Equivalent Data

Equivalent Data Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Medrano

I love my career with EQD

EDD Engineer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsI was searching whitepapers tonight, browsing about my company a bit to see any news and this junk showed up. The people who left the insane reviews on this page were seriously lazy - I believe I know each and every one of them and they will be posting reviews like this for the rest of their lives. In any company if you don't work hard, are lazy, don't care, etc. you will never be happy with comp or the way management perceives you and you deserve to become a “Former Employee”!

I have been with the company, in the EDD Lab, around five years now and let me tell you – it has been the greatest work experience of my life. I started off as a total noob in the eDiscovery world but with the help and guidance of “Senior Management” such as Steve Mathis and Mike Mirabella I now have a career – not a job. Regarding the low salary statement – most companies will not bring a noob in at 100k. I have increased my salary by multiples in a five year period through hard work - find that elsewhere. Regarding the “all male” statement – there are female employees in every department and from what I have seen they are all happy and excel at their jobs. I watch MM and SM interview for positions and have listened to them discuss the process and these men are fair, interviewing both men and women constantly, extend job offers to both men and women, and treat all women with the upmost professionalism, dignity, and respect. Regarding the “few employees do all the work” statement - yes, every department has their all-stars and those employees can do the work of multiple people. I have never seen any nepotism that allows employees to be lazy and not work. The only non-workers are most likely the ones who wrote the negative reviews here, aside from the disgruntled project manager who actually made the comment. As for working “8-24 hours at any given notice” – if you plan to have a job and not work 8 hours a day you may want to find a nice little shaded area under a freeway underpass or in your mother’s basement. eDiscovery is project based and when a client needs something turned quick, we will get the job done. I have personally worked over 44 straight hours to get a project out the door. Guess what, senior management never once asked me to do that – that is my work ethic and the company has handsomely rewarded me for it. Those long days are once in a blue moon and nobody bats an eye when the work needs to get done. To expand on this point, I give my all to this company and when I need something in my personal life everyone jumps in to help. I have had “Senior Management” reach into their own pockets to offer help when I had a major financial hit, I have seen them do the same with other employees – definitely not money grubbing as described in these posts. Anyway, if you want a company that will respect you, take care of you, teach and mentor you, then this is the company. BUT – you will have to work… you cannot just sit on your rear, expect everyone to do your work for you, and never apply yourself… I would jump in front of a bullet for all of my superiors and their families, and I believe each and every one of them would do the same for me.

Also, I was not asked to write this review and I hope the men and women who have worked so hard to make this amazing company what it is never have to read the insane statements in some of the other posts...

Last thing - the software is solid. I work with that "slapdash" software every day and have for the past five years.

ConsThere isn't a table outside to eat at when the weather is nice - that really chaps my hide. Other than that... I don't really have anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuy some tables! =)

Last resort

Lab Tech (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsNone. My time that I've worked at this company has been a waste. The "skill set" that I acquired has not helped me one bit in finding a new job.

Cons-Overworked and underpaid
    -Expect to work from 8-24 hours at any given notice.
    -They tell you that you can move up but they just keep giving you a run around. "You just need to do this next"
    -There's no actual training, you learn on the job. So when you fall flat on your face 2 years later because you're doing two different jobs, they let you go and dont want to help you improve.
    -If someone doesn't like you personally, they will keep pointing out your flaws till you break.
    -Say goodbye to your family, friends, and your social life. This job will eat it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWay to ignore the 2nd shift completely, we never had a voice.

Equivalent DATA is a great and professional place to work!

Director (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsI have worked for Equivalent Data for 5+ years and have loved it! The company is willing to challenge their employees and help them grow as a person. I have always found the company to be extremely supportive of all my ideas.

Working for an eDiscovery company can be challenging but well worth the experience. The company continues to grow and look into the future to improve software and implement long range goals.

ConsThe only con I think of is I wish we were allowed to bank our PTO days and not have to use them every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior management is great to work with. Thank you for providing a wonderful environment and company!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to go...to go elsewhere.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThey are funny, laid-back, and very fun to talk to. They exude a family atmosphere and profess to be open to having families and life outside of work

ConsYou get paid very little to work extremely hard. They bring you in making nearly nothing, want you to work 50-60 hours a week, and perform the tasks of 3-4 people. The hardest workers do almost all of the work while slackers (who are friends with the upper management team) are in no danger of termination. There are about 6 people in the company who put in about 85% of the work.

It's a company of nearly-all males. There are only a few women there and, with the exception of one woman in project management, they have inconsequential positions. If you are a man who has children and a family, you're given all the leeway in the world at this position (to leave early, take time off, work from home). If you don't have kids, you should bet that you're the one working nights and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe software they have created is slapdash and causes monumental issues and they refuse to hire the people that will make it work (proper QA team, proper developers, etc). Instead, the VPs will hold tightly to their money and continue to pay their workers (the backbone of their organization) a pittance until the person leaves for a job that actually pays and treats them well. When they have an issue with an employee, they move him/her to a different department rather than having a three-strikes rule and terminating them. They haven't figured out yet that this ideology will eventually leave them with no good employees and because they will not fire the bad apples/lazy workers, they will eventually only have a team of bad apples/lazy workers and will create a reputation that only the cheapest companies will use them.

A "Stepping-Stone" Company

Houston, TX

ProsThis is really a "stepping-stone" company. Its a place people go to go somewhere else. The experience is great in that you are exposed to many different types of cases/matters within e-discovery/litigation support. They are known for having talented people and are also known for not knowing how to keep them. As such, other vendors scout their PM and analyst talent heavily. Thus...the revolving door. Bottom line, if you work here and work hard and do your time...you'll get a great position somewhere else.

ConsIf you show a hint of talent you are over-worked with the promise of better pay in the future. That future never really comes. They have meetings with everyone all the time to say things are getting better...and nothing ever comes. So everyone spends their time building contacts with clients and updating their resumes. The focus is on the sales team...nothing else. The sales team knows very little about what they are selling. I agree with a previous review about those in management and upper management...all male. The only women work in admin positions. The attitude of the company clearly reflects this lack of diversity. Lots of diversity the lower down the totem pole you get.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much to say here. Its all been said before. You will continue to hire great talent...and loose them. Also, try to manage your finances a little better. Purchasing a $4 million building and then asking your people to take a cut in pay just seems wrong.

ProsI have to say I haven't worked anywhere that has treated me like they do here and I'm a woman. This company has been very good to me and I want to say thank you. I've worked at the company for several years and they are generous to people, mostly to those who have proven themselves after a few years. I'm plan to retire from this company.

ConsI'd like to see us do more healthy initiatives for the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and thank you, the 99% of your employee work force loves it here.

Worked for Equivalent Data? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equivalent Data reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Equivalent Data CEO Mike Medrano. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Equivalent Data employees.