Equity Trust Company

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Jeffrey Desich

World Class Atmosphere

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe new building contructed in Westlake has brought the company and the overall working atmosphere at ETC to a new level. The convenience of a gym, full health driven cafeteria and massage therapist has created a fun yet professional environment that is motivating and inspiring. The health programs and staff personal trainer shows you that the company cares about not just your work life, but your overall health as well. Everyone knows that work can be stressful, but having so many amenities and benefits makes it a lot less stressful. From my time at ETC I have seen tremendous personal growth in both my professional career and my health and have been promoted 3 times in my nearly 4 year tenure. The training is also top notch as they give you all the tools and hands on training that you need to not just preform your job, but to gain knowledge and succeed in your position.

ConsSome poeple take the relaxed atmosphere too far and since moving from the previous branch my commute has become longer.

Changing Culture

Other (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

ProsMy experience at Equity Trust has been very positive and the culture is great. The company has experienced a lot of growth lately and recently moved into a new building. The new space is a great work environment. It's bright and open and allows the different groups to work together more easily. There are also so many great amenities and benefits - massage, dry cleaning, cafe, and fitness center complete with classes.

ConsWith all the increased growth, it seems some of the processes are still catching up. Management and their teams are working on improving these things, but it takes time. Clients and customers still expect top-notch service and are sometimes frustrated and the employees are caught in the middle.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay involved and support the employees. Employees appreciate that they get recognized for doing a great job and love having direct involvement from those above so they don't feel out on their own.

Client-focused, collaborative atmosphere

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

ProsAll employees take part in a formal training process regardless of position. While it is a larger company, the people that work here are great and it is easy to meet and talk with people. All the employees are very nice and are always willing to help a co-worker in need whether they are dealing with a personal issue or need assistance for a client. The new building provides great amenities to its employees including a wellness center, cafe with food and coffee and a masseuse on staff to provide free massages to employees.

ConsCommunications between different teams could be improved, also changes to process are not always communicated to groups that it impacts.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake advice from employees to heart and also consider how changes in the business will impact not only our clients but our employees.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company on the rise

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

ProsBesides the brand new building complete with a gym, cafeteria and massage therapist; we also have just great people to work with on a daily basis that will support the work you are doing. There are also a lot of opportunities to advance. The training prepares you for most of what you would see every day and it is constantly being refined to catch the things that come up. Its like working with family here.

ConsWe have some issues getting information from one department to another quickly. It can be hard on the clients at times because they perceive things get lost, when it is simply in process.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep evolving in this way. Let's also have more opportunities to meet as a company

Overall Very Good Place to Work

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe interest they take in the health & well being of their employees since the move to Westlake is impressive.

ConsCommunication between teams is sometimes a nightmare.

Advice to Senior ManagementSay what you mean and mean what you say!

Great Company to work for! Lots of opportunity for advancement!

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 8 years

ProsEquity Trust company cares about its employees. While I personally have been with the company a combined total of 8 years, I have had plenty of opportunities to advance and develop more skills than I have ever dreamed of. I was also here during the hard times, example being the last system conversion, and yes it was difficult but I believed that the company would turn the moral around. Which in my mind they definitely have! The new facility definitely shows how much they care about their employees all around well being. Having a cafeteria that provides awesome food, a gym with awesome classes/equipment, and a free 15 mins massage every month to me shows how much they care.

ConsEverywhere you work, you will always have things that you do not agree with. I may have some things that I do not understand or agree with but all in all, they are things that I can't work around or deal with!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice I have is to keep doing what they are doing!

Company & Culture is great, management is terrible.

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

Prosthe company, it's great!!! great benefits, personal growth, employee training, great culture, great perks... a gym, a great cafe/coffee bar, massages

Conscompensation, they hire from the outside instead of promoting from within... it takes people a long time to learn and understand this business. the sales manager has really made the sales floor dissatisfied, people are leaving just because of him.

Advice to Senior Managementstop hiring higher up positions from the outside. promote from within, promote people who do their job well. stop driving people away.

Overall Great Company

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

ProsEquity Trust certainly supports promoting from within. I was with ETC for less than a year, prior to receiving a promotion. The new Headquarter building was designed to offer all employees many wonderful amenities such as: gym, fitness classes, walking trail, on-site dry cleaning, cafe, take home meal service, etc. These wellness opportunities enhance the life of any employee working here. Equity's overall environment offers its workers a work/life balance. ETC, while avoiding the large, cold, corporate feel; is still very successful but continues to provide that small, intimate, family style dynamic.

ConsPrior to merging our two Ohio offices, employee engagement and unification were issues requiring concentration. Since our move to Westlake, there has been a large increase in cohesiveness in these areas, however, there is still room for improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many different styles of management throughout the company. In order to achieve consistency, it would be ideal for ETC to align with standard management procedures throughout the organization.

Operations associate

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits from medical to 401k and vacation time. Fellow coworkers are friendly and with the new building I feel they are really making an effort to invest in their employees. Great place to be.

ConsCommunication between upper management and employee is shaky at best. Recognition and positive feedback is kept to a minimum and not shown by executives enough.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Real estate liason

Real Estate Liaison (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe hours and the money, vacation time

ConsClients should be aware that there is a processor that looks them up ( googles private information) then informs all of the other employees what the client has done. The clients information is not secure or discreet.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone of the managers, supervisors or upper management could do any of the same work we do nor do they care to. Its all about the almighty $

Worked for Equity Trust Company? Contribute to the Community!

Equity Trust Company Videos

Equity Trust Company – Why Work for Us?

Equity Trust: A Leading Provider of Self-Directed IRAs Equity Trust is the nation's leading provider of Self-Directed IRAs and 401ks, with over 130,000 clients in all 50 states and approximately $12 billion of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equity Trust Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Equity Trust Company CEO Jeffrey Desich . All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Equity Trust Company employees.