Equity Staffing Group

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014
2.8

CEO

Proud of My Career Decision!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with Equity for 9 months and I feel like I'm valued as if I joined the organization 5+ years ago. I was given the opportunity to be a Recruiter with Equity and I had zero staffing experience prior to interviewing. It concerns me that there are so many negative reviews on Glassdoor in regards to this company. I am not the type of person to sugar coat things--I'm a realist. Background checks, drug screens, etc. They do work on an honor system and it's all about proving your value. It's the employee(s) that didn't reach for their full potential, offer advice for a growing company and bring in the profit, who are sour. This industry isn't for everyone. I want all of my friends to work with me and reap the benefits of this AWESOME company, BUT work ethic is key. I don't put in 60 hours a week, because I work smart; not hard. I make my schedule and the time that I put in reflects on my check. The leadership makes you feel like you own a part of Equity. Not that they own you. It takes an entrepreneurial mindset, dedication and the drive to EARN a lot of cash! Honestly, that isn't easy to find. Yes- paid lunches, happy hours and trips are a token of appreciation. If you aren't constantly checking your emails, networking and thinking about possible accounts when you're out of the office, then you probably won't be successful here. The right individual shouldn't need to be micromanaged and it doesn't happen here. Take accountability for your own performance and don't be too proud to ask for advice. Employee development has to start with you wanting to accept it. I left a high salary/commission managerial position for a much lower base pay at Equity and I was 110% confident that it was the right decision. 9 months in, I have earned the company almost $80,000 in gross profit from my recruitment of quality candidates. I did this without having any previous industry experience, three months without a manager and all it took was DRIVE! The commission structure is more than fair (you won't see anything come close to it) and it's allowed me to earn a weekly amount that is equal to what I was previously earning on a bi-weekly basis. The company is small, so they don't offer health benefits, but they reimburse you every month for what you are enrolled in. Let's not get caught up in the monetary piece of this. I appreciate opportunity to grow and contribute even more. With a newer company, there's nothing but room to move into a new role. The key is to openly express your value, prove your worth and if it makes dollars, then it makes sense. The Execs at Equity want everyone to be in the best position possible. If you feel entitled to a promotion because you've been a Recruiter for 2 years, but your spread is less than a Recruiter who has only been working for 5 months, then stop it. Look within yourself and really try to understand what you could have done differently to put yourself in a better position. Tenure should not be rewarded if you're not bringing value to the company. Do something to stand out and make suggestions on how to improve. Most of all, be open to feedback.

Cons

Every position has it's challenges, which makes it interesting. Your day is what you make it--every day! If you're organized, have a strong personality and keep your word and follow through, there aren't any cons. Period.

Keep driving us to up our spread, close more deals and make a great name for us. I'm so proud to be a member of this team and I am excited to step into the office each day. The technical and process improvements that have come about in 2014 are great. I'm eager to see what's next!

Don't Do It

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group

Pros

Seemed easy to get started.

Cons

Unprofessional
    Rushed me to get paperwork completed.
    Assignment was terminated after two days with company. Just a "not a good fit"
    Then waited for my pay because they didn't get my timesheet signed, Not a priority for them/
    Sketchy.

Shady Organization

I worked at Equity Staffing Group full-time

Pros

Company lunches, happy hours and events usually paid for.
    Time off accepted without real hassle for legitimate reasons.

Cons

No real training is provided for any of the positions.
    No drug test, background check, education check for employment here should be a red flag.
    Extremely unethical business practices take place daily.
    Many employees have been underpaid for sales and services on a regular basis.
    No benefits are offered period. Small sum paid for employees to fend for themselves.
    This is not a valuable place for anyone to grow professionally or personally. Period.

Consider honesty and integrity in the workplace. Reward your employees for their hard work by paying them, not just buying their drinks on Fridays and acting like you don't know what happened with the "Payroll Dept."

Create an HR Department because there isn't one.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disorganized, Unprofessional, Antiquated

I worked at Equity Staffing Group

Pros

It's a smaller business which has inherent qualities. The specific manager I had was abhorrently unprofessional. The individual was director level so if they're a staffing company I think that hire reflects the problems of the organization of not even being able to properly screen and hire at their own organization.

Cons

The office I worked in was hostile, disorganized, about 5 years behind in terms of technical aptitude, poor/no leadership skills.

Screen your leaders, update your systems, treat individuals with respect, and be more integrity driven

Effort = Reward

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for Equity for over 2 years now and have reaped the benefits from hard work, determination, and follow through. It has paid off with placements in both direct hire and contracted positions. The leaders of the company have paved the way with some awesome accounts and intuitive motivation. They place you with the tools you need to succeed and provide you with a flexible reach to coordinate with candidates. My experience is invaluable and I LOVE MY JOB!

Cons

Working through growing pains that are natural with a new company. On the flip side, it is great to be busy! There are really no cons if you work hard in this company as it will pay off!

