Erickson Living

Updated September 25, 2014
2.9

CEO
1 Rating

Pros
  • well, the residents are very nice, and the employee benefits are great (in 4 reviews)

• very flexible work hours and days (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • If this is true, then why are employees of Ann's Choice encouraged to come to work sick (in 2 reviews)

• It's no surprise I've noticed a number of employees leaving Ann's Choice to instead go to Christ's Home (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Greensprings - Restaurant Associate (springfield)

Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Springfield, VA

I worked at Erickson Living part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loved my co-workers and some of my managers. The rest I cannot say anything positive about them

Cons

My hours, my hours, my hours. This is why I left because I wouldn't have. They cut my hours and I tried to get some more but the scheduler/manager didn't really feel like it.

Pay attention to the hardworking employees who want to work with Erickson Living for a longer time unless of course y'all decide to cut hours and makes things unstable for us.

Good Experience For First Job

Current Employee - Wait Staff in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Wait Staff in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Erickson Living part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Generous company that offered great scholarship opportunities and bonuses. Better than minimal wage as wait staff starts with a salary about a dollar above minimum wage (because there aren't any tips)... I've really learned a lot from my time at Erickson and feel like it has prepared me well for future jobs.

Cons

Raises are only in increments of about 35 cents no matter how well the employee does. The hours are kind of a pain because the restaurant is only open from 4-6 (the cafe is open all day though) so if you want lots of hours this probably shouldn't be your first choice.

Participate more with lower staff and try to make the company better. Only one of the four managers I have had actively participated in the company and gave the impression that he truly cared, the other three were just there and did not have much of an impact in my opinion.

My supervisor verbally abused me and threatened me. Erickson's response? Make my life miserable until I quit.

Former Employee - Communications Specialist (Front Desk) in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist (Front Desk) in Springfield, VA

I worked at Erickson Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Residents. Co workers. Food. Dinner. Days off. Double time and a half.
    Resident's family.
    Lunch.
    Campus.
    Residents.

Cons

Mean spirited. I have nothing nice to say, I should have sued them. I DID report them.
    Gossipy.
    Poor management.
    Horrible HR
    Discriminating

Server at Greensprings Village

Current Employee - Dining Services in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Dining Services in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Erickson Living part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Provide fairly great training, the hours are flexible so its a great job for a college student or high school student, If required hours and good grades are kept in school than scholarship opportunities are available

Cons

Management does tend to have favorites

Not sure how they made it on the Fortune's list of top 100 places to work. That's a crock.

Former Employee - Worker Bee in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Worker Bee in Springfield, VA

I worked at Erickson Living

Pros

Working with the residents is rewarding.

Cons

Management decisions and promotions are not based on actual performance. Annual performance appraisals are shoddy at best.

Executive management should really dig into the comments given on annual employee surveys. They are true but only a drop in the bucket. Dig in and you'll find more but don't bother unless you really plan on making the changes employees so desperately need.

Erickson Living Photos