Equity LifeStyle Properties

Marguerite Nader

A Good Place to Start.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Busy atmosphere. Quality Corporate Staff. Tightly managed. Solid.

Cons

Rewards scarce and comp is low.

low pay, junk medical,no respect
     if you are looking for a long term job this is not the company for you !

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

equity is a good place to work if you are desperate for a job, until something better comes around.i do get along well with the on site staff that is the only positive thing i can say about this company.

Cons

low low pay for the amount of work,health insurance is a joke not worth getting,total lack of respect for employs by upper management and they make it very clear.late 80s wages and no descent medical. CRAZY

try giving your employs some decent health insurance.that is a mag er concern to all. some raises based upon Marat not just the 2% after 3 years of employment,that is an insult and at least pretend like you care.how about a ham for Christmas and just letting your employs know you appreciate there hard work. good employs are not so easily replaced.

Unhappy, unappreciated employee!

Pros

Close to home, great commission incentives.

Cons

Health insurance offered is garbage for a multi billion dollar corporation. I see promotions and raises offered to people on email blasts company wide but I havent had even a .01% raise in the 3 years I have been here. I have no opportunity's given for advancement and hard work isnt appreciated unless it also comes with a bit of butt smooching. I feel like taking a loss in pay just to find somewhere else to be appreciated at. I hate that they expect everything from you but never give you anything more than what you originally were offered when Hired. I have finally hit my breaking point. I have never even had an evaluation in 3 long years.

Show appreciation to your staff, give annual raises. Stop taking form us all the time but never giving anything in return.

Current Community Manager

Current Employee - Community Manager
    Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

Great morale and hours. Respectful company with values. I have to disagree with most on here, point the finger in the mirror and let's talk shop. I appreciate the pay increases and feel valued to be a part of the team.

Cons

Outdated accounting and communications between departments and employees. There are no long term concrete plans to move around staffing. Reward those by moving to preferred destinations.

Get a grip on the policy and provide a standard training program for other employees.

Disorganized employer

Current Employee - Community Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefit plan, including holidays, sick days, etc., large company with many locations, great support people,

Cons

Lack of support, too many unrealistic demands, constant changes in operations and procedures, upper management could be much better and more supportive

Support your managers, better training programs are needed, in depth training, not surface training. More opportunity for advancement outside the corporate office in the field offices and locations.

Very dissapointed one of the worst jobs I have ever had!!!

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Davison, MI
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Davison, MI

Pros

starting pay is ok until you find out how much they expect from you!

Cons

No raise in a year and a half. Management takes credit for subordinates ideas. No advancement opportunity. Maintenance is treated poorly and like we are of little to no value. Maintenance is overworked with no acknowledgement of hard work. absolutely no perks or moral boosting activities. Thos company only cares about one thing, the bottom line. prospective employees beware!!! This is not a good company to work for!!!

Stop worrying about filling your wallets so much and send a little something down to the little guys which are the ones actually doing ALL the work and keeping your half a billion dollar a year company running! we are tired of being treated like crap and I will be sharing this and a few other review sites with my fellow employees!

Beware - ELS is not a good career move.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

ELS has work life balance down. People come in around 9am and leave around 4:30pm. Each day everyone is allowed to wears jeans, which is nice when the weather is bad. According to the President, which he recently told all Chicago employees at an all company meeting, regardless of the fact that no raises have been given to some people in four years, "we are lucky to have a job."

Cons

No respect from the president or anyone in senior management, which trickles down to each department. There is no team attitude at ELS. Heavy turnover in key departments because of lack of respect. No raises in four years. Managers do not set out a clear defined career path for thier employees. HR has indefinable control over hiring, firing and pay.

Realize that even if an employee has not been with the company for more than 15 years, they are still valuable and can contribute positively to the company if given a chance. Walk around outside of your seventh floor bubble and speak with the people that work for you.

Too many meetings where people had great ideas but no work ethic to back up those "great ideas"!

Former Employee - Call Center Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Call Center Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

A lot of money to throw around if you know the right people. In day to day work you are dealing with people who are vacationing at your resort so most of the time they are friendly and upbeat.

Cons

Poor implementation of ideas within the company. Many resort managers had complaints dealing within the resort properties themselves. Plus their corporate office was a nightmare if you ever had to get anything done... call.. leave a message (because they are rarely at their desk).. wait at least three days... then start the long awaited process of action.

Better communication all the way around.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, casual, easy to take time off

Cons

No room for professional/personal growth

Worst career move of my life. Run, don't walk away, if offered a position with this company.

Current Employee - Community Manager in Florida (Uruguay)
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Florida (Uruguay)

Pros

Good Health benefits, reasonable vacation/sick days

Cons

Regional Managers micromanage way too much, no training or support, compensation/salary is horrible and way too low, no appreciation for employees who work at the communities, undermined by Regional Managers making decisions about communities without thinking through the consequences, programs and procedures are constantly changing, unreasonable expectations set by Regional and Corporate offices, expected to do more with less, employees are treated routinely as being replaceable/not needed.

Share the wealth, pay your employees a good salary, reward outstanding employees, put together a comprehensive training program (stop the useless online training, everyone hates it), support your employees, try treating your employees the way you want us to treat the residents in our communities, try listening and stop talking, and for god's sake, stop switching the programs and procedures every other month, leave your ivory tower and come see the hard work we do so you can collect that hefty salary you pay yourselves. Just a thought, sign up for "Undercover Boss" and try doing our jobs so maybe you will get to see all we do for you and you will finally appreciate it.

Equity LifeStyle Properties Photos