Erickson

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
3.1

Udo Rieder

Good place to work, but still feels like Evergreen sometimes.

Former Employee - Pilot
    Former Employee - Pilot

I worked at Erickson full-time for more than a year

Pros

They support their contracts much better than Evergreen ever did. They also allowed base management the leeway to run the operation as they saw fit.

Cons

The 401K match is not even worth it. It is quite a joke how low the amount is. Health benefits were actually worse than Evergreen's too.

My experience has been great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Central Point, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Central Point, OR

I have been working at Erickson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is so much opportunity to contribute. The business and work is very challenging.

Cons

My experience has been very positive. I feel this is a company where you can come in and really make a difference. The company is also going through a transformation so the culture is forming and there is a lot of change...for the better. While many employees find the change to be exciting, there are quite a few who do not understand or accept the change.

Management needs to understand that while the business changes are exciting and challenging for many, there are a fair number of employees who have a hard time understanding why the company needs to change. Management needs to communicate more with the employees to help them understand the reasons for the change. Be honest with the employees...always. And...for those employees who are not willing to be a positive part of the change...they need to think about their options.

Very positive new hire experience! Excellent Executive Leadership and Management Team to work with.

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Portland, OR

I have been working at Erickson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Selecting Erickson as my "employer of choice" was definitely the right decision and a very positive change for me. I work with very dedicated, knowledgeable, strategic and thoughtful leaders. Much job satisfaction interacting at all levels of the organization and being valued for my contributions.

Cons

Given the thoughtful leadership at Erickson, employee engagement is already being addressed but maintaining the great company culture while in growth mode can always be a challenge.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hope it changes

I worked at Erickson full-time

Pros

Worker bees are dedicated and hard working

Cons

Upper managment does see the valvue of long term emploees

Your employees are your foundation

Can't imagine a better place to work

Current Employee - Machinist  in  Central Point, OR
    Current Employee - Machinist in Central Point, OR

I have been working at Erickson full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working here. The management seems to believe in treating people like human beings and truly appreciating a dedicated effort. I can't speak for everyone here, but I work in manufacturing and I honestly cannot imagine better supervisors or better working conditions. Want to work some overtime? Not a problem. Need to take off a little time for family or maybe just for no reason at all? Just ask. I've worked for more than a few different supervisors in different jobs and I can honestly say I have NEVER been treated as well as I am here at Erickson. They say, "please" and "thank you" and let you know you are appreciated nearly every day. The money is good, the benefits are a plus and the company is working to make things better for us all the time. I read some of the less-flattering reviews on here and I don't know the situations they worked in, but it sure wasn't where I work! I honestly could not be happier with the company, the product or the people I work with every day.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything I can think of I don't like. I mean, I have everything I need to do my job, my supervisors have done my job before so they understand the challenges I face as well as appreciate the successes and I make more money than I did working for the heavy-handed micro-managers at my last job. I know I've only been here about 7 months, but how bad can it be if I can't think of even one thing I don't like?

Lots of hard-working people love this place and feel a special sense of pride in what we do. Please consider that with every decision you make about our future.

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Mechanic Rotor Shop  in  Central Point, OR
    Former Employee - Mechanic Rotor Shop in Central Point, OR

I worked at Erickson full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job, if you live in the area.

Cons

New employees treated like dirt, no respect for divercity. They know you are stuck there once you are hired, there is no other major emploer in centeral point, Or.

Tell the truth and treat employees with (some) respect.

Seems good so far

Current Employee - Aviation Electrical Tech  in  Central Point, OR
    Current Employee - Aviation Electrical Tech in Central Point, OR

I have been working at Erickson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life is good. Job keeps you busy.

Cons

Murky outlook, needs updated procedures and policies.

Listen to your peoples ideas.

Why I wouldn't work for Erickson Air-Crane again.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Central Point, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Central Point, OR

I worked at Erickson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pros of this company is that for the most part the people there are like family. The work benefits are reasonable and they have a 401K. Those without a degree can still get promoted to a high paying position.

Cons

The cons are that if you are coming in with a degree and work experience your salary there won't compensate you for that. The jobs don't pay very well unless you are a pilot or upper management. They sometimes have the salaried working so much over-time that they end up with less than minimum wage pay. If you are good at what you do they over work you to the point you can't possibly do your best for them. They have been known to issue mandatory overt-time. This is not a good situation when mechanics become over tired. Also, be weary of the nepotism that goes on there.

Conduct yourself professionally around internal and external customers. Make sure all correspondence leaving the company is proofed. Brainstorm with the folks working in the trenches before making any major changes that would seriously effect the work environment, after all they are the heart and soul of the company.

Lots of change, which provides opportunity, but lots of Sr. Management turnover

Current Employee - Director  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Director in Portland, OR

I have been working at Erickson full-time

Pros

Was able to work on several projects that changed the strategic direction of the company.

Cons

Changed over a dozen VP and Director level positions in less than 3 years

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Engineering Department  in  Central Point, OR
    Current Employee - Engineering Department in Central Point, OR

I have been working at Erickson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, good leadership, and strong desire to succeed in the business.

Cons

Needs to invest in the company. Raises need to be given, along with upgrading software

Invest in technology

Worked for Erickson? Contribute to the Community!