Equity Staffing Group

1. Good company for temp work

Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in Hartford, CT

I worked at Equity Staffing Group

Pros

Always paid me on time, rep was very responsive even though she worked half way across the country

Cons

Low pay, assigned was less than 6 months

2. Equity Overview

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group

Pros

Having been in the Staffing Industry for 6+ years now (with 4 different companies) I am truly lucky to have landed at Equity. Everyone within the organization from our Senior Leadership to our Back Office employees are on the same page and share the same vision. I love the go-getter/do-what-it-takes attitude that everyone in the office shares. Many other agencies I have been with have a cut-throat environment that you can tell have had a negative impact on many employees. Leading a lot of times to high turnover rates within this industry. Although we are all competitive, we have a great office structure/environment and have the ability to make a difference within the multiple markets we are currently in. Not to mention we are rapidly expanding! Knowing that this will be the company I remain with for the foreseeable future, that gives me a great level of comfort and excitement for the coming year! I cant wait to see where we go and look forward to making a further impact within the staffing industry.

Cons

This company was built on a strong work ethic. Having said that, this industry isnt for everyone. If you are looking for a 9-5, monotonous job, Equity isnt the place for you. We work hard, make a difference and celebrate our successes.

3. Recruiter

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group

Pros

Equity is a great company to work for, the leaders have opened some key/strategic accounts that have helped Equity get up and running. They're always looking for ways to not only grow but improve. Equity offers employees the opportunity to grow professionally, personally, and financially. I personally chose Equity because I wanted the ability to have an impact on a growing company at the ground level. The best part about Equity is that it rewards and takes care of their people who are coachable, who do what is asked of them, and who display strong work ethic. It is a culture of accountability and teamwork and I couldn’t have picked a better team to join.

Cons

Recruiting/staffing in general has its challenges. Specific to Equity, we are a newer company so we still experience some growing pains but Equity addresses issue that comes up.

Advice to Management

All I can say is continue to do what you are doing and Equity will become a household name in staffing.

5. Proud of My Career Decision!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Equity for 9 months and I feel like I'm valued as if I joined the organization 5+ years ago. I was given the opportunity to be a Recruiter with Equity and I had zero staffing experience prior to interviewing. It concerns me that there are so many negative reviews on Glassdoor in regards to this company. I am not the type of person to sugar coat things--I'm a realist. Background checks, drug screens, etc. They do work on an honor system and it's all about proving your value. It's the employee(s) that didn't reach for their full potential, offer advice for a growing company and bring in the profit, who are sour. This industry isn't for everyone. I want all of my friends to work with me and reap the benefits of this AWESOME company, BUT work ethic is key. I don't put in 60 hours a week, because I work smart; not hard. I make my schedule and the time that I put in reflects on my check. The leadership makes you feel like you own a part of Equity. Not that they own you. It takes an entrepreneurial mindset, dedication and the drive to EARN a lot of cash! Honestly, that isn't easy to find. Yes- paid lunches, happy hours and trips are a token of appreciation. If you aren't constantly checking your emails, networking and thinking about possible accounts when you're out of the office, then you probably won't be successful here. The right individual shouldn't need to be micromanaged and it doesn't happen here. Take accountability for your own performance and don't be too proud to ask for advice. Employee development has to start with you wanting to accept it. I left a high salary/commission managerial position for a much lower base pay at Equity and I was 110% confident that it was the right decision. 9 months in, I have earned the company almost $80,000 in gross profit from my recruitment of quality candidates. I did this without having any previous industry experience, three months without a manager and all it took was DRIVE! The commission structure is more than fair (you won't see anything come close to it) and it's allowed me to earn a weekly amount that is equal to what I was previously earning on a bi-weekly basis. The company is small, so they don't offer health benefits, but they reimburse you every month for what you are enrolled in. Let's not get caught up in the monetary piece of this. I appreciate opportunity to grow and contribute even more. With a newer company, there's nothing but room to move into a new role. The key is to openly express your value, prove your worth and if it makes dollars, then it makes sense. The Execs at Equity want everyone to be in the best position possible. If you feel entitled to a promotion because you've been a Recruiter for 2 years, but your spread is less than a Recruiter who has only been working for 5 months, then stop it. Look within yourself and really try to understand what you could have done differently to put yourself in a better position. Tenure should not be rewarded if you're not bringing value to the company. Do something to stand out and make suggestions on how to improve. Most of all, be open to feedback.

