Ericsson-Worldwide

3.6 1,658 reviews

Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg

Hans Vestberg

1,658 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Development is team-centric and work-life balance is taken seriously by management"
    in 122 reviews
  • "Work environment is very good and lot of onsite oppurtunities"
    in 119 reviews
Cons:
  • "In some of the profiles like mine, it's impossible to maintain work life balance"
    in 44 reviews
  • "Slow decision making in developing new products"
    in 37 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fine global company, cold hearted US management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits and employee services are high end with low or no employee fees
    Strong internal e-training platform for advancing skills and competence
    Many opportunities for lateral moves and promotion
    Business casual office environment and nice facilities
    Flexible hours as long as you get your time and are available electronically
    Highly capable employee base make working with peers a joy

ConsCapricious executive management in US will keep you guessing in all the worst ways
    Senior managers who do not know their own organizational process/tools, or whom does what and why
    Managerial effectiveness is perceived as barking loudly and flogging staff.
    Friday night ‘fire drills’ frequently span into the weekend
    Reliance on layoffs to balance resource costs to finances several times a year, rather than solid resource management
    Reliance on a huge number of contractors even in critical positions. Enforced Contractor expirations guarantee turnover with little hand off and little ramp up of new resources.
    HQ centric. If you are not in Plano Texas then very few opportunities for career advancement exist.
    Direct line managers have a full time job and line manage in their spare time. They have no motivation to spend time on quality professional development plans or performance reviews for their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink before you demand. Plan before you act.
    Enforce processes and utilize tools before you resort to managing by fiat, Excel and email.
    Recognize weekends are not work time except when true urgent needs arise. Set the example yourself by unplugging.
    Find a way to re-balance resources in favor of full time employees

Flag Review
    Ericsson-Worldwide Employer Branding and Social Media Specialist responded to this review Jun 13, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts and feedback.

Workplace environment

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsAcquired Microsoft Mediaroom 6 months ago and it's still in transitional phase. So, not much to see the Ericsson effect. Slightly better salary than Microsoft's but ridiculously low benefits.

Cons. Ridiculously low benefits
    . Lots of hirings without any plans and visions.
    . More than 60% of the original employee have already left after the acquisition

Advice to Senior Management. Don't disappointment those smart people who were previously Microsoft's employees.
    . Had you not disappointed the Microsoft employee with ridiculously low benefits and other facilities, things would have been lot different.
    . With this rate, the only way is downhill.

Flag Review
    Ericsson-Worldwide Employer Branding and Social Media Specialist responded to this review Jun 12, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and also your recommendations on how we can improve our integration of Mediaroom and Ericsson. This information is valuable to ... More

ok place to work as a starter

Software Service Engineer (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

Prosgood learning opportunity from the projects and internal online session

ConsAs most of the big company, not very efficient

Advice to Senior Managementmore efficient

Flag Review
    Ericsson-Worldwide Employer Branding and Social Media Specialist responded to this review May 29, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback around learning opps. We also appreciate your recommendations on how we can improve.
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An "OK" Compnay

Solution Architect (Current Employee)
    San Juan, PR

Pros- Improving competence plan
    - Establishing good technical certification program

Cons- Do not necessarly recognize nor do not know how to keep good talent

Company treats Supply Chain with no respect

Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGreat benefits. Nice facilities. Company really does try. Very laid back and understanding of personal time sometimes getting in the way of work. Come in late / leave early is no big deal as long as you get your work done and don't abuse the privilege.

Conswrong people in the wrong positions. Some great ideas never get followed up on by line level managers. Managers are too in the details. Some employees get promoted up but are not allowed to relinquish prior duties. Don't expect any raise for 12 months after promotions. Good workers will and often do get worked into the ground carrying dead weight for others that should not be employed. This goes overlooked, uncorrected and at times taken advantage of.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the right workers in the right spots and lay back so as to manage the people. Some managers are very resistant to change and really holds the organization I came from back. The right thing is not always done

Poor Career Opportunities

Plano, TX

ProsFlexible working hours. Good opportunities to learn new technologies.

ConsWork culture in US region is not good, people are not friendly. Difficult to move or change job within US region. Company does not see its employees as key assets.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities and job satisfaction to employees.

Flag Review
    Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your positive feedback and also your recommendations on how we can improve. This information is valuable to our team in our effort to be a ... More

NOT a fun place to work if your supporting Sprint networks.

Senior Field Service Technician (Former Employee)

ProsPay is fairly good and being a European company, the time off is very good too.

ConsCons... Everything else! Groups are quickly shrinking and laying people off
    (or worse) forcing people to take positions they hate.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay away.

Confused and penny pinching management, Good playground to learn.

Customer Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

Pros- Challenging projects to learn the broad technology spectrum, especially if you are new to ICT industry.
    - If you want more work, then management will support to find new opportunities. Ofcourse!
    - Good place to create your contacts and understand how to work them when you need it.

Cons- Focus is shifting more towards internal process governance, and less focus on customer's requirements and your efforts to have maintained a happy customer.
    - Pretty diplomatic leadership, who expects high performance but no reward in terms of compensation or even simple verbal feedbacks.
    - Carrot and Stick approach which flows from the top.
    - Training comes way to late in the game, by then you are already fed to the wolves to figure things out yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to what you communicate and be responsible, Collect and provide specific feedback on performance, Give simple rewards to acknowledge the efforts.

Project Manager III

Customer Project Manager III (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

Prosvery good place with lots of opportunities for growth

ConsA lot of bureaucracies,you have a travel a lot if you would like to continue in PMO and no available projects in your area

Advice to Senior ManagementWork of the career development of the stuff

Nice place to work. Most managers are great.

OSS/BSS Development Intern (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsFlexible work timings to plan work around course schedule as I was going to college at the same time.

ConsHesitation to use open source tools

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a more software oriented approach to business

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Ericsson-Worldwide Videos

Ericsson-Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society. Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination. Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ericsson-Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg. All 1,658 reviews posted anonymously by Ericsson-Worldwide employees.