Erickson Living

www.ericksonliving.com

Erickson Living Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Erickson Living – Hingham – “Main Clubhouse”

Awesome place to work

Security Officer EMT (Former Employee) Parkville, MD

ProsBenefits are excellent: Health insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Discounts to things like cell phones, car rentals, etc...

ConsTime off and attendance policies are very strict. I had a unique family situation and they were not willing to work with me.

Felt like the end times, and then it was.

Corporate Communications (Former Employee) Catonsville, MD

ProsColleagues are generally pleasant. Benefits are unremarkable, but not as bad as many other places. The communities are very pleasant places for customers to live.

ConsAs a corporate culture, it's all the founder all the time, with giant portraits of the CEO above the mantle in the various communities. His kids are throughout the organization. It's also overtly Christian, again because of the founder, so that required some getting used to. Between the cult-y hallowing of the family name and the frequent gratitude for blessings and such, it could be oppressive at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs I understand, the company today may no longer be under the founders' control, so that's got to break up the cult of personality around them. So keep that up.

A Good Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Catonsville, MD

ProsThis is an ethical company that has a core business of SNF and Long Term Care for it's healthcare services. They are rolling-out a Person Centered Approach model throughout all healthcare business lines. They are expanding their home health and hospice business lines through a new parent company.

ConsRestructuring at corporate level in an attempt to integrate all health services.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease let the corporate positions resume back to their original job descriptions. The restructuring has caused confusion and diluted business line service delivery.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The residents are the only reason worth staying.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glen Mills, PA

ProsWorking with the residents is frequently very rewarding. And you know your job can positively affect someone's retirement.
    There are many different people who make up the staff: culturally, ethnically, and economically, etc.
    Onsite lunch options that are moderately priced.
    Campus is aesthetically pleasing.

ConsCorporate mandated drinking of the 'kool-aide' (aka, Training sessions, Buzz Words, other huge wastes of time).
    Benefits are passable, but not great, and they still cost the employee money.
    Salaries are low, and promotions & raises are hard to find.
    Values are frequently preached and seldom truly upheld.
    Development & opportunities for growth are few and far between or lack luster.
    No paid maternity leave.

Appearances mean more than people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Catonsville, MD

ProsStaff committed to doing good work. Excellent benefits.

ConsTerrible work-life balance. Even if your job can be done occasionally at home, they won't allow it. Management is more concerned with appearing to be a great company, than actually being a great company. In corporate, there is considerable turnover of senior leaders, and it appears the ones that go are the ones that won't tow the party line. This organization regularly discounts any feedback from staff that is negative, which means nothing gets better.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one expects you to be perfect and you're not. There is always room for growth. Your employees actually do have good ideas and insights into what makes a successful work environment. Listen to them.

I used to like it here but it went down the hill mangement was not the best

Dishwasher/Waitstaff (Former Employee) Parkville, MD

Prosused to get free food.

Consbunch of stuff bad mangemet skills manger was a jerk

Advice to Senior Managementcare about the job

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOne of the friendliest people you could work for

ConsThe hiring process is long at times

Communication Specialist

Communication Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGreat at promoting team building, wonderful training, encourages to learn and do things independently. Wonderful marketing department, everyone works together well. Benefits are great.

ConsNot much room for growth when in lower position. Some communities run with less employes so there are times when work is loaded on.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiscuss personal growth and communicate with employees more.

Fun place to work

Manager (Current Employee) Catonsville, MD

ProsGreat place to work very family oriented atmosphere. These people work hard yet know how to have a good time doing it.

ConsCompensations is low compared to market.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within and give equitable promotions.

Great Place to work

Information Technology (Former Employee) Catonsville, MD

ProsCompany has a very good culture with good people
    Very good leadership and management

ConsThey have limited growth opportunities but its not a con as they are mid size company

Worked for Erickson Living? Contribute to the Community!