Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.6 1,819 reviews

Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg

Hans Vestberg

Pros
  • Development is team-centric and work-life balance is taken seriously by management(in 151 reviews)

• Work environment is very good and lot of onsite oppurtunities(in 129 reviews)

Cons
  • if you Job require you to work in Shift then work life balance is difficult(in 54 reviews)

• Poor initial planning leads to many changes in decision making and major inefficiencies(in 40 reviews)

1,819 Employee Reviews

Ericsson San Jose Location

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsExcellent Benefits
    Good Pay
    Good People
    Company truly does care about it's people

ConsEricsson is a Swedish company and tends to not understand the US culture
    Trying to influence change is extremely difficult
    Can be very cumbersome to get anything implemented or changed
    There tends to be a disconnnect between what top management wants/says and the employees who need to make the change. There is resistence among many long time employees - who do not want to make the changes.
    Unfortunately their administrative functions are set up regionally and trying to work cross country and try to by pass bureaucracy is almost impossible.
    IT systems are subpar

Ericsson-Worldwide Employer Branding and Social Media Specialist responded to this review

Jun 13, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review. It's always good to hear from our current employees - and nice to hear our employees say that Ericsson cares. We appreciate your constructive feedback ... More

Enjoyed working with my colleagues and good benefits

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsExcellent benefits. Good salary. Successfully navigated the consolidation of the telecommunications industry.

ConsOpportunities are limited in the US. High turnover and frequent layoffs.

Jun 13, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review. It's always good to hear from our current employees. We appreciate your constructive feedback. This information is valuable to our team in our effort to ... More

Program manager

ProsChallenging but very interesting. you need to be prepared for technology as well.

Constime zone difference makes you crazy. good cultural and good teams

Jun 12, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback. Time zones for a global company can be tricky but glad to hear you're enjoying it.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great

ProsEmpowering company to work for

ConsNothing in general at Ericsson

Jun 12, 2014

Thank you for your review. Great to hear your positive feedback. We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts.

Good employer

Project Manager (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsGood team environment, committed to success

ConsCan be difficult to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership and engagement

Jun 12, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback and advice.

Great Coporate Environment and Customer Centric

FSO (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsBenefits are great from their 100% covering health care cost, gracious vacation hours, education reimbursement, to a focus on quality of life.

ConsCan be challenging to move up in some locations outside of areas such a Plano or Overland Park.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions can be challenging if you do not know the right people and the majority of the managed services within the North American market consist of former Sprint employees and can muffle the true Ericsson business model that may hinder customer growth. Instead of bending backwards for the customer platform/expectations we need to build an Ericsson platform that gives the customer a service they did not know they needed.

Project Manager III

Customer Project Manager III (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

Prosvery good place with lots of opportunities for growth

ConsA lot of bureaucracies,you have a travel a lot if you would like to continue in PMO and no available projects in your area

Advice to Senior ManagementWork of the career development of the stuff

Innovative company, well managed if a little bureaucratic

Engineer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsOpportunities for advancement and variety.
    Highly ethical company.
    Interesting work.
    Talented group of people to work with.

ConsIt's a big company and so sometimes bureaucracy gets in the way of making quick decisions and fast progress.

New hire status

Field Service Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company with training, benefits and associates.

Consmay be responsible for equipment not being delivered. When work got slow company had major layoff. was able to work as contractor without benefits. As a contractor was given training, but left with limited or no supervision.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep full time workers more and longer. Wish equipment would be delivered on time.

Nice place to work. Most managers are great.

OSS/BSS Development Intern (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsFlexible work timings to plan work around course schedule as I was going to college at the same time.

ConsHesitation to use open source tools

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a more software oriented approach to business

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!