Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.6 1,821 reviews

Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg

Hans Vestberg

Pros
  • Development is team-centric and work-life balance is taken seriously by management(in 152 reviews)

• Work environment is very good and lot of onsite oppurtunities(in 130 reviews)

Cons
  • if you Job require you to work in Shift then work life balance is difficult(in 54 reviews)

• Poor initial planning leads to many changes in decision making and major inefficiencies(in 39 reviews)

1,821 Employee Reviews

ok place to work as a starter

Software Service Engineer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

Prosgood learning opportunity from the projects and internal online session

ConsAs most of the big company, not very efficient

Advice to Senior Managementmore efficient

Ericsson-Worldwide Employer Branding and Social Media Specialist responded to this review

May 29, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback around learning opps. We also appreciate your recommendations on how we can improve.

Workplace environment

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsAcquired Microsoft Mediaroom 6 months ago and it's still in transitional phase. So, not much to see the Ericsson effect. Slightly better salary than Microsoft's but ridiculously low benefits.

Cons. Ridiculously low benefits
    . Lots of hirings without any plans and visions.
    . More than 60% of the original employee have already left after the acquisition

Advice to Senior Management. Don't disappointment those smart people who were previously Microsoft's employees.
    . Had you not disappointed the Microsoft employee with ridiculously low benefits and other facilities, things would have been lot different.
    . With this rate, the only way is downhill.

Jun 12, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and also your recommendations on how we can improve our integration of Mediaroom and Ericsson. This information is valuable to ... More

An "OK" Compnay

Solution Architect (Current Employee) San Juan, PR

Pros- Improving competence plan
    - Establishing good technical certification program

Cons- Do not necessarly recognize nor do not know how to keep good talent

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company treats Supply Chain with no respect

Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat benefits. Nice facilities. Company really does try. Very laid back and understanding of personal time sometimes getting in the way of work. Come in late / leave early is no big deal as long as you get your work done and don't abuse the privilege.

Conswrong people in the wrong positions. Some great ideas never get followed up on by line level managers. Managers are too in the details. Some employees get promoted up but are not allowed to relinquish prior duties. Don't expect any raise for 12 months after promotions. Good workers will and often do get worked into the ground carrying dead weight for others that should not be employed. This goes overlooked, uncorrected and at times taken advantage of.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the right workers in the right spots and lay back so as to manage the people. Some managers are very resistant to change and really holds the organization I came from back. The right thing is not always done

Poor Career Opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsFlexible working hours. Good opportunities to learn new technologies.

ConsWork culture in US region is not good, people are not friendly. Difficult to move or change job within US region. Company does not see its employees as key assets.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities and job satisfaction to employees.

Jun 12, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your positive feedback and also your recommendations on how we can improve. This information is valuable to our team in our effort to be a ... More

NOT a fun place to work if your supporting Sprint networks.

Senior Field Service Technician (Former Employee)

ProsPay is fairly good and being a European company, the time off is very good too.

ConsCons... Everything else! Groups are quickly shrinking and laying people off
    (or worse) forcing people to take positions they hate.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay away.

Confused and penny pinching management, Good playground to learn.

Customer Project Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

Pros- Challenging projects to learn the broad technology spectrum, especially if you are new to ICT industry.
    - If you want more work, then management will support to find new opportunities. Ofcourse!
    - Good place to create your contacts and understand how to work them when you need it.

Cons- Focus is shifting more towards internal process governance, and less focus on customer's requirements and your efforts to have maintained a happy customer.
    - Pretty diplomatic leadership, who expects high performance but no reward in terms of compensation or even simple verbal feedbacks.
    - Carrot and Stick approach which flows from the top.
    - Training comes way to late in the game, by then you are already fed to the wolves to figure things out yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to what you communicate and be responsible, Collect and provide specific feedback on performance, Give simple rewards to acknowledge the efforts.

Neutral

RF Engineer I (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsLittle Benifits, great directors,good infrastructure

ConsHeavy Work load, not good wrk lyf balance, very less benifits

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be mor eorganized

Good Company to work for and develop ones skillset.

Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsChallenging, Flexibility to engage oneself, and family oriented workplace.

ConsContracting for too long and prospect of getting hired is slim to none. No feedback as a contractor and you may get by-passed for a full time position if a Manager complains about you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive contractors equal opportunity to apply for full time positions after they have proven themselves.

All of the key talent in San Jose seem to be leaving the company

ProsPeople are generally very personable, approachable, etc.

ConsDespite its best efforts to incorporate some of the valley into its DNA, this is NOT a silicon valley company. Highly bureaucratic, people get placed in roles based on who they know as opposed to ability, dozens of Swedes have taken temporary assignments in key positions (so much for incorporating silicon valley ways of working), nobody is willing to take risks for fear of retribution if things don't go as planned, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour best people are demoralized due to having no real authority, they only stay because of the benefits and bonus program, but even those things are losing their enticement.

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!