once residents move in they're ignored. Management actually purposely avoids residents & corporate doesn't respond to complaints.

Watch your managers/employees ELS. They're stealing right under your noses. Be available to all employees & not just upper management.

Nothing special - dealt with homeowners for property rent and received payments and deposited checks in the bank

Former Employee - Accounting in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Accounting in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

Good company but its been a very long time since I worked there

Cons

Not very careful with the property

no advice

Micromanagement

Current Employee - Resort Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Resort Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working with people in a beautiful community on a daily basis.

Cons

Micro management and very little support or consistency on a senior manangement level. Requesting time consuming reports in short periods of time that are not even used, creating undue levels of pressure. Growing to fast to support the properties they do have.

Your employees are your best asset. Micro managing and unrealistic demands on financial return on an investment you are not investing in is unrealistic and sets us all for failure. Invest in the property and invest in your employees and you'll have the best company - with the best returns ever!

This company has no morals or ethics

Current Employee - Community Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

My job that I get to do is fun, the customers are the best in the world.

Cons

Upper Management is unorganized, ruthless, leaves you out to hang on your own. They have no morals, values, and they surely dont hold themselves accountable to their word. They screwed every employee because of Obama Care, they have hurt every property they own by not caring if it runs properly as long as it has money coming in.

Get a backbone and be that one corporation that does whats right, I promise if you do you will make more money!

Equity LifeStyle Properties Photos