Ericsson-Worldwide

3.6 1,658 reviews

Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg

Hans Vestberg

1,658 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Development is team-centric and work-life balance is taken seriously by management"
    in 122 reviews
  • "Work environment is very good and lot of onsite oppurtunities"
    in 119 reviews
Cons:
  • "In some of the profiles like mine, it's impossible to maintain work life balance"
    in 44 reviews
  • "Slow decision making in developing new products"
    in 37 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

ProsGreat benefits, 401k, stock matching. global opportunity.

ConsAnnual layoffs, nothing else I can think of.

Flag Review
    Ericsson-Worldwide Employer Branding and Social Media Specialist responded to this review Jun 13, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your review. Always nice to hear from our current employees. We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts.

Good company but very complex & highly political organization

Plano, TX

ProsThe best things about Ericsson are the great benefits, decent salary scale, overall positive work environment, and many competent and friendly colleagues from diverse backgrounds.

ConsCramped office space in North American HQ interferes with productivity. Training program largely focused on internal initiatives instead of bringing in outside experts. Extremely complex matrix organization combined with the Swedish consensus mentality makes for long meetings and extended time to reach decisions, ultimately stifling internal innovation and feeding office politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for ways to reorganize the company along functional lines and assess, objectively, deficiencies in process workflow.

Poor Company Politics/Poor Management

Plano, TX

ProsGood benefits, if you know where to look for them, great professional development opportunities and decent pay.

ConsWith the size of the company and the constant reorgs that take place, management poor/weak, there are so many changes that even management does not know what to do or how to prioritize; high churn and layoffs, too many members of management maintain that a process or system belongs to someone else instead of confirming; employees are left in limbo many times regarding roles and responsibilities and contractors are often treated with more respect than employees even in cases where they are not properly performing.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to communicate with your team no matter where they are. Understand what they are doing and work with them on goals, if there are issues, don't ignore them until it becomes an HR issue and if it is related to a tool, don't assume your global view aligns with the process, take the time to learn it even at a high level so you can understand what specific teams are doing and what the impact is.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was hard to get in the "in" crowd.

Telecom Engineer (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsI loved everything about the job until 3 levels of management left in 6 months. it was the blind leading the naked. I think it is a good company over all, but they use you up and spit you out.

ConsOver-worked, no positive reinforcement. Salary was okay, but not for the hours that were required under salary. If you were from Sweden you where held to a different standard that those from the USA.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't exchange 3 levels of management and expect to have good results. It wasn't that the new management VP down was doing things right, it was that they didn't do the right things right.

Good company with good work/life balance

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

Prospeople here are very nice

Consnot that much room for you to grow

Flag Review
    Ericsson-Worldwide Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review Jun 25, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your positive feedback. We recommend that you speak with your manager during your performance review about your career path and next move to help you grow.

Business and solutions manager

Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Pros- Stable and predictable corporate culture.
     - Good salary and benefits.

Cons- Too big with lots of corporate fat that needs to be trimmed
    - More focused on internal performance processes and politics than knowing their clients

Flag Review
    Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are building and supporting a culture where we always put customers (clients) first. That approach and the fact that we have best in class employess ... More

Ericsson-Philippines

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, global connections, travel abroad, up to date software, reorganization to lay off non performing employees.

ConsToo much work, management not thinking of the staff employees if they are loaded with too much work, team managers are lazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe reorganization was good. Employees were put in a team where they can excel.

Flag Review
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide us with feedback.

Lacking in Planning and Management

RF Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsNew office building in a good location

ConsOpen-concept offices. Very difficult to concentrate due to so many people around you on never-ending conference calls. Poor management, no over-site, lack of planning.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to implement "quiet zones" to promote increased productivity.

Flag Review
    Ericsson-Worldwide Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review Jun 22, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your review. Interesting to hear it, especially your idea on "quiet zones". We actually do have conference rooms within our open desk offices which can be booked for individual or ... More

Swedish Silo

Software Engineer IV (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits decent. Some cool and upcoming projects if you can get there. ie) Sweden

ConsComplete lack of visibility and culture between groups ===> redundancy. Total silo mentality. Swedish ex-pats favored over other mgmt for career breadth opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare wealth and knowledge among engineers. All mgmt above Dir level are just talking heads and don't know how to get the day's work done - fix that.

Flag Review
    Thank you for writing a review. We are happy that you liked the projects that are ongoing in Ericsson. We are equal opportunity employer and we will never favor someone based on their nationality.

RAN Services

Senior Ran Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsTraining, exposure to new technologies, knowledge.

ConsNo work life balance, annual objectives are subjective and up to the interpretation to 1st level managers hence biased raises and promotions.

Lack of diversity and professionalism within the RAN organization. Lots of corporate cronyism.

Poor talent retention.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is the problem particularly top management (directors and above). there is a great pool of talent (individual contributors) that is not utilized to its fullest capacity due to corporate bureaucracy.

RAN services organization is due for some serious clean up so its potential is realized.

Flag Review
    Ericsson-Worldwide Employer Branding and Social Media Specialist responded to this review Jun 18, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We appreciate your positive feedback around training and new technologies. We will also share your advice with our team. This information is always ... More

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Ericsson-Worldwide Videos

Ericsson-Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society. Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination. Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ericsson-Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg. All 1,658 reviews posted anonymously by Ericsson-Worldwide employees.