Erickson Living
www.ericksonliving.com Catonsville, MD

Erickson Living Reviews in Catonsville, MD

Updated Jul 3, 2014
Erickson Living – Hingham – “Main Clubhouse”

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun place to work

Manager (Current Employee)
    Catonsville, MD

ProsGreat place to work very family oriented atmosphere. These people work hard yet know how to have a good time doing it.

ConsCompensations is low compared to market.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within and give equitable promotions.

A Good Place to Work

Catonsville, MD

ProsThis is an ethical company that has a core business of SNF and Long Term Care for it's healthcare services. They are rolling-out a Person Centered Approach model throughout all healthcare business lines. They are expanding their home health and hospice business lines through a new parent company.

ConsRestructuring at corporate level in an attempt to integrate all health services.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease let the corporate positions resume back to their original job descriptions. The restructuring has caused confusion and diluted business line service delivery.

Appearances mean more than people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Catonsville, MD

ProsStaff committed to doing good work. Excellent benefits.

ConsTerrible work-life balance. Even if your job can be done occasionally at home, they won't allow it. Management is more concerned with appearing to be a great company, than actually being a great company. In corporate, there is considerable turnover of senior leaders, and it appears the ones that go are the ones that won't tow the party line. This organization regularly discounts any feedback from staff that is negative, which means nothing gets better.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one expects you to be perfect and you're not. There is always room for growth. Your employees actually do have good ideas and insights into what makes a successful work environment. Listen to them.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to work

Information Technology (Former Employee)
    Catonsville, MD

ProsCompany has a very good culture with good people
    Very good leadership and management

ConsThey have limited growth opportunities but its not a con as they are mid size company

Great place to get experience

Senior Accountant (Former Employee)
    Catonsville, MD

ProsI did a lot of things while I was there and got a lot of great experience. Fun people to work with too.

ConsUpper management with overblown egos and low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked for the company before it went bankrupt and was sold at auction, so I can't attest to the conditions now. I would guess that Mr Davis is a much more solid businessman than John Erickson ever was, so I would guess things are better at least in regards the stability of the company.

John Erickson's initial success went to his head, and he overextended the company and made other unsound decisions such as placing his children with no business experience in top management positions and paying his extravagant living expenses out of the corporate pot. Fortunately, I saw what was coming years before a lot of others did, and I got out. So many people lost careers and a lot of money when the company went under.

Speaking of John Erickson, I passed him on the stair one time, said "hello", and he rolled his eyes.

In another example of egotism, one of the executives hired his golf instructor into an entry level professional position. Everyone, and I mean everyone including all the lower and mid-level managers were coming up to him and introducing themselves.

Great Employer

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Catonsville, MD

ProsTakes care of their employees. Good benefits.

ConsLow salary compared to other companies.

Worked for Erickson Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Erickson Living reviews and ratings in Catonsville, MD. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Erickson Living employees.