Erickson

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Udo Rieder

My experience has been great.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Central Point, OR

ProsThere is so much opportunity to contribute. The business and work is very challenging.

ConsMy experience has been very positive. I feel this is a company where you can come in and really make a difference. The company is also going through a transformation so the culture is forming and there is a lot of change...for the better. While many employees find the change to be exciting, there are quite a few who do not understand or accept the change.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to understand that while the business changes are exciting and challenging for many, there are a fair number of employees who have a hard time understanding why the company needs to change. Management needs to communicate more with the employees to help them understand the reasons for the change. Be honest with the employees...always. And...for those employees who are not willing to be a positive part of the change...they need to think about their options.

Very positive new hire experience! Excellent Executive Leadership and Management Team to work with.

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsSelecting Erickson as my "employer of choice" was definitely the right decision and a very positive change for me. I work with very dedicated, knowledgeable, strategic and thoughtful leaders. Much job satisfaction interacting at all levels of the organization and being valued for my contributions.

ConsGiven the thoughtful leadership at Erickson, employee engagement is already being addressed but maintaining the great company culture while in growth mode can always be a challenge.

Can't imagine a better place to work

Machinist (Current Employee) Central Point, OR

ProsI love working here. The management seems to believe in treating people like human beings and truly appreciating a dedicated effort. I can't speak for everyone here, but I work in manufacturing and I honestly cannot imagine better supervisors or better working conditions. Want to work some overtime? Not a problem. Need to take off a little time for family or maybe just for no reason at all? Just ask. I've worked for more than a few different supervisors in different jobs and I can honestly say I have NEVER been treated as well as I am here at Erickson. They say, "please" and "thank you" and let you know you are appreciated nearly every day. The money is good, the benefits are a plus and the company is working to make things better for us all the time. I read some of the less-flattering reviews on here and I don't know the situations they worked in, but it sure wasn't where I work! I honestly could not be happier with the company, the product or the people I work with every day.

ConsI honestly don't have anything I can think of I don't like. I mean, I have everything I need to do my job, my supervisors have done my job before so they understand the challenges I face as well as appreciate the successes and I make more money than I did working for the heavy-handed micro-managers at my last job. I know I've only been here about 7 months, but how bad can it be if I can't think of even one thing I don't like?

Advice to Senior ManagementLots of hard-working people love this place and feel a special sense of pride in what we do. Please consider that with every decision you make about our future.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hope it changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorker bees are dedicated and hard working

ConsUpper managment does see the valvue of long term emploees

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are your foundation

Terrible place to work

Mechanic Rotor Shop (Former Employee) Central Point, OR

ProsIt's a job, if you live in the area.

ConsNew employees treated like dirt, no respect for divercity. They know you are stuck there once you are hired, there is no other major emploer in centeral point, Or.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the truth and treat employees with (some) respect.

Seems good so far

Aviation Electrical Tech (Current Employee) Central Point, OR

ProsWork life is good. Job keeps you busy.

ConsMurky outlook, needs updated procedures and policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your peoples ideas.

Why I wouldn't work for Erickson Air-Crane again.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Central Point, OR

ProsThe pros of this company is that for the most part the people there are like family. The work benefits are reasonable and they have a 401K. Those without a degree can still get promoted to a high paying position.

ConsThe cons are that if you are coming in with a degree and work experience your salary there won't compensate you for that. The jobs don't pay very well unless you are a pilot or upper management. They sometimes have the salaried working so much over-time that they end up with less than minimum wage pay. If you are good at what you do they over work you to the point you can't possibly do your best for them. They have been known to issue mandatory overt-time. This is not a good situation when mechanics become over tired. Also, be weary of the nepotism that goes on there.

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct yourself professionally around internal and external customers. Make sure all correspondence leaving the company is proofed. Brainstorm with the folks working in the trenches before making any major changes that would seriously effect the work environment, after all they are the heart and soul of the company.

Lots of change, which provides opportunity, but lots of Sr. Management turnover

Director (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsWas able to work on several projects that changed the strategic direction of the company.

ConsChanged over a dozen VP and Director level positions in less than 3 years

Awesome place to work

Engineering Department (Current Employee) Central Point, OR

ProsGreat team, good leadership, and strong desire to succeed in the business.

ConsNeeds to invest in the company. Raises need to be given, along with upgrading software

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in technology

Not a good place to work

Materials Supervisor (Current Employee) Central Point, OR

ProsGround level employees are very dedicated and work very hard at making the company a success. Many extremely knowledgeable long term employees that know the product.

ConsSenior managment is serving the equity investors very well. That is what they are paid to do and they are doing with minimal success. Middle management is frozen in fear and won't do anything politically risky.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in your hole in Portland and leave the employees alone. Your false promises and lies are not welcome and are not needed. Just stay away and serve your masters.

Worked for Erickson? Contribute to the Community!