Cons

Every position has it's challenges, which makes it interesting. Your day is what you make it--every day! If you're organized, have a strong personality and keep your word and follow through, there aren't any cons. Period.

Advice to Management

Keep driving us to up our spread, close more deals and make a great name for us. I'm so proud to be a member of this team and I am excited to step into the office each day. The technical and process improvements that have come about in 2014 are great. I'm eager to see what's next!

Don't Do It

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group

Pros

Seemed easy to get started.

Cons

Unprofessional
    Rushed me to get paperwork completed.
    Assignment was terminated after two days with company. Just a "not a good fit"
    Then waited for my pay because they didn't get my timesheet signed, Not a priority for them/
    Sketchy.

Shady Organization

I worked at Equity Staffing Group full-time

Pros

Company lunches, happy hours and events usually paid for.
    Time off accepted without real hassle for legitimate reasons.

Cons

No real training is provided for any of the positions.
    No drug test, background check, education check for employment here should be a red flag.
    Extremely unethical business practices take place daily.
    Many employees have been underpaid for sales and services on a regular basis.
    No benefits are offered period. Small sum paid for employees to fend for themselves.
    This is not a valuable place for anyone to grow professionally or personally. Period.

Advice to Management

Consider honesty and integrity in the workplace. Reward your employees for their hard work by paying them, not just buying their drinks on Fridays and acting like you don't know what happened with the "Payroll Dept."

Create an HR Department because there isn't one.

Disorganized, Unprofessional, Antiquated

I worked at Equity Staffing Group

Pros

It's a smaller business which has inherent qualities. The specific manager I had was abhorrently unprofessional. The individual was director level so if they're a staffing company I think that hire reflects the problems of the organization of not even being able to properly screen and hire at their own organization.

Cons

The office I worked in was hostile, disorganized, about 5 years behind in terms of technical aptitude, poor/no leadership skills.

Advice to Management

Screen your leaders, update your systems, treat individuals with respect, and be more integrity driven

Effort = Reward

Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Equity for over 2 years now and have reaped the benefits from hard work, determination, and follow through. It has paid off with placements in both direct hire and contracted positions. The leaders of the company have paved the way with some awesome accounts and intuitive motivation. They place you with the tools you need to succeed and provide you with a flexible reach to coordinate with candidates. My experience is invaluable and I LOVE MY JOB!

Cons

Working through growing pains that are natural with a new company. On the flip side, it is great to be busy! There are really no cons if you work hard in this company as it will pay off!

Advice to Management

Keep up the motivation and the recs flowing!

Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to earn a significant income if you work hard. I was working at another staffing firm prior to coming to Equity. The commission structure and tools are by far better and have given me the ability to earn more than I ever did at my previous employer. Company is growing very fast and Equity offers a foundational opportunity to grow professionally, personally and financially.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and is suited for individuals that can adapt, learn quickly, compete and handle challenges that growth brings. If you are looking for a 9-5 desk job than this is not the place for you. If you like an entrepreneurial atmosphere, strong commission structure and fast pace you will succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase the talent in the organization by identifying those that can't or won't bring the necessary energy and passion to the office each day. Continue your investment in systems and process that gives us a competitive edge. The last year has been great and the systems you have invested in are working great!

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been in the staffing industry for 8 years, at three different companies, and employed at Equity for the last three years. I have been very impressed with the growth of the company and, more importantly, with the flexibility and aggressiveness the leadership team allows its sales team to earn business.
    My comp plan is better than it was at any other staffing company I have worked at previously and I appreciate the follow up and support I have received from the leadership team.
    In the last two years I have observed the company continue to invest in "state of the art" sales, prospecting, and delivery tools that have made my job easier.
    From a sales perspective it is also very beneficial to be part of a Native American owned company.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and, in my opinion, made a few very poor hires in 2013. Fortunately those poor hires we're let go, one failed after only two weeks in sales, at the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing for the people who come in and work hard for you every day and the company will continue to grow. Don't allow entitled and unproductive people through the front door. It just slows the rest of us down.

RSS Feed </> Embed