Equitymetrix Reviews

Reset
2.1
Thomas J. Agnew

good

Pros

good learning environment where u can put in your skills

Cons

no support from senior persons

Advice to Management

nothing

Intern

Former Employee - Software Intern in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Software Intern in Arlington, TX

I worked at Equitymetrix (Less than a year)

Pros

Learnt new technologies. IT team is really great

Cons

Everything is messed up no one knows what they are doing

Absolutely terrible

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Equitymetrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company idea. Horrible execution. Nice to see the advantage of digitized documents in the oil and gas industry.

Cons

CEO is down right awful to the employees. Unrealistic goals are set from the very beginning, ultimately setting every new project for failure before they even begin.

Advice to Management

Give up while your ahead

Equitymetrix: the Black Hole of Dreams and where they go to die.

Former Employee - Lease Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Lease Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Equitymetrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none there are literally none.

Cons

I'm generally a happy person. While I worked here, I was the most depressed I have ever been. My stint at EquityMetrix made me question my self-worth and general sanity. There are so many things wrong with this company, I do not even know where to begin. -Hires classes of "Analysts" fresh out of college with promises of "Analytical" work in the Oil and Gas industry and a young culture. This work actually includes mundane, repetitive administrative work. Every. Day. When I got my computer only to find that I had not been given Excel and was told to "just use google sheets..it's like the same thing"...I knew that I had made a very, very poor decision. -Send college graduates on "scanning trips" for months at time. Yes, it's exactly like it sounds. -On said scanning trips, attempt to not pay these employees fair compensation for expenses. Employees that pushed back and fought for fair expense compensation were let go shortly thereafter with zero warning. -Project managers have terrible time management skills. Would ask analysts to work a 70-80 hour week leading up to delivering a project when extra work easily could have been spread out over 4 weeks or so. -Bad mouth former employees in front of everyone at the office. I could go on and on about this, but the other negative reviews sum it up quite nicely. They're all true. Well, minus the very obviously fake ones. If you respect yourself as a human being, don't work for this company.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like crap. Hire temps and interns to do your scanning. Get a better product. And yes, I think we all know now that Tom Agnew isn't the second coming of Jesus Christ like everyone that drank the kool aid believed.

RUN!

Current Employee - Lease Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Lease Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

They're good at fabricating their own positive reviews on Glassdoor.

Cons

Everything. This comment box doesn't contain enough characters to describe all that is wrong with this company. If you work here, prepare for the worst job you will ever have.

Advice to Management

Value your employees!! Churning and burning employees will get you nowhere, and make for a terrible work environment. Respect employees time and don't keep them all hours because of YOUR lack of time management.

A complete mess

Former Employee - IT Department in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Department in Dallas, TX

I worked at Equitymetrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Snacks - free lunches alot - real vision in company direction

Cons

Vision isn't enough. Worked in IT dept for over half a year. Some amazing incompetence in IT dept. CEO has a fanatic hatred of all things Microsoft pushes to have everyone use open source software. Might work if rest of staff was technical with Libre and Linux. CEO just technical enough to ask for projects to be completed that are technically impossible. No data security. Very cliquish corporate atmosphere, including public mocking and derision of former employees. Sales team makes promises to customers that company doesn't often have the technology to complete. Layoffs occur with no warning. Turnover at company is amazingly high. Very few of my original coworkers remained when I left.

Advice to Management

Take CEO out of tech decisions. He is very technical but should stick to only running the business, not the tech. Hire managers with better people skills. Stop running groups with frat or sorority house attitude.

8. Good Starter Job

I worked at Equitymetrix full-time

Pros

You can make the job look impressive when looking for exit opportunities. The job opened a lot of doors for me and although the experience wasn't applicable to my next job, I was able to spin it in a way that made my work relevant.

Cons

Not a place that you can build a career and the pay won't provide for a comfortable lifestyle. Unfortunate but understandable as the work is very easy.

Advice to Management

Take care of your own and keep them happy, they will be important to the future success of the company.

Great Company with Huge Potential

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Equitymetrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-EMX is a GREAT place to work! EquityMetrix offers the ability to quickly move up in your career and propel yourself within the energy industry. If you are a motivated self starter, this company is the place for you! -Company feels like family - lots of young employees with a caring and supportive management. -You have a ton of freedom at EMX - if you don't like the role you're in, talk to your manager about switching to a position that better fits your strengths. In two years, I moved from analyst, to business analyst, to marketing, to sales - and got to experience more in two years than most of our clients who had been working in the industry for 5+ years. -It's easy to stand out if you're willing to put in the work. The office empties out around 6pm. If you're willing to put in an extra 30min everyday and stay until 6:30-7, it makes a huge difference. -EMX has a much better benefit package and travel reimbursement policy than my old big 4 job had. -Breakfast and Free snacks!

Cons

A lot of the analysts who work here haven't had any real work experience other than college "internships" and don't understand what it means to actually have a real job - (and not just show up and hang out at a desk for 40 hrs a week). Very frustrating when you're staying late to finish a project on time and co-workers leave early, because its a Thursday and "they need to get ready to go out."

Advice to Management

Hire people with more real world work experience (consulting, finance, act internships) who are looking to excel quickly in their career.

sugar, we're going down swinging!

Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Equitymetrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They really motivate you when you're hired. They tell you about the limitless growth, leadership academies, sponsorship for any training or certification you so choose, lunch and snacks provided, etc. Really makes you excited about this company's outlook!

Cons

Once you're hired, you feel cheated. You see coworkers around you getting laid off for no apparent reason. Countless promises have been unfulfilled (talk to the ex-coworkers that are still owed thousands of dollars). They make you sign a "non-disclosure" that was pretty much a response to everyone writing a glassdoor review. 15 of my coworkers were pretty much laid off for starting a hoot over EMX's terrible reimbursement policy. Cash is STRAPPED here. Don't expect any loyalty or any WRITTEN promises actually executed. You've read what everyone else has to say below me. Believe them.

Advice to Management

You aren't fooling anybody. We can see the fabricated reviews. We know you are trying to sell the company. You sent valuable employees on their way with ONLY 15 DAYS OF HEALTH INSURANCE AND SALARY COVERED. Don't bother trying to turn this ship around, and best of luck trying to find willing partners who actually believe you are visionaries.

Intern

Pros

Everybody is young and laid back.

Cons

All you do is scan leases, all day.

Advice to Management

Supervise interns more.

RSS Feed </> Embed