Keep up the motivation and the recs flowing!

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been in the staffing industry for 8 years, at three different companies, and employed at Equity for the last three years. I have been very impressed with the growth of the company and, more importantly, with the flexibility and aggressiveness the leadership team allows its sales team to earn business.
    My comp plan is better than it was at any other staffing company I have worked at previously and I appreciate the follow up and support I have received from the leadership team.
    In the last two years I have observed the company continue to invest in "state of the art" sales, prospecting, and delivery tools that have made my job easier.
    From a sales perspective it is also very beneficial to be part of a Native American owned company.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and, in my opinion, made a few very poor hires in 2013. Fortunately those poor hires we're let go, one failed after only two weeks in sales, at the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014.

Keep doing exactly what you are doing for the people who come in and work hard for you every day and the company will continue to grow. Don't allow entitled and unproductive people through the front door. It just slows the rest of us down.

Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to earn a significant income if you work hard. I was working at another staffing firm prior to coming to Equity. The commission structure and tools are by far better and have given me the ability to earn more than I ever did at my previous employer. Company is growing very fast and Equity offers a foundational opportunity to grow professionally, personally and financially.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and is suited for individuals that can adapt, learn quickly, compete and handle challenges that growth brings. If you are looking for a 9-5 desk job than this is not the place for you. If you like an entrepreneurial atmosphere, strong commission structure and fast pace you will succeed.

Continue to increase the talent in the organization by identifying those that can't or won't bring the necessary energy and passion to the office each day. Continue your investment in systems and process that gives us a competitive edge. The last year has been great and the systems you have invested in are working great!

Effort + Good Attitude = Reward

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time

Pros

This is one of the extremely rare opportunities to be an impactful part of a growing company at a foundational level. equity rewards and takes care of people who are coachable, who do what is asked of them, and who display strong work ethic. It is a culture of accountability and teamwork. The opportunity to grow professionally and personally is like nothing else I've ever witnessed in this industry. The company's revenues have quintupled during my time here, and we continue to grow. That is a fact. With that growth, comes opportunity. If you want to work hard, have fun, be financially and professionally rewarded, and be part of something that is truly special, this is the place for you.

Cons

There are the typical frustrations/challenges that come with a growing, smaller company. If you understand that we are all in it together and that we will address and overcome issues together, you won't have any complaints.

Continue to reward effort, loyalty, and success.

Think for yourself when reading some of the reviews below...

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was hesitant to acknowledge some of the reviews posted because they do not deserve the time it takes to read them. However, as someone who has been with Equity for half of the company's existence and seen huge growth personally - financial & career advancement - I feel the need to weigh in on my company's behalf.

My experience at Equity has been one that pushed me to improve, grow, and ultimately prosper. I have received hands on coaching and development from the leadership team that has stepped my game up to another level. It is not often that you have such an experienced group of proven successes accessible with a quick phone call or drop into the office.

As someone who's worked for other companies in the industry I can tell you the leadership group at Equity is more vested in their employee's success than anywhere else I have had the pleasure to work and I am not complaining about my prior experiences... Yes, this job isn't for everyone and yes some people will fail, welcome to sales/recruitment. It is a merit based industry and that's what I love about it! I have a pretty good idea of who posted the reviews below... Let's just say that this industry isn't for them, that's ok, but keep the petty and vindictive commentary to yourself. Glassdoor is a professional tool, not a new extension of the Jerry Springer show... so show some class and keep your dignity. Look in the mirror, think about why you were shown the door and deep down you'll start to realize that the problem was you, not the company.

Plenty of others at Equity have been, are, and will continue to be successful here - yes, even without you working here. Stop trying to inflate your sense of self-importance and reflect, I hope you'll come to your senses, face the hard truth, and grow up. You're not in college anymore and this isn't your ex-boyfriend's Facebook wall.

It's tough to face your first adversity in the real world now that you're and forced to stand on your own two feet and no one likes the taste of rejection from losing your job. Would you rather work somewhere where underperformance is tolerated and those individuals are allowed to remain indefinitely leeching off the success of others - hint, if you thought twice about that then sales is not for you.

Cons

You will face challenges, you will be pushed. If you are looking for a quiet job to keep you in your safe zone then this industry, let alone this company, is not for you. If you are willing to accept that education and growth do not stop just because you have a college degree, join the team, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to become successful.

Continue on the trajectory you're headed on - investing in the company as you have been, developing process, adding tools to automate process, and continue taking one step at a time. Don't get caught up in the words of small minded people.

The Company has Compassion and Integrity

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work for Equity Staffing and have done so for many years. I have been given the opportunity of a lifetime to help grow a company that truly believes in giving back to its employees.

Cons

Long hours...but in this industry long hours means you will definitely be rewarded with a healthy commission check. Which makes me very, very happy!! After all...no pain no gain.

Thanks for the opportunity!!

Worked for Equity Staffing Group? Contribute to the Community!