Equity Staffing Group

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

The Company has Compassion and Integrity

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsI work for Equity Staffing and have done so for many years. I have been given the opportunity of a lifetime to help grow a company that truly believes in giving back to its employees.

ConsLong hours...but in this industry long hours means you will definitely be rewarded with a healthy commission check. Which makes me very, very happy!! After all...no pain no gain.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the opportunity!!

Disorganized, Unprofessional, Antiquated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a smaller business which has inherent qualities. The specific manager I had was abhorrently unprofessional. The individual was director level so if they're a staffing company I think that hire reflects the problems of the organization of not even being able to properly screen and hire at their own organization.

ConsThe office I worked in was hostile, disorganized, about 5 years behind in terms of technical aptitude, poor/no leadership skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementScreen your leaders, update your systems, treat individuals with respect, and be more integrity driven

Challenging and Rewarding

Denver, CO

ProsThe ability to earn a significant income if you work hard. I was working at another staffing firm prior to coming to Equity. The commission structure and tools are by far better and have given me the ability to earn more than I ever did at my previous employer. Company is growing very fast and Equity offers a foundational opportunity to grow professionally, personally and financially.

ConsThe company is growing quickly and is suited for individuals that can adapt, learn quickly, compete and handle challenges that growth brings. If you are looking for a 9-5 desk job than this is not the place for you. If you like an entrepreneurial atmosphere, strong commission structure and fast pace you will succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to increase the talent in the organization by identifying those that can't or won't bring the necessary energy and passion to the office each day. Continue your investment in systems and process that gives us a competitive edge. The last year has been great and the systems you have invested in are working great!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Effort = Reward

Denver, CO

ProsI have worked for Equity for over 2 years now and have reaped the benefits from hard work, determination, and follow through. It has paid off with placements in both direct hire and contracted positions. The leaders of the company have paved the way with some awesome accounts and intuitive motivation. They place you with the tools you need to succeed and provide you with a flexible reach to coordinate with candidates. My experience is invaluable and I LOVE MY JOB!

ConsWorking through growing pains that are natural with a new company. On the flip side, it is great to be busy! There are really no cons if you work hard in this company as it will pay off!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the motivation and the recs flowing!

Great Opportunity

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsI have been in the staffing industry for 8 years, at three different companies, and employed at Equity for the last three years. I have been very impressed with the growth of the company and, more importantly, with the flexibility and aggressiveness the leadership team allows its sales team to earn business.
    My comp plan is better than it was at any other staffing company I have worked at previously and I appreciate the follow up and support I have received from the leadership team.
    In the last two years I have observed the company continue to invest in "state of the art" sales, prospecting, and delivery tools that have made my job easier.
    From a sales perspective it is also very beneficial to be part of a Native American owned company.

ConsThe company is growing quickly and, in my opinion, made a few very poor hires in 2013. Fortunately those poor hires we're let go, one failed after only two weeks in sales, at the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing exactly what you are doing for the people who come in and work hard for you every day and the company will continue to grow. Don't allow entitled and unproductive people through the front door. It just slows the rest of us down.

Effort + Good Attitude = Reward

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThis is one of the extremely rare opportunities to be an impactful part of a growing company at a foundational level. equity rewards and takes care of people who are coachable, who do what is asked of them, and who display strong work ethic. It is a culture of accountability and teamwork. The opportunity to grow professionally and personally is like nothing else I've ever witnessed in this industry. The company's revenues have quintupled during my time here, and we continue to grow. That is a fact. With that growth, comes opportunity. If you want to work hard, have fun, be financially and professionally rewarded, and be part of something that is truly special, this is the place for you.

ConsThere are the typical frustrations/challenges that come with a growing, smaller company. If you understand that we are all in it together and that we will address and overcome issues together, you won't have any complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reward effort, loyalty, and success.

Kansas City Office

Recruiter/Business Development Manager (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, KS

ProsI worked in the Kansas City office for Equity both as a Recruiter and a Business Development Manager.

As a Recruiter: it was a positive work environment that was not micro-managed, and we had the freedom to work on REQs that were closest to the dollar. We didn't have a lot of internal or external competition on most accounts which was nice. The REQs were managed by experienced professionals who had good relationships within the market. I knew if I got candidates, I would get interviews and starts. It was a fun office to work in and success was definitely rewarded.

As an Business Dev Manager: I received comprehensive training from tenured professionals, and was not set up for failure. It was a smooth transition from recruiting into sales. I was provided formal training, which was a great way to nail down the X's and O's of sales. The VP in Kansas City provided direction as to how to get started, provided warm introductions to accounts he hadn't tapped into and provided mentorship and coaching throughout my tenure with Equity which I am forever indebted.

Cons1. The process with contractors wasn't smooth with some of our accounts. This wasn't always a direct fault of Equity's, but there were multiple occasions where temps of mine who relied on a weekly pay check didn't get paid on-time. I could count on at least 1 phone call from an angry contractor on Monday saying their check was wrong or they didn't get paid at all. This did improve over time, but having to call 10+ contractors every week to confirm their hours wasn't the best use of my time.

2. Commission for direct hires are paid out slow. They wait until they are paid before they pay employees, which makes sense. However, lack of organization in our payroll department accounted for them paying my commission far slower than normal. We had clear records of Equity being paid the direct hire fee one month - and then I had to follow up with our payroll department multiple times before I was paid my commission 2-3 months after I was suppose to be paid.

