Era Living Reviews

1. Previous Employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sammamish, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sammamish, WA

I worked at Era Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful communities with terrific amenities. Good staff.

Cons

Great IDEA for a retirement community, but greedy owners. It generally all comes down to the bottom line. Stressful job.

Advice to Management

Remember that we are in the business for the residents.

Currently searching elsewhere

I have been working at Era Living full-time

Pros

Wonderful residents and decent coworkers (not management)

Cons

Very unorganized, no room to grow, too much negativity, and lack of communication

Advice to Management

There are probably 3 different job descriptions for my position. People will pass THEIR work onto you because no one really knows what their responsibilities are. Management is quick to point out anything that goes wrong, but you will never hear praise for doing something right or going above and beyond. My advice is to get organized and learn how to communicate. Also, stop hiring people out of desperation. I have seen some of the worst employees get hired just to fill a position.

n/a

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Era Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with residents and good people can provide a lot of pros. Benefits for full time.

Cons

Little flexibility, it seems that there is a huge gap between directors and other employees. Little room for upward mobility

Advice to Management

Connect with your employees on a human level. It is nice to feel as though the workplace does not foster a two- tiered society

Resident assistant

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Era Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ida Culver is a great place because it is part of the ERA living retirement communities. The training is very good here. 401k and benefits if you are full time. Chef is award winning and staff gets free lunch and dinner. Free parking.

Cons

It is not as luxurious looking as its sister communities.

stress management

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Era Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

6 month of work it was ok because I didn't know people after year I learned a lot most of the supervisers ( directors) up to now they don't know how important is company's statement of mission.

Cons

If maagers keeps heads down on proffessional decisions they make over there juniors the company will keep loose its integrity and in end will affect its own labour market. And bad image to prospective residents who may fear that such image may course employee to negliate them. This company needs practitioners not traditional business culture.

Advice to Management

It is really difficult for my friends andrelative to join this two sters only because it means management is failing somehow to make job satisfacation. In long run this will affect the company life walmart in Germany.

Too bad I can't leave negative stars

I worked at Era Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The residents are wonderful

Cons

Lack of raises No management support Favoritism Lying management No advancement Gives no Christmas bonus/party.

Advice to Management

Don't hire Executive Directors that never come out of there office and who don't like to interact with people or who lie. You have managers that yell at staff and other managers and are still working there. You have managers that schedule activities that put residents at risk. You are only interested in money and how full you can pack your buildings. Then when people get sick or become an inconvenience you kick them out. You ignore sexual harassment complaints and just fire the complainant.

If you love constant Disarray this is your company

I have been working at Era Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lack of leadership in the field allows one to feel as though the are creating their own way. Flexible schedule, because no one cares till there is an issue.

Cons

Lack of leadership, Lack of support at every level. Many upper management have little to no experience which leaves them over compensating at times. Corporate officers are afraid to visit communities. Residents feel like they are just a number and not valued while staff feel abandoned and unappreciated a majority of the time. For Sales they have changed the bonus structure at least twice in 2 years and for the worse. As soon as you start doing well and moving people in they change the % with no explanation or warning.

Some of the teams are great to work on but the overall company doesn't appear to care very much about its employees.

Current Employee - Cook in Issaquah, WA
    Current Employee - Cook in Issaquah, WA

I have been working at Era Living part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being a cook has its benefits. I work with a great group of people and my chef does a good job. In terms of the team I work in I really enjoy it and most of the people on the team I work with are what keep me there. -401k even if you are part time. Good benefits for full time employees. -Christmas bonus is nice and part time people receive it but if I am not mistaken the residents are the ones who pay into the Christmas bonus pool. -Lots of freedom in the kitchen to come up with new dishes and put your own twist on things but that is going to be based on your Chef. -The lower end jobs are usually fairly flexible for High School or College students.

Cons

-The company does not seem to care about its employees very much, or at least the lower level ones. The managers aren't given money to take employees out or provide perks or incentives. -Background checks take forever to process as does the direct deposit. -No full time benefits if you go from part time to full time for say several months during the summer. -Stress usually comes from things that shouldn't even happen. -Don't really feel like I can make any changes to the organization or output my opinion to hire ups. -Many new things seem to take forever to become implemented putting undue stress on everyone. -You have to deal with a lot of unreliable people in the lower level positions. -Pay in the lower level positions starts higher than most similar positions but hard work generally doesn't net much of an increase in pay. For example, I have only gotten a total of 75 cents in raises in the course of 4 years moving from Dishwasher to Cook with 3 other positions in between.

Advice to Management

After starting an internship with a new company I was truly made aware of all the negative aspects I was thinking existed. Your employees are your lifeblood so treat them right and make them feel valued even the low level ones.

Horrid

I worked at Era Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Residents relatively oblivious to corrupt mgmt Nurturing environment for residents Caring Resident Assistants Free meals, reduced fare ORCA

Cons

Manipulative, intimidating leadership Openly lied to by various staff and the management Very little job training offered Negative reinforcement; never expected praise or confidence in work performance Ambiguous direction from supervisor Directors making fun of residents and employees Favoritism by management Varying expectations, based upon the management's level of interest in you and not work ethics or performance No encouragement by supervisor Psychologically taxing and hostile work environment

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, encourage collaboration and honesty. Stand by the core values you preach in orientation and learn to value the people working beneath you - they are not just commodities.

Owners spend without restraint

Former Employee - Construction Management
    Former Employee - Construction Management

I worked at Era Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Local company, decent benefits, dedicated employees who really care about the seniors they serve in the communities owned by this company.

Cons

Owners are definitely in the 1%...blew out the budget of every project with lavish spending and myriad changes, then cried poor mouth while laying off the entire project team. If they had shown some fiscal responsibility, most roles could have been preserved.

RSS Feed </> Embed