3. Departure from the company - I left on good terms and I thought I would be treated like I was told companies were suppose to treat their employees when putting in their notice. I came from a different staffing company prior to starting with Equity. Equity told me the staffing company I was leaving was required to pay me for 2 weeks after I put in my notice even though they told me to go home and I didn't work those 2 weeks. The company I came from obliged with this and I was paid for the 2 weeks. However, when I put in my 2 weeks with Equity, I left very ethically and made sure all my accounts/candidates were accounted for...and then I don't get paid for the 2 weeks. I said weren't you guys the ones who told me companies were required to pay the 2 weeks after someone puts in their notice - and then never heard back.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent with your message. I had an overall great experience with Equity, but am still a little sour about the hypocrisy upon my departure. If you tell me I need to contact my former employer to collect 2 weeks of pay after putting in my notice, you should do the same for your employees that put in their notice with Equity.

Think for yourself when reading some of the reviews below...

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI was hesitant to acknowledge some of the reviews posted because they do not deserve the time it takes to read them. However, as someone who has been with Equity for half of the company's existence and seen huge growth personally - financial & career advancement - I feel the need to weigh in on my company's behalf.

My experience at Equity has been one that pushed me to improve, grow, and ultimately prosper. I have received hands on coaching and development from the leadership team that has stepped my game up to another level. It is not often that you have such an experienced group of proven successes accessible with a quick phone call or drop into the office.

As someone who's worked for other companies in the industry I can tell you the leadership group at Equity is more vested in their employee's success than anywhere else I have had the pleasure to work and I am not complaining about my prior experiences... Yes, this job isn't for everyone and yes some people will fail, welcome to sales/recruitment. It is a merit based industry and that's what I love about it! I have a pretty good idea of who posted the reviews below... Let's just say that this industry isn't for them, that's ok, but keep the petty and vindictive commentary to yourself. Glassdoor is a professional tool, not a new extension of the Jerry Springer show... so show some class and keep your dignity. Look in the mirror, think about why you were shown the door and deep down you'll start to realize that the problem was you, not the company.

Plenty of others at Equity have been, are, and will continue to be successful here - yes, even without you working here. Stop trying to inflate your sense of self-importance and reflect, I hope you'll come to your senses, face the hard truth, and grow up. You're not in college anymore and this isn't your ex-boyfriend's Facebook wall.

It's tough to face your first adversity in the real world now that you're and forced to stand on your own two feet and no one likes the taste of rejection from losing your job. Would you rather work somewhere where underperformance is tolerated and those individuals are allowed to remain indefinitely leeching off the success of others - hint, if you thought twice about that then sales is not for you.

ConsYou will face challenges, you will be pushed. If you are looking for a quiet job to keep you in your safe zone then this industry, let alone this company, is not for you. If you are willing to accept that education and growth do not stop just because you have a college degree, join the team, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to become successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on the trajectory you're headed on - investing in the company as you have been, developing process, adding tools to automate process, and continue taking one step at a time. Don't get caught up in the words of small minded people.

Great Opportunity and Great People!

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsHard working employees who are wonderful teammates.
    Friendly competition motivates you to work hard
    Lot's of money to be made
    No micromanagement!! 100% Accountability and trust when it comes to the team. No one will get in your way when you're driving in business!
    Opportunity to grow with the company and move into a leadership role quickly

ConsNone....Never boring!! For a growing organization, the chance to be a part of framing the ground work is exciting. Much better than the massive companies in the industry where you are silo'd year after year. Once the training and development process is completed, this will be a well oiled machine!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Management team is great! They support everyone's success in the company and put in the effort to make sure their employees have the tools to make it happen.
    Very open door policy with the leaders
    Setting expectations on day 1 will be most beneficial to every new employee

Equity is standing behind me and I have CANCER

Denver, CO

ProsAround Thanksgiving, last year, I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer. I went to the Founders of Equity and let them know what was going on; they sat me down and said “we are going to stand behind you through this fight, no matter how long it takes for you to get well”. The year prior I had made more money than I had in my entire life with my salary and commission. The founders not only said they were going to continue to continue to pay me throughout my entire battle, additionally, they locked my commissions in to what I had made the previous year which was very high.
    I have worked with other companies in the past but I doubt most companies would give their employee the peace of mind of knowing that they didn’t have a deadline to come back from their illness before their pay would be dramatically effected; this allowed me to focus on getting well without the worry of how I would provide for my son and, as a single mom, their generosity and compassion reduced my stress tremendously. Not only have the Founders of this company continued to stand behind me through my cancer battle, they also offered to watch my son when I was so sick I couldn’t see straight from chemotherapy, they cooked me several weeks’ worth of meals for me and son so I didn’t have to worry about it, they offered to pay for any child care that I might need so I could rest, they have allowed me to take off whatever time I needed to get better, they also told me that once I was on the other side of this Cancer thing they would include me in the company leadership trip to London so I had something to look forward to. Sadly, a recently terminated employee posted that this company only cares about cars, and trips and money, if this was true then I would never have been treated with such compassion and generosity. This industry is clearly not for everyone but I can tell you that I would not want to work for any other company, the owners invest and care about you and it’s not a crime for someone to want you to work hard. It doesn’t matter what company you go into you will be expected to work and contribute to the growth of the company. Staffing isn’t for everyone but I can tell you that if you do work for Equity and you work with focus and efficiency it will be one of the best experiences of your life. If you just want to punch a time card and collect a paycheck you won’t last long here.
    Oh and I have been here for over two years and plan on being here many more!!!!

ConsI don’t see how there can be any cons when they are standing behind someone that has cancer. I don’t just have a cold, I have cancer.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for standing behind me, thank you for being a support system for me when I don’t have any family out here.

Worked for Equity Staffing Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equity Staffing Group reviews and ratings. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Equity Staffing Group employees.